• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Online Dating entirely useless for most men?

i disagree that online dating is useless. It's more about how you use it and how open you are.

I saw one or several comments on annoyances about "hey" and "what's up" on here. I think to have an expectation for someone to start off with so many details is asking for too much. You can simply respond back with hey, what's up, or you can even initiate a question and start a conversation. Remember, a conversation is TWO ways, not just one. I think many females prefer more detailed messages being initiated to them in general, or at least a quick one liner that makes a person sound more interested. For men, they generally like things short and sweet. So one word answers or one sentence is normally what you want to keep it to. Usually, you want to keep it positive too. I've had to learn all of this the hard way unfortunately, because I didn't always have people to lean on when I needed it the most.

Also, online gives you potential options to people that you may have otherwise not had an opportunity to meet. With online dating, don't use it as a barrier. Use it as a medium to try to make connections in-person. I personally prefer to try to meet people in-person sooner rather than later because people do play too many games. if they are beating around the bush or aren't makin a schedule with you at least, look for other(s) who will. Can still be open to people you reached out to before or vice versa, but it may be worth considering that they come only at your convenience to show you they are truly serious depending on the context of the situation.
YEah, that's all fine and great, except even when you take 10 minutes to read a woman's long profile and actually put your time into it, she still doesn't reply and even if she does she stops talking at some point. So why even bother?

YEah, that's all fine and great, except even when you take 10 minutes to read a woman's long profile and actually put your time into it, she still doesn't reply and even if she does she stops talking at some point. So why even bother?

Actually Shiznown, that's exactly what I'm pointing out. That many men such as yourselves want to start off short because they feel it's too much of a bother to be concerned with details unless interest in shown. With females in general, they seem to want the detail. The whole irony to that is that even with the detail, they may show no interest anyway. So, I think females need to stop complaining and make an effort to show interest as well so that there is more of a conversation naturally. Also, a female, if they really like someone's profile and appearance combination, they will eventually reach out anyway, lol. So, if you want to spend your time on something besides making short contact, I think it beneficial to have a quality profile that is quality to you and shows you and you rather than something more mundane. If you're looking for a hookup, then you want to keep everything ridiculously short.

10 minutes to some people may not be a long time. you choose how want to read or skim others' profiles. You do what works for you, but keep in mind that others have preferences that may not match your preferences or even be ideal for them to try to meet people.

New Threads

Top Bottom