• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pokemon Go... any thoughts?

My thoughts on Pokemon Go, it's actually pretty decent I think. Going around town looking for pokémon's. Ironically, I got as far as level 12 in the game. I could actually battle in the gyms at the nearby pub; it would be nice if they actually had like a direct play against each other whoever is nearby, that would be a really good feature to have.

There are many accidents that I've heard about it, people running into highways, playing while they are in their cars while driving etc. I guess the only time I ever want to play is when I'm on the bus or having a walk around my area. Other than that, doesn't seem to occur to me that much (so I thought).

I downloaded it out of curiosity but deleted it at the same day.
Before I think it would be fun and I like collecting things, but after I caught my first pokemon, I noticed a serious problem.
The pokestops are open and fixed.
These are all perfect factors for people who want to set a bomb(whatever terrorist attack, or anti-government individuals) or any other disaster.
Just saying.

It gives people an incentive to move and go outside instead of being lazy and on the couch.

Well, that is a good thing. I will certainly agree to that. However, I have always recreated outside and I can assure you that I was not playing Pokémon. I just prefer reality over fantasy. We have to live in a real world.

One youth even caught a bullet instead of a pokemon. No greater price than that, but no-one in this country was phased by that when they learnt it happened in America- land of the crazy, home of the gun freaks.

http://nationalreport.net/teen-killed-trespassing-while-playing-pokemon-go/

It's not in mine either (although we don't call them yards in the UK). I think this was an american notice and the image went viral.

While I might be a little bit crazy, I can assure you that I am NOT a freak. I own the firearms that I do because I have the right to own them. The government here do not assume that the average citizen is not smart enough to be responsible with firearms.

You seem to be a pretty religiouse country so- GOD DEMANDS YOU LAY DOWN YOUR ARMS AND RENOUNCE THIS PHONEY MISCONCEPTION THAT 'ANY' CIVILION HAS THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.

Leave the guns to the armed response police units and the military, that should be good enough for the protection of all civilions, otherwise you're just gonna go all vigilante or gun-ho in a bias craving for revenge!! Life isn't a computer game, you can't press replay when you've gunned someone down and innocent people get killed with guns because bullets don't discriminate friend from foe!!

Mr Hopeless. How is it that you know that I am "gonna go all vigilante or gun-ho in a bias craving for revenge"? You do not know me. How can you make a statement like that? You do not have explain to me the responsibilities of being a armed citizen. I have been trained in all the aspects of usage, ownership and responsibilities of being a armed citizen. Have you? If not, I would like to suggest that you offer opinions on subjects that you know a little more about.

Can't have a peaceful discussion on Pokémon without the anti-gun loons (ironically) trolling law abiding gun owners.

Activity is generally better than a lack thereof. Having grown up running, riding, climbing, drawing, painting, and swimming around in the high sierra I already know how to make my own healthy fun with nature and creativity and do not want or need to be told how, when, why and where and especially not who to play with.

I have been trained in all the aspects of usage, ownership and responsibilities of being a armed citizen. Have you? If not, I would like to suggest that you offer opinions on subjects that you know a little more about.

You do realise you rated my previous post as 'informative', so what you're saying is contradictory. What's to know about gun responsibility other than the fact that the fewer people who have them, the better. In the armed services we trust with guns.

Someone in the UK recently caught all 149 pokemon avilable in this country. I do wonder if this little fad will last as long as the likes of minecraft though.

Hopeless_Aspie_Guy & Rich Allen - I am neither a Brit nor American and while I confess to not understanding the U.S. gun issue I believe outsiders should refrain from taking cheap shots at it from safe high-ground. In any case I think it's best to keep comments appropriate to the site and the thread. For example - I shall refrain from voicing my opinions here regarding English preoccupation with football & beer. O.K?

I've been able to find more interesting Pokémon lately, just that they seem harder to catch. I need to make my rounds of the Poke Stops soon... [emoji5]

I am sorry for getting off topic. I just do not like being called names and being accused of being something that I am not.

Last edited:
What happens when you 'get' all the pokemons you possibly can? Are there new ones that turn up?

What happens when you 'get' all the pokemons you possibly can? Are there new ones that turn up?
My next step is to start battling at the Poke Gyms. I have done a couple battles to get the feel for it, but now I'm just trying to get my Pokémon built up to higher CP so I'll be more successful when I get to the Gyms. Lots of evolving and getting the candies for the ones I need to power up by catching lower level Pokémon and releasing them for even more candy.

I love pokemon go! I read this article earlier about how the app can be really beneficial to people with asd because it makes us leave the comfort and safety of our rooms and get out in the real world more, and this has been very true for me.
Wow, I love your avatar pic, suprised I've never seen you before. It's actually a perfectly aspie kinda pic because it shows a blank expression. I just disagree with the locations of gyms and stuff because you get groups loitering around areas you wouldn't normally have large groups in.
Let's keep the thread civil, please.

Original topic, anyone?

You (or one of the other staff) deleted one of my posts, that has never happened to me before. Now I shall feel like a criminal lol :(

Hopeless_Aspie_Guy & Rich Allen - I am neither a Brit nor American and while I confess to not understanding the U.S. gun issue I believe outsiders should refrain from taking cheap shots at it from safe high-ground. In any case I think it's best to keep comments appropriate to the site and the thread. For example - I shall refrain from voicing my opinions here regarding English preoccupation with football & beer. O.K?
Erm, what has Rich Allen said to warrant that? But yes I feel too compelled to voice my opinion on guns and enter into interesting (yet mostly off topic) debates. I apologise to all.
They can barely keep control of what they've got already, what with the server crashes and that update glitch that erases all your poke-data (yes that last part is true). But they are planning to add extra features and change things on the game (not sure why they decided this after it's release and not before though.

The other generations of Pokemon are coming, giving you even more to catch.
You can also power up Pokemon and battle/conquer gyms to get in game currency.

They are also planning on adding PvP trading and battling soon, so you can interact with your friends.

Though only 144 of the current 151 are obtainable in the game proper outside of Asia.
Many Pokemon are only obtainable in eggs.
Asia has Farfetch'd obtainable

The current Pokemon you cannot catch any where in the world are:
  1. Ditto
  2. Articuno
  3. Zapdos
  4. Moltres
  5. Mewtwo
  6. Mew
Also each individual Pokemon has it's own individual values (IVs), which determines stats
You can catch 3 different pidgeys and they should have 3 different IVs, which gives them 3 different stats.

Also there are different moves you can get, which some are more powerful than others.
http://serebii.net/pokemongo/pokemon.shtml

Right now there are 721 Pokemon, with Generation 7 launching in November, which should push the number of Pokemon over 800.
Also Pokemon have regional variations like plants and animals do.

I hope they implement PvP trading and Gen II this month.

The other generations of Pokemon are coming, giving you even more to catch.
You can also power up Pokemon and battle/conquer gyms to get in game currency.

They are also planning on adding PvP trading and battling soon, so you can interact with your friends.

Though only 144 of the current 151 are obtainable in the game proper outside of Asia.
Many Pokemon are only obtainable in eggs.
Asia has Farfetch'd obtainable

The current Pokemon you cannot catch any where in the world are:
  1. Ditto
  2. Articuno
  3. Zapdos
  4. Moltres
  5. Mewtwo
  6. Mew
Also each individual Pokemon has it's own individual values (IVs), which determines stats
You can catch 3 different pidgeys and they should have 3 different IVs, which gives them 3 different stats.

Also there are different moves you can get, which some are more powerful than others.
http://serebii.net/pokemongo/pokemon.shtml

Right now there are 721 Pokemon, with Generation 7 launching in November, which should push the number of Pokemon over 800.
Also Pokemon have regional variations like plants and animals do.

I hope they implement PvP trading and Gen II this month.
Cool, something to look forward to. Especially being able to trade. Probably the only way to get the unavailable Pokémon.

Cool, something to look forward to. Especially being able to trade. Probably the only way to get the unavailable Pokémon.
The only unavailable pokemon that is catchable by normal means is Farfetch'd.

The probably haven't figured out what to do with Ditto in this spin off and the rest are legendaries (which will be sponsored events).

New Threads

Top Bottom