• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New to the forum!

Do you have an autistic sibling and you also happen to be autistic as well?

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

oakhearted

Mild Functioning Autistic
Hey everyone, I am cheyne, also known as oakhearted or chiwawah. I consider myself either just Autistic ( Mild ) or High Functioning Autistic, I got diagnosed when I was 3 years old.
I also have a brother who's severely autistic, probably on the low end.
I also play Animal Jam, if theres anyone else here that plays it too?
And I play Wajas, Chicken Smoothie, Flight Rising and Fortnite.

Hi and Welcome!
I have no siblings, but, I do have a cousin and an Uncle on the spectrum.

Hi cheyne :)

welcome to af.png

Warm welkome to the forums :)

Im the only child and all my diagnosis comes from my MBD =Minimal brain damage (later renamed as ADHD) but yes it has comed to my attention that my mom is Quite probably ASD and it wouldn't surprise me one second if my dad is also & possibly also my aunt and uncle to some degree based on my own study in ASD on my own behalf of course :rolleyes:

I am the eldest of 5 of us and I am the only one who is on the autism spectrum. However, saying that, I have a sister who I have not seen since she was a child ( adopted) and have no communications with her, so I cannot answer to whether she is or not.

Welcome oakhearted, I have a younger sister who is also on the spectrum.

Hi Cheyne - I love that name. I named my daughter Chey. I don't think any of my siblings are autistic, but then I didn't know about myself until a few years ago. But they all seem to be NT.
So welcome and hope you enjoy it here.

Welcome Cheyne! Perhaps your brother would like this community as well. Its a very friendly place.

I consider myself an Aspie, but my sister is as NT as they come. However, I strongly suspect my mother is on the spectrum as well, so there is still a family dynamic.

Thinks to self: Hmm, maybe that helps explain why it was so "2 versus 2" in my household growing up... the NT's vs. the Auties...

Welcome! I hope you like the forum!

I am high functioning and my sister is very similar to me - both aspie ladies. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom