• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pokemon Go... any thoughts?

No, I'm not talking about conventional product suits, competitor and consumer issues and practices in this instance. But yeah, there's a lot to those issues you've itemized in your posts. Admittedly I got sidetracked on another issue. A series of suits brought about by the EU Court to allegedly recover "lost taxes" not accounted for between individual European nations like the Netherlands, and various multinational corporations like Starbucks. Of course they've done the same to Fiat as well.

But it strikes me as a blatant attempt to generate more revenue than justify any perceived civil wrong. That the EU simply wants their "pound of flesh" because they need it. The thing is, the EU courts are effectively interfering with individual nations' commerce agreements after the fact. Apple is yet another company on their "hit list" in this particular instance. A good reason for individual nations to rethink being in a heavy-handed federation that undermines commerce in such a way. It's one thing to have a legitimate grievance against a company as a consumer or a competitor. But this strikes me as simply an attempt to extort money from business agreements negotiated long before the scrutiny of the EU. It just seems fundamentally underhanded even though everyone knows the EU is struggling with revenue issues as is most every other sovereign entity.
The EU isn't screwing anyone over... Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium and others ordered the EU investigate companies who were using tax schemes to avoid paying their taxes.

Companies were/are moving money from one country in the EU to Ireland, while claiming tax status in the Netherlands to get "benefits". It called the "Double Dutch Sandwich" or "Double Irish" in the business world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Irish_arrangement

It's technically illegal to "move" your "profits" from EU countries into an EU country called Ireland, then declaring/recording profits only in Ireland for the whole of Europe (including the UK and Iceland).
Ireland had one of the lowest corporate and business taxes until the other EU countries intervened and bailed them out.

The countries behind the EU Directive, were most likely deprived of their national corporate taxes.
Very little of this money if recovered will go to the EU coffers, it will go to the countries who these companies were evading.
Iceland and UK are also doing their investigations into this tax avoidance scheme as well.
It wasn't done just to evade paying taxes in other EU countries, it was done to avoid paying taxes in countries outside of Europe too.

Many companies have already been busted by the U.S. Treasury for using Ireland as tax haven.

We've gotten way too far off course, so I won't be responding to any response you make to this post.

The EU isn't screwing anyone over...

LOL. Says you. You aren't a shareholder. When a government makes a deal they should stick to terms of the deal. Anything else exacting taxes after the fact amounts to extortion. When it's your investment at stake...you'll take notice.

Last edited:
For those interested, I just found out you can take over a gym that is your team's color by adding your Pokemon (it must be higher than the gym leader's Pokemon).
You get Gym bonus of 10 coins and 500 stardust.

I finally evolved a Victoribell today...
I also evolved a high level Eevee to 1440 Vaporeon (or was that yesterday...) it knows Hydro Pump which is one of the most powerful water moves in the game. does 120 base damage.

Game is also live in Brazil in time for the Olympics.

For those interested, I just found out you can take over a gym that is your team's color by adding your Pokemon (it must be higher than the gym leader's Pokemon).
You get Gym bonus of 10 coins and 500 stardust.

I finally evolved a Victoribell today...
I also evolved a high level Eevee to 1440 Vaporeon (or was that yesterday...) it knows Hydro Pump which is one of the most powerful water moves in the game. does 120 base damage.

Game is also live in Brazil in time for the Olympics.
Ok, cool, I was wondering just today if I could do anything with a gym that was already owned by my team. Thanks for the info.

All I have to say on the subject: I'm happy for my fellow nerds to have something that will get them walking out and about. At the same time, I've almost run into people who were jaywalking, best I can tell playing Pokémon Go. I love you guys, and I don't want to be responsible for your death! Please be careful!

Ok, cool, I was wondering just today if I could do anything with a gym that was already owned by my team. Thanks for the info.
Yeah I could have gotten many coins by now if that was the case.
You get EXP by battling and if you level the gym up, you can add your Pokemon too it (if no available slots are there).
You can also battle together with people on your team to take down a gym.

I hatched one of my 5km eggs only to get a Venonatt... it was CP 430 or so.
I was bummed.

Though I have a 2km, another 5km, and 10km eggs ready to hatch (almost done).
I hope I get some good stuff.

Though I need more ultra balls... (unlocks at level 20) well balls in general... I will go out soon again.

Oh the new update is out.
It adds:
  • Fixes
  • Fixes ball bonuses (they are back)
  • Battery saver option back
  • New nearby Pokemon locator with map (it maps it to the nearest Pokestop) - though this gradually rolling out to all areas
  • Driving warning... You must now click the button to confirm you are not driving, if your phone records you going too fast.

The game is smoother now with the update. Though most of my eggs hatched into awful stuff today :(.
Also I did get a CP 1108 Scyther from 5km egg.
I did hatch an oddish which gave me 30 candies.
Two more and I can get a Vileplum.

The game is smoother now with the update. Though most of my eggs hatched into awful stuff today :(.
Also I did get a CP 1108 Scyther from 5km egg.
I did hatch an oddish which gave me 30 candies.
Two more and I can get a Vileplum.
The update also gives you a one time name change, I used mine because I couldn't come up with anything I liked when I first started.

I went to a concert outside of Hershey last Friday night. The was a sign posted in front of a Baptist church that said "Let Pokemon go, and find Jesus."

Today I hatched a Tangela CP 959 from a 5km egg.
I also caught a CP 496 Growlithe at my library.

My Growlithe will evolve into something on this range:

ARCANINE

Attk Def Stam CP HP
Worst Possible 230 180 180 1514 108
Your Worst 244 181 193 1668 116
Your Best 235 194 193 1663 116
Best Possible 245 195 195 1747 117

you can use this to find out stats and evolutions.
https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator?locale=en

Today I hatched a Tangela CP 959 from a 5km egg.
I also caught a CP 496 Growlithe at my library.

My Growlithe will evolve into something on this range:

ARCANINE

Attk Def Stam CP HP
Worst Possible 230 180 180 1514 108
Your Worst 244 181 193 1668 116
Your Best 235 194 193 1663 116
Best Possible 245 195 195 1747 117

you can use this to find out stats and evolutions.
https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator?locale=en
I don't have a Tangela yet, I do have an Arcanine. The Arcanine is one of my favorites at the Poke Gyms.

Nearly ran over some idiot playing it in the parking lot of the store where I buy pet food. He was standing in the stall I was trying to occupy at the time. He gave me a look like "do you mind?" If I find someone in my yard, it's going to get ugly, and fast.

Hi everyone,

It’s been a busy summer and, in addition to battling bots and fixing bugs, we’ve also been busy working on some new features for our Pokémon GO Trainers. As you know, we recently released the new Pokémon Appraisal feature, which helps Trainers identify which Pokémon has the most potential for battle. Today we wanted to let you know about a new feature for the game that is just around the corner.

The next addition to Pokémon GO will be Buddy Pokémon. You will be able to pick your favorite Pokémon from your collection to become your buddy, opening up unique in-game rewards and experiences. Buddy Pokémon will appear alongside your Trainer avatar on your profile screen, adding helpful bonuses such as awarding Candy for walking together. You’ll also have the ability to change your Buddy Pokémon at any time.

We’ve got a lot more in the works this fall. Stay tuned here for all the details.

Thanks,
The Pokémon GO Development Team

buddy_002_EN.png

buddy_001_EN.png
http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/buddy/

New Threads

Top Bottom