• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Music You Love

Did you just refer to Aphex Twin as not cool!? o_O

Yeah I saw you posted Windowlicker, another great track. There are a small amount of Aphex songs which are among my all-time favourite pieces of music ever - it's not like I listen to flim all the time but I always love it.
Yeah, well, I only met a few people who even knew who of his work. Flim was probably never in the charts, lol

Last edited:
Oh I think I sort of understand. Well, "cool" is subjective! The word doesn't have anything to do with what's popular to me.

Haha, no pretty sure 'flim' was never in the charts but I believe 'Windowlicker' did really well if memory serves me right.

I was hoping to find a good version of a song called "Lost Child" by Mouretsu Uchuu Kaizoku (I think?)? Do you know it? Seems like your sort of thing, I quite like that one.

Last edited:
Another one of my all time favourites that is little known outside of the minority subculture lol. Absolute classic though.. Depending on your point of view.

I was hoping to find a good version of a song called "Lost Child" by Mouretsu Uchuu Kaizoku (I think?)? Do you know it? Seems like your sort of thing, I quite like that one.
Not the one by Momoiro Clover Z? I have a (pretty brutal) Noisia remix of that on Soundcloud. I haven't heard the original though..

Yeah I think that's them, the version/s on YouTube are rubbish though. And yep I discovered it via Noisia's remix.

Have pm'd you.

Last edited:
Am a big Green Day fan myself, well; I love their old stuff, really can't seem to appreciate the bulk of their newer stuff post-American Idiot. And I agree, I wanted to be him/look like him growing up tbh lol.

Exactly!!! And I also listen to very little post-American Idiot!

good music-genuine expression and competent song writing will almost always speak for its self outside what (mostly) pointless labels people choose to restrict and narrow their perspective with.
though to be more on topic i still think highly of beast-land that got released last year

Last edited:
good music-genuine expression and competent song writing will almost always speak for its self outside what pointless labels choose to restrict and narrow their perspective with.
though to be more on topic i still think highly of beast-land that got released last year
Wow that's a lot of distortion :dizzy:! There needs to be an "Appreciate" rating or something as I'm not crazy about it but I don't really hate it either.

This thing's wonderful:

cant figure out how the quoting system works so ^ to your reply
appreciate is the word i would describe most of my feelings towards it as well but the intensity and texture with the idea it conjures of a freezing world were people mutilate their own bodies with god knows what to survive is a compelling one.

Last edited:
cant figure out how the quoting system works so ^ to your reply
appreciate is the word i would describe most of my feelings towards it as well but the intensity and texture with the idea it conjures of a freezing world were people mutilate their own bodies with good knows what to survive is a compelling one.

I was following you up until the bits about people mutilating their own bodies etc. , is it some concept of the band's you're trying to describe or...?

i meant in an augmentation sense sticking metal/plastic/so on into yourself
and im mostly going off what my feelings tell on a moment by moment basis when im in the flow of listening to it (i haven't got round to reading the lyrics and the crazy distortion makes it hard to understand them in the moment for the most part)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
the author behind it (hurr hurr i can make puns!) stated its an intended part of the album as well
and its most apparent in the song nihil strength.

listen to the album 5 times in perfect concentration and you will come to understand :p
and now for something more traditionally pleasing from foxtraps debut album

New Threads

Top Bottom