• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator and Autism

I: 100%
N: 77%
F: 75%
J: 100%
I took this MBTI at a career counselling course in 2010, I was 40 years old and new absolutely nothing about the spectrum. The water is becoming clearer.

INTP but I have also been INTJ, when I originally took the test I was a perfect mix. Probably should have put a poll at the top of the forum if you wanted more efficient results though

I am an INTP take this with a grain of salt like IQ may overly simple. here is an existing pool on this thread somewhere if I remember INTP most common.

what's super interesting is i used to take this and i would always receive the personality type "INFJ." i took the time to take the test from the link and ended up getting ISTJ.
introverted: 90%
observant: 57%
feeling: 54%
judging: 100%
turbulent 79%
the more you know i suppose! :)

Every single time, I get ENFP "campaigner." I see that I'm pretty much the only extrovert in this thread o_O
I would probably classify myself as an "extreme extrovert." Which probably explains a lot about how I interact on here, lol. I'm often described as "charismatic" and "bubbly" by people I meet irl.

I walk a fine line between being super extroverted and gregarious, and not wanting anyone to get too close to me on a personal level. I guess I'm more comfortable with having a ton of "surface level" friends and acquaintances that I can hang out with and attend social events with and talk to about more basic stuff, that I may have some shared interests with... and a few special people that I let into my "inner circle" that I can really trust and rely on, and may have a deeper connection with in terms of interests, hobbies, experiences, and lifestyle.
In my year of being on this forum so far, I have actually found more people that I have deeper connections with, than people who are just "fun to chat with." That wasn't really my intention with coming here in the first place, but I'm grateful for those people and that's what makes me want to stay.

But I always end up being the life of the party irl, whether I like it or not, and sometimes I really don't like it and don't want it. Sometimes I feel like being more introverted would make my life less chaotic.

I recently took the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) found at Free personality test | 16Personalities and I got the result of INTJ. Being someone with Asperger's I was wondering if the percentage of INT personalities was higher on the spectrum as opposed to people not on the spectrum. If you know your type then plese respond. If you don't you can take a free test at Free personality test | 16Personalities which takes about 14 minutes.
INTJ-A. Have taken different versions of the test and it keeps coming up the same. Kind of like how I kept getting sorted into Gryffindor.

ISTJ here. However anecdotal, judging from these posts there does seem like there is at least some commonality. In a general sense I don't know how useful those personality tests are but I found it fun when I did it.

I got INFJ on a formal MBTI test years ago, through the "I" was the only decisive point, the other three were all kind of fuzzy (e.g. 50-60%).

Just took an two different online short form and came up with
1) ISTP, though again with the last three being fuzzy
2) INTJ, with only the second point (N) being fuzzy

Part of the problem with variations in results is how the questions are worded.
Do I like museums in general? Yes. Do I like art museums? Not really.

I took the test didn't score very well had trouble with the questions couldn't get a grip on some of them.

INTJ-T . I've taken it several times and get this consistently.
Introvert 64%
Intuitive 56%
thinking 54%
Judging65%
Turbulent 68%
I'm pretty neutral, falling in the 50s and 60s on all the traits. Because of this I would probably have a more similar personality to other people wh are in the 50s on all their traits, even if they technically have a different type than me. I would have less in common with another intj who is in the 90s on everything.

I recently took the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) found at Free personality test | 16Personalities and I got the result of INTJ. Being someone with Asperger's I was wondering if the percentage of INT personalities was higher on the spectrum as opposed to people not on the spectrum. If you know your type then plese respond. If you don't you can take a free test at Free personality test | 16Personalities which takes about 14 minutes.
I always get INFJ

New Threads

Top Bottom