• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Most expensive thing you own

My homemade gaming computer.
It was an uncle, not me who built it, so I don't know the actual cost of it, but I bought 2.1 speakers and gaming keyboard and mouse for it, plus xbox 360 controller for my racing games, and so that's a buttload of money. :p

The property on which I live....
471418_4724966494954_829872068_o.jpg

This was a warm snow. See how the trees are bending with the weight of the wet snow?
I LOVE this picture, & the trees! What a beautiful view you have. Unfortunately we lost a lovely branch off one of our beautiful Crape Myrtle trees during a similar wet, heavy snow this past season.

1. Our house
2. My 10 year old car.

Edited:
0.3 . My husband
0.6. My dog

because they are both irreplacable.

Apparently it's my body.

Can't source another one and repairs cost a fortune ;)
Yep. I've just forked out for custom orthotics. Not exactly a hip replacement, but several hundred$ later I'm getting used to them, not sure how much difference they are going to make, and am probably up for a couple new sets of shoes to accommodate them.

Okay I will answer too :) .... except for the house & autos (shelter & transport) & some treasured trees I have planted, our pets. They have ALL been rescues, scruffy homeless mutts & misfits who cost not a dime to take in & are not really "owned" but "adopted" (or more likely consider themselves the owners of a few humans!), but have cost a small fortune over the years to repair & care for their assortment of injuries, disabilities, illnesses & maladies. Sometimes it feels like I am operating a nursing home for ancient animals, but that is okay. :) I do love the little creatures. Funny too, but they really seem to appreciate that they are finally safe & secure.

PS - Years ago one of my young nieces asked me why we couldn't for once get a cute little kitten or puppy instead of "an old sick cat"? (Because no one else usually wants the old sickly cat or dog. We have fostered babies though. They are fun.)

Not counting house/car, probably some piece of jewelry at a few hundred dollars.

It is entitled "Night Thoughts, or the Complaint and the Consolation" by Edward Young. It was printed in a very small editionin 1797 with 43 full page engravings by the poet and artist William Blake. It is a really amazing book. At 17" x 11" and full green leather it is a really cool book.

OMG I am soooo jealous!!! That is so cool

I would say my car, but it's my child's hearing aid, by about a grand. Thank God for good insurance.

The house, appliances, vehicles, and people aside, I would say probably my computer. $400 when I bought it seven years ago, and to be replaced in a year or so with a hand-built stronger one.

Property, Vehicles aside I would say the most expensive thing I own is my Collectables/Graphic Novel Collection currently valued at £4,000ish individuals wise it's my Recurve Bow Kit and arrows £550

Comics and music collections for me, I have actually spent way more on them than cars n stuff.

My computer and my car are about equal in value (yes, I only drive old cars). I guess my tube-powered stereo amplifier would come in as a close third.

When it worked, my gaming laptop, but now... Funny enough, it's probably my wallet. I have a relative who is financially successful and is the type of person who likes to spend for fun. He gifted it after being forced to declutter and downsize. After doing some research, it turned out to be a $400 wallet. It was brand new too.

When it worked, my gaming laptop, but now... Funny enough, it's probably my wallet. I have a relative who is financially successful and is the type of person who likes to spend for fun. He gifted it after being forced to declutter and downsize. After doing some research, it turned out to be a $400 wallet. It was brand new too.
Oh goodness, my wallet is over a decade old and falling apart. I need to get a new one... but I sure as s*** ain't payin' that kind of money for one! heh.

Currently, my laptop or camera, but things depreciate so fast ....
Soon I need to get my own car again, and that will take the lead. Unless we manage to put a deposit on a house...

Industrial sewing machines for my business.. 6 of them, most around $1K each but bought at different times as I saved up money.

After that, my dog :)

New Threads

Top Bottom