• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a random Google image of the first vehicle you drove.

disconnected

V.I.P Member
B71F663B-F5C6-423D-9232-25107AA84DB8.jpeg
I learned to drive in a 1991 Honda Accord.

That is a generic image, not the actual car.

Original-1973-Volkswagen-Beetle-With-Ford-Face.jpg

couldn't believe I actually found one. Looks exactly like my first car.
Oh and you changed gears manually but it didn't have a clutch. I never understood that.

I eventually had a station wagon - and it seriously used more oil than gas.

It was a relatively new car compared to the 1964 Olds I learned to drive while at home. Both were easy to drive automatics. Later drove a 3-speed manual 1970 Ford Maverick. Family cars- not my own.

VW.jpg

I found a picture that matched the color, too. A 1971 VW Fastback, purchased in 1986 for $700.

My first car was a Citroen Ami 6 which got 45 miles to the gallon back in 1965. Cannot find a picture of it on the web that will let me copy but if you google it , you'll see many pics. Mine had the slanted in back rear window and the gear shift was a lever with a knob on the end that came out of the dash. It was so light that my boyfriend was able to lift the front end up and set it back on the level after I drove it off the edge of a parking lot by mistake. And I was in the car when he did it, LOL!

That’s sweet! Didn’t a Vista Cruiser Star in “That 70’s Show”?

Never saw the show, but I sure lived the 70s. ;)

Frankly I think the school used a station wagon so we wouldn't get too "enthusiastic" about driving. :p

It was never the MG that I would drive a few years later as my first car.

1967 maroon coloured Austin Mini. That's what I had my first lessons in. I passed my test a few years later in a 1982 Fiesta.

21011_365e7940ff69_hd.JPG
1972 Buick Skylark. My sister and a friend had this same car and I learned to drive in it. I took my road test in it too.

1967 maroon coloured Austin Mini. That's what I had my first lessons in. I passed my test a few years later in a 1982 Fiesta.

A Fiesta? I figure after a Mini Cooper you'd have upgraded to a Lotus Super Seven. ;)

Secret Agent's John Drake drove a Mini Cooper and then a Lotus. Before "retiring". Be seeing you! :cool:

Last edited:
I can do ya one better and provide the image of me at 14 sitting on the hood of my 1964 Chevy Corvair ;)

Nitro and his 'vair.jpg

One Corvair, a 14 year old driver, wide open throttle, slick grass and one tree = a customized front end.
It didn't buff out BTW :D

A Fiesta? I figure after a Mini Cooper you'd have upgraded to a Lotus Super Seven. ;)

Oh I wish - I really do! I took my first 3 or 4 lessons in the mini then left it at that because I couldn't afford it. Several years later at the age of 25 I could afford more lessons hence the Fiesta. I passed first time I'm glad to say.
I'd love a Super 7! I adored The Prisoner too. I visited Portmeirion a few years ago and it's like being transported into the 60s - you start looking over your shoulder for oversized bubblegum gallons chasing you :D

92newyorker.jpg

92 Chrysler New Yorker. It was hotwired for reasons never elucidated, the soccer team had painted it with gray house paint, for reasons I still don't understand it bounced like crazy (something something suspension something something), and before he gave it to me as my first car my dad had me use a navigator saw to help him turn it into a El Camino, or some approximation thereof, just because it sounded like a fun idea (it ended up looking terrible). Whatever, I didn't care, I had a car :D

Green 1968 VW BUG.
green vw bug - Yahoo Image Search Results

Incidently, where are all those old Bugs nowadays? They seem to have disappeared from the roads. You can't even play that driving game where you spot a Beetle anymore.

I insisted on mine, as an artistic statement. I always planned on painting it as a real life beetle, but never got around to it.

Last edited:
If I was going to be pedantic about it (pedantry? Autism? What a weird combination!!!) Then the first vehicle I ever drove looked a bit like this...

130.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom