• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My life would be easier if…

Rodafina

Hopefully Human
Staff member
V.I.P Member
Thread premise: Finish the sentence, “My life would be easier if…” with some observation you’ve made about your own life.

It’s not really a place for feedback and advice, just putting our observations about what might make life easier out there for all to see.

I’ll go first.

Nobody in my family drank alcohol and I didn’t ever have to be around that stuff again.

...I was a dog. Dogs know how to live. Just lying around, falling asleep face down in my food bowl, people petting me and calling me a good boy, chasing a mailman for fun, lying around some more, doing nothin`. That's living.

But on a more serious note,

I didn't live alone.

My life would be easier if:

I could believe what I was told and not question everything.

I didn’t need to have tight definitions around words that most are ok with being not well defined.

I wasn’t going through occasional emotional meltdowns that destroy meaningful and important relationships.

I didn’t have a lifetime of abuse and trauma that leads to above emotional meltdowns.

I didn’t have impossible standards for myself that I can never live up to.

I could sense that others cared about me without reading the tea leaves and reacting when the result feels negative.

5602b9cdcd470129aa753a246646f8d6.jpg

I'm not saying better, but easier yes.

;)

...if everything hurt less.

...if the threat of more pain wasn't omnipresent.

And if I could just manage some bloody courage for once.

My life would be easier if
-I had good parents
-I didn't have anxiety disorder
-I didn't have such bad eyesight
-I had more focus
-I lived somewhere I actually like
-I had more money
-I had offline friends
-I was able to be more independent

New Threads

Top Bottom