• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My Obsession(s)

MY wife has the whole series. She is not one of us, just likes the program. To hokey for me.

What they're producing now, I really struggle to watch, actually I'm barely managing to watch any of it at all, it's so boring now. The audios take it to a whole other place, some of it visceral stuff you can't get away with on tv like peoples heads bursting or dwarfs having body parts chopped off and forced to dance in Dalek outfits. The stories in the audios are like continuations of the classic series featuring all the original Doctors that are still alive, the classic Doctors get some really good character development as well. I much prefer the older series to the reboot for sure.

I guess when you do the audio you are adding a new dimension much like reading a book you then visualize it in your had bypassing the cheezy TV productions. Curious are you a visual thinker? many of us are.

I guess I am. I remember the events in the audios by what I remember visualising rather than hearing, have gotten confused as to whether or not I actually watched it rather than just heard it lol.

The ability to visualize is not that common I Saw a study once 1 in 57 000 people have this ability.
The most notable, Einstein And Tesla, combine this with high intelligence gives you a real edge. imagine the one eyed person in the land of the blind.

I have a pretty large music box collection that I started when I was four. There are over 100 of them and I haven’t counted them in a long time. I have some rare finds and also some that are worth far more than I paid for them. I have almost every type of music box you can imagine other than large furniture. The only type I don’t have are the larger 36, 50, 72, and 100 notes movements as they are highly sought after and very expensive even when used. Largest movement I have is a 28 note two song which I think might be rare because of the songs it plays aren’t usually paired together. I even have a musical lazy susan tray which I have yet to see another and even eBay doesn’t have any listings for anything similar to it. The most unusual music box I have is actually a musical limited edition porcelain doll that is a duck! I also have a music box that plays the Westminster Chimes which is extremely rare to see.

History: ancient history With specifications.
Dinosaurs
Fantasy
Video games
Owls *this might not be surprising
Cosplay *i cosplay, I like the creative Focus it gives me

The first time I saw that laughing owl in your profile pic, I had to google "owls", I was curious, I have never really noticed owls before. And I would recommend that people try googling "owls" and "funny owls", those birds are unusual and sometimes hilarious. :) I can see why you like them.

View attachment 76067 View attachment 76068
MEME-Coffee-Owls_thumb.jpg

Pyschology (neurodivergencies specifically). You spend a lifetime hearing you are broken, damaged, or weird, you start looking for the why. I just kept on reading. Books (eclectic topics, picture books to the DSM V to romance novels (don't knock 'em 'til you try 'em.) My basement is nicknamed the bookcave and is a sensory oasis, books on numerous topics, sorted, stacked, and waiting. Poetry, (but don't ask me to iamb. I literally cannot sound out or count syllables. I did not learn to read in a conventional way, I've just always known how.) Music, (I always have it playing or access to it.). Potato Cat and Rue Dog.

I acquire sad houseplants. Best friend reminded me, I promised to go to the co-op with her. It's downtown, so she drove.

We browsed through some of the little shops and I found two little semi-percious stones, a bear and a rabbit, to add to my collection of cluttery critters. (Those I've collected and played with since I was really little.)

Since it was a pretty decent day we walked to the co-op. Three steps in the door I found a very sad German Ivy. It was on clearance for a $1.50. I couldn't leave the poor thing there, so we did a circuit of the store while I had this plant balanced on my open palm.

(That particular trait is one of my stims, if I am holding something be it a box, book, or plant, I find its center of gravity and proceed to balance it on my hand. I do it without thinking and people tend to focus on the balanced object rather than me. Far less risk of eye contact.)

Anywho, I also got the bumper sticker, I had been wanting as well as my plant and we headed home. My new ivy has been repotted, an ancient geranium laid to rest, and my critters dusted and sorted.

Just read about, the kid that built a nuclear reactor in a shed in his back yard, Now that is a obsession. sounds like one of us.

New Threads

Top Bottom