• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My Obsession(s)

My brother a fellow Aspie is putting something to together for peer to peer communication via the internet that could be a game changer, giving it away as free ware way above what I can understand. computer and electronic whiz. if the He's allowing others to monitze, if they can sounds like a big impovement over Yahoo. He sent me a email this morning describing what he was doing, when he was working he come up with stuff that saved his company millions. has a track record.

We are from the same generation as gates, Jobs, my brother was playing with the same stuff as them at the same time. basically he is a peer built first computer in the early eighties. Does not care about getting incredibly rich. Very seldom leaves the house or interacts with others.

Last edited:
20220416_152845.jpg

A hundred interests. One photo.

I have a lot of books on the 2nd world war since the covid started. I collect them is like relaxing time.

Right now...Beatles. I've seen some truly twisted memes. But , I can't, stop, watching.

I have a lot of books on the 2nd world war since the covid started. I collect them is like relaxing time.
my dad got me into watching WW2 shows and history, he lived through it, he just wanted to know what happened, something you can not do when your in the middle of it.

I can read quickly, that is impressive. You must, do what they call chunk reading. rather than reading a word at a time whole lines are absorbed. One of my brothers chunk reads he is a walking Enclopedia.

I just read when I have down time or can't sleep. I will book binge: 6 in one day, but usually I'm less immersive. e.g. 8 - 10 books per week, five in progress at any given time. Weirdly a graphic novel or manga can take me up to three days to finish because of visual stimuli overload.

When I get going it's one a day. I'm into magazines for my half hour on the bike in the morning. prefer visual stimulation.

I'm obsessed with little things. As a kid almost all my toys were micro and kept in categorized containers. And they had to be detailed intricately. Ex was micro machines. As an adult, I love polymer clay because of all the tiny detailed things you can make.

Afternoon folks,

Thought i'd create this thread in case anybody would like to share their obsessions and give us a little bit of background info.

-Chris
I loooooove the Goonies. For a while I was watching it every single day.

Right now...Beatles. I've seen some truly twisted memes. But , I can't, stop, watching.
do you get into their album credits and years of release? that's always interesting seeing the journey of an artist. seeing how their skills sharpen as the years go by.

arg! hehe i keep thinking of things...does anybody here get attached to certain podcasts, movies, tv series because of the comradery of the cast? it's like being there and having buddies and just enjoying what's going on. "big bang theory" really hits that spot for me. i used to cry because i "thought" i was lonly, but i wouldn't want to be there for real so now i can enjoy watching it.

My wife really likes the big bang theory, reminds her of my family each of my brothers and I Includng her has a analogue. My oldest brother was Sheldon, her Penny , and I of course Leonard. It's really eerie how close we in real life resembled this fictional show. My older brother even got married for a short time.

Last edited:
My wife really likes the big bang theory, reminds her of my family each of my brothers and I Includng her has a analogue. My oldest brother was Sheldon, her Penny , and I of course Leonard. It's really eerie how close we in real life resembled this fictional show. My older brother even got married for a short time.

so cool!

New Threads

Top Bottom