• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My Obsession(s)

C

Chris

Afternoon folks,

Thought i'd create this thread in case anybody would like to share their obsessions and give us a little bit of background info.

-Chris

Hiya yeah my name is faith my main obcession is mental health or physical health surprisingly also my obcessions can change I find something I am interested in I Plough into it and eventually end up annoying everyone around me or exhausting myself and then generally give up and move onto the next obcession anybody else find this

I'm like that too, kind of. I have a few interests/obsessions that I tend to devote myself to intensely, but after a while I do lose interest in them and move on to something new. The period of time that I have had these interests have varied in length from a couple weeks up to years.
My first big obsession was horses, I started riding, joined a book club specifically about horses, read everything I could find about them whether they be facts or fictional stories, made games based on horses (pretended to be one, jumping obstacles, racing, etc).

I'm like that too, kind of. I have a few interests/obsessions that I tend to devote myself to intensely, but after a while I do lose interest in them and move on to something new. The period of time that I have had these interests have varied in length from a couple weeks up to years.
My first big obsession was horses, I started riding, joined a book club specifically about horses, read everything I could find about them whether they be facts or fictional stories, made games based on horses (pretended to be one, jumping obstacles, racing, etc).

You might want to look up Blonde Redhead. Music videos from the albums Misery is a Butterfly and Penny Sparkle have horses in them.

Afternoon folks,

Thought i'd create this thread in case anybody would like to share their obsessions and give us a little bit of background info.

-Chris
Hi i don,t have any obsessions that i know of maybe if you name some i might remember if i have a obsession or not.

Nothing as major as obsession but I write everyday. The world seems to vanish when I write and I lose track of time quickly.
If there was something it would indeed be writing and researching things. Topics from mythology to medieval torture devices used in Europe (story) to politics of a small country and how to gut and skin a animal during hunting (story). When it involves and idea, I find out everything I can.

Nothing as major as obsession but I write everyday. The world seems to vanish when I write and I lose track of time quickly.
If there was something it would indeed be writing and researching things. Topics from mythology to medieval torture devices used in Europe (story) to politics of a small country and how to gut and skin a animal during hunting (story). When it involves and idea, I find out everything I can.
Have you read ' The hero with a thousand faces' you'll enjoy it if you're into mythology

I'm Mr Allen, from Sheffield, England. My main obsession is my Xbox (Yay! Xbox! Down with Sony!)

I've been to Sheffield. Went for a few drinks around there many years ago. Was good, but the glass in the centre does it an injustice. The Fat Cat is an excellent pub - some good pintage to be had.

I've been to Sheffield. Went for a few drinks around there many years ago. Was good, but the glass in the centre does it an injustice. The Fat Cat is an excellent pub - some good pintage to be had.

Try the Devonshire Cat, top of Wellington St, bit expensive but they do the best pint of Moonshine in the City.

Also, if you like that kind of thing, the Harlequin on Nursery St does the quiz on a Sunday night from about half 9.

Ah, yes, The Harlequin. I went! Cracking pint of porter in there. This was ten years ago now.

Music movies and Disney are my 3 biggest obsessions, but i've also been obsessed with science for about a year and a half, especially astronomy, cosmology, astrophysics, and just about any field having to do with outer space.

I went to one pub and they had Irish newspapers and the hurling on. I've never watched hurling. I prefer futsal.

My special interests change over the years, but one that has stayed the same is art. Drawing, painting, you name it, I love to create things. In fact, I am studying to get a degree in the Fine Arts.
My current all-consuming obsession is autism. Specifically, autism in females. This is partially because I diagnosed myself before being professionally diagnosed. I know so much about autism symptoms now, and I love to learn more all the time!
My last obsession is Squishmallow stuffed animals. These adorable plushies have taken over my bed, but I'll always have room for more.

My current big obsessions include Autism research, and Youtube documentaries. And some of my smaller obsessions include peanut butter, watercolors, pen and ink art, and stuffed animals. I'd call my Autism obsession a special interest, and the rest are random interesting things. Peanut butter is basically my favorite food, and I kind of hoard/collect stuffed animals. My bed has been taken over by cute, plush creatures!

My long term special interests are metal music (evolution of music genres, bands, etc.) and art (drawing, painting, crafting). Other interests have been social sciences (Sociology/Criminology), psychopathy/serial killers, and certain historical time periods like the Russian Revolution/Communism era, WWII and the like. :)

Hi! My obsessions change, I get highly obsessed with one thing but then one day I realize it's not interesting any more. My latest one was autism research/videos (and perhaps still is). My other obsession is buying things (it is a bad thing I would say). For example, the other week I 'realized(!)' that I need noise cancelling headphones and browsed everything I could about them, found the best ones and today I bought them (yuppie). I know that I don't really need them, but the process itself is satisfying.

Otherwise, I feel that I have lost a lot of interests. I was so bright as a child and my teens, so curious about so many things, and now I am like a shadow of myself in that regard.

New Threads

Top Bottom