• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Most expensive thing you own

Single items that are specifically mine then probably my engagement ring which cost ?450 (but I didn't buy that)

The most expensive thing I own that I bought myself was my tablet which was ?170

Other then that it's the car which cost us ?700 but we really don't care about flashy cars or anything as long as it gets us from A to B that's all that matters (we have a suzuki wagon btw).

Looking at current value and how much something devalues over time... I think my ipad as a single item. However, my guitar in general (with new picks ups and all), while it's not THAT expensive might tie a bit now, since those things don't really devalue that hard.

Gonna have to update my expensive items list:

My truck: $2700
My Firebird: $2000
My new truck tires: $1000

Are we talking collections or single items?
If collections, my LEGO collection: worth $50,000 at least (my mom is such an enabler LOL)
single item: my 2005 Hyundai at ~$10,000
followed by my computer $1500

$50,000 worth of Legos. That's amazing. ^__^

I don't like calling attention to myself. If an item is expensive because is pretentious in nature, I won't own it. You will never see me wearing a 10k watch, when the $12.99 watch gives me the time just fine. If I get something expensive, it's because it had to be expensive to perform it's function. Computer equipment for example, I'll drop big bucks on a nice video card. However, I won't spend a dime on shiny lights and decals for the case.

camera= $300
computer= $300

Accord= FREE (sorry had to throw that in)

other then that, nothing more expensive. my mom's computer was over $400

I know people who collect large collections of Bleach and One Piece in the $10k. Too many rich people.

Other than this, I think Lego collections are awesome, especially if one steps into a place where all the nice Lego bricks bring us to fantastic places all around the world... in models.

If real estate counts, then I would say my house. Otherwise, I recently purchased a rare book for $15k. That is the most I have every spent on something other than a vehicle or property but it is good investment and an important book.

If real estate counts, then I would say my house. Otherwise, I recently purchased a rare book for $15k. That is the most I have every spent on something other than a vehicle or property but it is good investment and an important book.

That is totally cool. I don't take care of stuff very well. i would never trust myself to buy a book like that. What is the name of the book?

It is entitled "Night Thoughts, or the Complaint and the Consolation" by Edward Young. It was printed in a very small editionin 1797 with 43 full page engravings by the poet and artist William Blake. It is a really amazing book. At 17" x 11" and full green leather it is a really cool book.

My dolls each around 350-700dollars apiece I have 12 of them and getting ready to order number 13. My computer was about 1000 but it was gaming laptop and big screen because of my vision impairment. My collection of books?

My last car $3200 1989 Honda Accord back in 94'
My home stereo system $1200 back when I was 15. (2 turntables,amp,equalizer,4 speakers, 2 tape decks, cd player, mixing board,reverb and mic's):D

The property on which I live....
471418_4724966494954_829872068_o.jpg

This was a warm snow. See how the trees are bending with the weight of the wet snow?

Depends on how you combine things. Individually, I suppose my computer, for which I paid a handy $1500 (if memory serves correctly). My stereo amplifier is worth around $1200, but with the various tube upgrades I've done, it's worth quite a bit more than that now, and I have to include also the various headphones, powered speakers, and other amps in my arsenal...so I suppose if you include that collectively...

And then there's my car, which, though it may have 328k miles on it and a new master cylinder, is still in excellent shape...

hmm...

Come to think... I might still be able to sell off my kidneys for a reasonable price... and some other organs of which I have 2. So that might be the stuff worth most.

(which actually makes me wonder how long it'll take until governments tell welfare recipients to sell some of their organs to generate some money, so the government doesn't have to step in for financial aid... but shhhht! don't give them any ideas. This might however be a great plot for a book or a movie... :cool: )

New Threads

Top Bottom