• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New to this forum-Howdy!

David K

Hey everyone

My name is David. Asperger’s/ADD. Diagnosed ADD about 15 years ago, Aspergers about a year ago. Coming to grips with many aspects of Asperger’s that I was either unaware of or in denial about. Wishing you all well. :)

upload_2022-6-3_12-59-37.png

Hey everyone

My name is David. Asperger’s/ADD. Diagnosed ADD about 15 years ago, Aspergers about a year ago. Coming to grips with many aspects of Asperger’s that I was either unaware of or in denial about. Wishing you all well. :)
Hello!
Welcome to the forum

Hey everyone

Hi David, just a question, but why were you diagnosed with Aspergers so recently after being diagnosed with Autism? I though people weren't diagnosed with Aspergers anymore so the reverse would be more likely. Perhaps it still is in your country. Apologies for the question, and I hope you will have a pleasant time here and integrate well with the community.

Edit: Oops, sorry, I just noticed that I misread your comment that you were diagnosed with autism, not ADD 15 years ago. My mistake.

Last edited:
Hi David, just a question, but why were you diagnosed with Aspergers so recently after being diagnosed with Autism? I though people weren't diagnosed with Aspergers anymore so the reverse would be more likely. Perhaps it still is in your country. Apologies for the question, and I hope you will have a pleasant time here and integrate well with the community.

I just accepted that it was primarily ADD that was my issue. No one, not even my therapist ever suggested that it could anything more than that.

Welcome! Finding acceptance can be very helpful in working to improve ourselves and our relation with the world :)

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. Finding out about Aspergers/ ASD 1 can be a revelation about oneself, it's easier to find useful strategies when you understand the issues better. Plenty of threads here to read, one caution would be, there's quite a dominance of a deficit approach to ASD in the world currently, I like to think about difference rather than deficits.

:grapes::strawberry::cherries::watermelon::shortcake::pizza::cookie::coffee:

Hi and welcome @David K

This is a friendly place and there is lots of good experience in here.
The people are friendly, but beware if you hear about coffee and donuts. There is a wind up merchant going around saying these are available in the kitchen. Well I ain't found them yet - so be warned.

New Threads

Top Bottom