• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Music You Love

Fino

Alex
V.I.P Member
I was gonna make a thread about what music we like and thought, "I did it! I finally thought of a topic that doesn't make me wonder if humanity is doomed!"

But then I realized the same thing must have been made a hundred times before, so I checked.

And I was right! Over and over, the same one! Of course!

But then I noticed they were all very general, with people listing what decades or genres they like. I want to know very specifically what artist and which one or two songs/pieces affected you most. Genres are confusing anyway.

Then I found that was already made too! Major Tom made it in January!

But I wasn't here in January and neither were many of you, so I didn't get intel on the people I'm familiar with.

At that point, my brain finally let me make the thread, under the condition that I pointlessly explain everything I just explained.

My favorite composers are Frederic Chopin and Charles-Valentin Alkan and my favorite pieces by them are:
- Ballade No.1 in G minor, Chopin
- Etude, Op. 35, No. 7, Alkan, "Burning Village"

I consider these to be two of humanity's greatest creations. I used to listen to the first one when I was suicidal. It sounds like God, to me.

Fun fact, having that as your favorite piece while in music school makes you basic! :rolleyes:

My favorite popular artists are Michael Jackson, P!nk, Sia, and Green Day.

Michael Jackson was the first music I ever liked, when I was a kid and tried dancing like him but wasn't at all close.

My love for Green Day is bolstered by the fact that the lead singer was insanely hot in his youth.

I started listening to P!nk when I was about sixteen, when I was very isolated and depressed, and it was the first time I fully realized I wasn't alone. My favorite P!nk song is:
- Just Like a Pill

And my favorite popular music song and my favorite cover of that song is:
- Me and Bobby McGee, covered by P!nk

Another fun fact, one of my brothers is a conspiracy theorist and says the "Just Like A Pill" video is a recruitment video for Satanism. I've watched it many times. Watch out, guys! For me and for the video. ;)

Whatever songs people post will remind me of them forever, according to my experience so far with other people! And any comment on mine will also be remembered forever, judging my experience so far!

Wow! :eek: I just surpised myself with that! That's a whole lotta forever! :D

Great idea for a thread! I haven't come accross Major Tom's, but will have a look for it, as well. Chopin is at the top of my list of favorite composers, however, I have other favorites, as well! I am looking most forward to participating in this thread!

edit - Have just read your commentary, and find it quite interesting. I have to wait to caption mine, but, the following piece/ Blood On The Rooftops, by Genesis, moves me, profoundly_

Last edited:
Chopin is one of my favorite as well, I've been learning some of his waltzes on piano this week. My favorite piece by him is Polonaise in A-flat (Op. 53).
Beethoven is amazing obviously. His symphonies are great (the 4th is an underrated one in my opinion). Also his piano sonatas and string quartets are beautiful. My favorite string quartet is the 14th one in C-sharp minor. It is timeless and has 7 movements. The first movement is very mysterious and then the second one is more joyful.

I was gonna make a thread about what music we like and thought, "I did it! I finally thought of a topic that doesn't make me wonder if humanity is doomed!"

But then I realized the same thing must have been made a hundred times before, so I checked.

And I was right! Over and over, the same one! Of course!

But then I noticed they were all very general, with people listing what decades or genres they like. I want to know very specifically what artist and which one or two songs/pieces affected you most. Genres are confusing anyway.

Then I found that was already made too! Major Tom made it in January!

But I wasn't here in January and neither were many of you, so I didn't get intel on the people I'm familiar with.

At that point, my brain finally let me make the thread, under the condition that I pointlessly explain everything I just explained.

My favorite composers are Frederic Chopin and Charles-Valentin Alkan and my favorite pieces by them are:
- Ballade No.1 in G minor, Chopin
- Etude, Op. 35, No. 7, Alkan, "Burning Village"

I consider these to be two of humanity's greatest creations. I used to listen to the first one when I was suicidal. It sounds like God, to me.

Fun fact, having that as your favorite piece while in music school makes you basic! :rolleyes:

My favorite popular artists are Michael Jackson, P!nk, Sia, and Green Day.

Michael Jackson was the first music I ever liked, when I was a kid and tried dancing like him but wasn't at all close.

My love for Green Day is bolstered by the fact that the lead singer was insanely hot in his youth.

I started listening to P!nk when I was about sixteen, when I was very isolated and depressed, and it was the first time I fully realized I wasn't alone. My favorite P!nk song is:
- Just Like a Pill

And my favorite popular music song and my favorite cover of that song is:
- Me and Bobby McGee, covered by P!nk

Another fun fact, one of my brothers is a conspiracy theorist and says the "Just Like A Pill" video is a recruitment video for Satanism. I've watched it many times. Watch out, guys! For me and for the video. ;)

Whatever songs people post will remind me of them forever, according to my experience so far with other people! And any comment on mine will also be remembered forever, judging my experience so far!

Wow! :eek: I just surpised myself with that! That's a whole lotta forever! :D
September -Earth, Wind & Fire , Claude Debussy Claire de lune, Samuel Barber ( The saddest song ever written ) adagio for strings .

Chopin is one of my favorite as well, I've been learning some of his waltzes on piano this week. My favorite piece by him is Polonaise in A-flat (Op. 53).
Beethoven is amazing obviously. His symphonies are great (the 4th is an underrated one in my opinion). Also his piano sonatas and string quartets are beautiful. My favorite string quartet is the 14th one in C-sharp minor. It is timeless and has 7 movements. The first movement is very mysterious and then the second one is more joyful.

That Polonaise is my second favorite of Chopin's! I'm learning it right now!

Yes, Beethoven! Extraordinarily exciting! Passionate! Maddening! It's hard to not drive faster with his music on.:D

LOL When I read your post, I thought you meant the song, "Major Tom" as in David Bowie's "Space Oddity". I thought you meant that song seemed to be the most liked in January. How do we ever get through the world having to always figure out what people are talking about. lol Sorry @Major Tom - is that where you took your name? I do like that song. Anyhow, I read the next post and realized you meant our MajorTom. :)
I like the old stuff - Grand Funk/Mark Farner is my favorite and I'm sure everyone here knows that by now. :) Meaningful? would be "Closer to Home" because it always felt like I could relate - it felt like me in a way.

LOL When I read your post, I thought you meant the song, "Major Tom" as in David Bowie's "Space Oddity". I thought you meant that song seemed to be the most liked in January. How do we ever get through the world having to always figure out what people are talking about. lol Sorry @Major Tom - is that where you took your name? I do like that song. Anyhow, I read the next post and realized you meant our MajorTom. :)
I like the old stuff - Grand Funk/Mark Farner is my favorite and I'm sure everyone here knows that by now. :) Meaningful? would be "Closer to Home" because it always felt like I could relate - it felt like me in a way.

My brain says, "Ground control to Major Tom..." almost every time I read his name!

Ground control to major tom....is what it feels like when normals try to talk to me.....HAHAHA:):):):):):)o_O

Define "normals"?! I'm sorry but people who say us Aspies are not "normal" seriously need to shut up IMO, some of us are more "normal" than NTs IMO.

Back on topic, my music tastes are pretty "old school" to be honest,anything from the 60's, 70'a andup to about 1887 I love, from the late 80's and beyond it goes to all that pants "Euro Dance" nonsense with no lyrics or melody that dominated the early to mid 90's.

New Threads

Top Bottom