• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Noodles survey!

Noodles?

• Italian pasta!

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Thai noodles!

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Japanese noodles!

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Chinese noodles!

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • American noodles!

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • I don’t like any pasta!

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Carbs are lovely!

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I think The Olive Garden sucks, and I agree with Metalhead on that.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I’m hungry for pasta right now.

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
Not a picky person with noodles. They are fun and noodly~

But seriously. Homemade noodles, pasta or otherwise, are generally much better than generic restaurant fair. Unless you have money to shell out to high quality restaurants.

Survived on Italian style pasta for many years in my youth. It was cheap and easy :) it's also fun to make by hand - even I rarely do it.

I cook noodles and pasta.
Tonight I had pasta with tomato sauce so good, they are good with tomato sauce if you are a tomato sauce or ketchup person.
I like them plain sometimes just with cheese and butter but now I like tomato sauce too since I tried it.
I have to be careful with carbs and I need to eat lots of vegetables.
But they are so good plain I die maybe with one veg if you need some nutrients.

I clicked the arrow on just about everything. It's after one, and now I want to make a big pot of homemade mac n cheese. I could use carb therapy.

Ugh but we're out of cheese. If I want cheesy pasta, I'll have to make cheese.

Hmmm....I do have extra milk.

And I have a surplus of pasta in the pantry.

But it's after one am.

There are these Chinese noodles. I can't think of the type right now, but they are spirulina and buckwheat, and they soften immediately when they touch hot water. So good.

I've always had a preference for Angel's Hair Pasta. And Chinese Rice Noodles with Chicken A La King. :)

Last edited:
All kinds of noodles are good and can be prepared a lot of good ways. I particularly liked chow fun. However, these days with my stomach problems I’m primarily having gluten free pasta - brown rice pasta and chickpea pasta.

It's always been like this little thrill when I get served macaroni and cheese, and I discover it was made with seashell noodles. Something about them makes the texture so pleasant, and because they fill with the cheese, the flavor is heavenly.

I rarely ever tasted them as a child. We did not eat well, by any standard. If I recall nearly any childhood memory, my stomach growls in association.

And so it was the most wonderful meal, meant for kings, when I discovered a serving of shell noodles and cheese on my plate.

I still feel joy when I see them. It is the same thrill a child gets when they see sugar cookies. Something really special.

Last edited:
It's always been like this little thrill when I get served macaroni and cheese, and I discover it was made with seashell noodles. Something about them makes the texture so pleasant, and because they fill with the cheese, the flavor is heavenly.

I rarely ever tasted them as a child. We did not eat well, by any standard. If I recall nearly any childhood memory, my stomach growls in association.

And so it was the most wonderful meal, meant for kings, when I discovered a serving of shell noodles and cheese on my plate.

I still feel joy when I see them. It is the same thrill a child gets when they see sugar cookies. Something really special.

I love cheese stuffed shells - the largest size shells they make - coated with a marinara sauce to bake them. I haven't made them in a long time. Yum.

I could use some mac and cheese when I get home tonight. Along with some sausages and grilled asparagus.

A favorite of mine is Singapore Rice Noodles. Give me a plate of them and a cold Tiger beer and I am in heaven.

In spring 2022 I took a trip to Bangkok. One noodle house I went to was Thipsammai Pad Thai. This is the place that put Pad Thai on the map. Instead of scrambling the egg into the noodles they wrap the noodles in a paper thin layer of egg.

Do people like Spring Rolls. Very easy to make. One preps lots of different things for filling; bean sprouts, jalapeno, onion, sweet pepper, egg, meat, whatever. Then you get a large circle of rice spring role wrapper. You soak it and it immediately softens (never soak it too long). You add fillings, sauces and roll it up. the softened rice paper stretches slightly and adheres to itself so rolling it is easy. Then, enjoy!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom