• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My dream life.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
My dream life is being a great host to good friends on a regular basis. BBQs during summer and traditional comfort dinners during winters. Having my man cave be the go-to place for my good friends.

Honestly, I am starting to think my sober man cave is less for myself and more because I want to be a great host.

Most of the guys I know who are my age are not single like I am. I am single by choice because I find I prefer bromance to romance.

I want a return to the college days with the bros where late night binge watch marathons happened every weekend and were a social event.

Sounds like a wonderful life.

My dream life would be similar, all my best friends living in the same neighborhood, so we can meet and check up on each other whenever we want while also having the option to stay alone when we want.

The problem with getting older is that priorities and energy levels change, so hanging out endlessly with friends for all night gaming comes roaring to a giant stop. Those carefree days of youth turn into endless bills and responsibilities with everything else taking a backseat. I sound like a debbie downer......
My life just feels like a rotation of IRS, medical, car, house repair and raising grocery bills now.

My dream life is to be rich enough to be able to buy a cottage surrounded by wildlife and not having to work. Just please myself every day in my little cottage, with cats and rats as pets (yes, you can have both). No lousy noisy neighbours stomping above your head 24/7 and no inconsiderate louts having barbecues right outside my bedroom window. The only sounds I would hear are animals and the weather. Then I could forget that I'm part of this horrible modern society and just live how I was put on this planet to live. I think my head would be clearer too and I'll very very content. I don't get bored when at home.

The problem with getting older is that priorities and energy levels change, so hanging out endlessly with friends for all night gaming comes roaring to a giant stop. Those carefree days of youth turn into endless bills and responsibilities with everything else taking a backseat. I sound like a debbie downer......
My life just feels like a rotation of IRS, medical, car, house repair and raising grocery bills now.
You sound like a realist to me. lol

My dream life would be not to have histamine poisoning issues, have constant emotional stability, and to live in a world where intrusive thoughts didn't exist, just to name a few.

Then I could forget that I'm part of this horrible modern society and just live how I was put on this planet to live.
Well, I have been becoming more and more reclusive as I age, and I love it.
Heaven. <sigh>

As my grandpappy used to say:
"Most pain comes from other people...
Reason suggests avoiding most people..."

Such a wise dawg... :cool:

You sound like a realist to me. lol

My dream life would be not to have histamine poisoning issues, have constant emotional stability, and to live in a world where intrusive thoughts didn't exist, just to name a few.
Faith has been helpful with cleaning up the thought atic. I'm afraid emotional stability is just Wating on the World to Change.

Faith has been helpful with cleaning up the thought atic. I'm afraid emotional stability is just Wating on the World to Change.

I wouldn't hold your breath.
Hold It In Stressed Out GIF by Chunk Factory HQ

Well, I have been becoming more and more reclusive as I age, and I love it.
Heaven. <sigh>

As my grandpappy used to say:
"Most pain comes from other people...
Reason suggests avoiding most people..."

Such a wise dawg... :cool:
That's what my husband says! He says it's people who bring him problems. And he's sort of right. That's why if we lived in a cottage somewhere in the countryside we'd both be happy.

I don't want to world to cater to me as a minority, but if the government helped people like me by letting me live somewhere away from noisy neighbours no matter how poor I am, then the world wouldn't need to cater to me. Then I can live in peace and harmony without wishing death threats upon neighbours who are unable to respect my much needed peace and quiet (when I say unable, I literally mean through no fault of their own, though some are inconsiderate too).

That's what my husband says! He says it's people who bring him problems. And he's sort of right. That's why if we lived in a cottage somewhere in the countryside we'd both be happy.

I don't want to world to cater to me as a minority, but if the government helped people like me by letting me live somewhere away from noisy neighbours no matter how poor I am, then the world wouldn't need to cater to me. Then I can live in peace and harmony without wishing death threats upon neighbours who are unable to respect my much needed peace and quiet (when I say unable, I literally mean through no fault of their own, though some are inconsiderate too).
After what they've put me through, they're absolutely not going to judge me for mouthing off, or for anything at all, for that matter. They don't judge me. They get judged, and they're going to discover that.

Perhaps your husband is my grandpappy!
shocked surprise GIF

My dream is getting my music life back on, I'm thinking a yt channel, but I need to learn or get help with a bunch of techie stuff. Going to Rave festivals (because they are my freaky, freaky people!) but, I'll need to get noise cancelling tech and have a comfy bed because I wrecked myself last year, going to one with my oldest son.

Getting my "Spiritual Herbology" cards made and published. Making amazing crocheted and knitted fairy and dance clothes (for females, mainly) and having a active role in my grandbabies lives. I would love to live more foresty (I feel more fey than human, most of the time) and have loads of gardens, an orchard, chooks, doggies, wildlife around and an art studio and have my children and grandchildren over and even my siblings and their children. It would be near a beautiful waterhole and I would also have a salt water pool, because it is hot here, all year round and VERY hot in summer.

I would love to travel too. Go to different events around the world of things I am into.

My dream life is living on a remote, uninhabited or sparsely inhabited tropical island within 10 degrees of the equator (for hurricane immunity - not sufficient coriolis to support their development)

I think in my case, the dream would not be the reality. It's tempting to just retire, but the only times I've been truly happy is when I've been working with a purpose. On the bright side, I guess that means there's still fuel in me left.

My dream life is living on a remote, uninhabited or sparsely inhabited tropical island within 10 degrees of the equator (for hurricane immunity - not sufficient coriolis to support their development)
I did that for 20 years, mainland instead of an island but similar. You don't escape the big storms though, I went through 4 cyclones in that time. The last one in 2018 I got to see the actual eye, something I'd always wanted to see but that's not for the faint hearted.

What you want and dream of changes as you go through different stages in life, and sometimes they come full circle. I'm living what I consider to be a dream life, I have the freedom to do whatever I like and I have no commitments but what I like more than anything is peace and quiet and to be able to read and play games without being disturbed. It's like I'm wagging school again but now it's every day of the week.

I did that for 20 years, mainland instead of an island but similar. You don't escape the big storms though, I went through 4 cyclones in that time. The last one in 2018 I got to see the actual eye, something I'd always wanted to see but that's not for the faint hearted.
I am not familiar with pacific cyclones, but looking at historic Atlantic hurricane tracks, they form and grow at lattitudes greater than 10 degrees..

Yeah, I might have some arrested development issues going on. I pay all my bills but I am happily single and I want to chill with the bros, but the bros who grew up with me have moved on and I would feel uncomfortable hanging out with a younger crowd because that would seem inappropriate to me.

New Threads

Top Bottom