• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Music You Love

Beirut, Balmorhea, Cigarettes After Sex - since you asked for artist names specifically.

The Beatles! But specially the combo: Revolver + Sgt. Pepper's + Abbey Road, which is my go to playlist in case I feel anxious and/or sad. I listen to it over and over and over again until I feel better and it never failed me.

If I have to chose one specific song, then While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I feel like I'm in another universe when I listen to it, it's just me and the song. And also it makes me cry copiously because I love George Harrison way too much.

I'm currently obsessed with a Japanese band called Frederic, they are super fun.

I also love Green Day! They used to be my favourite when I was 13-16, got into it because of their political activism, but also Billie was indeed quite cute (and still is, he's great, they all are great). God knows how many times I watched the Bullet in a bible dvd back then, jumping and singing to all songs. Wish I could see them live =(

the song that got me into Techno.

I have no idea where this came into my life or how but I love Jazz and this song is awesome.

I ****ing love this band and those are my total fave genres

Techno Jazz and Emo/Alternative Rock.

I was gonna make a thread about what music we like and thought, "I did it! I finally thought of a topic that doesn't make me wonder if humanity is doomed!"

But then I realized the same thing must have been made a hundred times before, so I checked.

And I was right! Over and over, the same one! Of course!

But then I noticed they were all very general, with people listing what decades or genres they like. I want to know very specifically what artist and which one or two songs/pieces affected you most. Genres are confusing anyway.

Then I found that was already made too! Major Tom made it in January!

But I wasn't here in January and neither were many of you, so I didn't get intel on the people I'm familiar with.

At that point, my brain finally let me make the thread, under the condition that I pointlessly explain everything I just explained.

My favorite composers are Frederic Chopin and Charles-Valentin Alkan and my favorite pieces by them are:
- Ballade No.1 in G minor, Chopin
- Etude, Op. 35, No. 7, Alkan, "Burning Village"

I consider these to be two of humanity's greatest creations. I used to listen to the first one when I was suicidal. It sounds like God, to me.

Fun fact, having that as your favorite piece while in music school makes you basic! :rolleyes:

My favorite popular artists are Michael Jackson, P!nk, Sia, and Green Day.

Michael Jackson was the first music I ever liked, when I was a kid and tried dancing like him but wasn't at all close.

My love for Green Day is bolstered by the fact that the lead singer was insanely hot in his youth.

I started listening to P!nk when I was about sixteen, when I was very isolated and depressed, and it was the first time I fully realized I wasn't alone. My favorite P!nk song is:
- Just Like a Pill

And my favorite popular music song and my favorite cover of that song is:
- Me and Bobby McGee, covered by P!nk

Another fun fact, one of my brothers is a conspiracy theorist and says the "Just Like A Pill" video is a recruitment video for Satanism. I've watched it many times. Watch out, guys! For me and for the video. ;)

Whatever songs people post will remind me of them forever, according to my experience so far with other people! And any comment on mine will also be remembered forever, judging my experience so far!

Wow! :eek: I just surpised myself with that! That's a whole lotta forever! :D
New one! to add to the list by the Spencer Davis group'keep on running'1965

I love grunge music and anything by nirvana, Alice in chains, babes in toyland, hole and ppl like that. ( I hate Courtney tho).

my fave song atm is probably lake of fire by meatheads (but the cover by Kurt)

I love grunge music and anything by nirvana, Alice in chains, babes in toyland, hole and ppl like that. ( I hate Courtney tho).

my fave song atm is probably lake of fire by meatheads (but the cover by Kurt)
The name of the band is Meat Puppets - a favorite of mine. In Nirvana's famous appearance on MTV Unplugged, that's the Kirkwood brothers from the Meat Puppets playing with them . There's a great version of Lake of Fire.

^I first heard of it on the ost of the movie "Motorcycle Diaries" beautiful music
I, as well. I love the soundtrack. He is one of my favorite composers. If you haven't done so, already, you may enjoy listening to some of his others.

Nirvana - Drain You. (I always loved this one...typical quirky lyrics from kurdt, great loud -soft dynamics)

The Doors - Not to touch the Earth
Yeah, you have to grounding yourself in nature. Touch the Earth. I don't know if it's freeflow of electrons or something....or a placebo effect, but it's certainly calming.

New Threads

Top Bottom