• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator and Autism

Most conventional MBTI tests, including the 16personalities test, are dichotomy-related, rather than Cognitive Function-related. On the former, I always test as an INFJ. However, by Cognitive Functions, I'm more likely an INFP.

I'm better described by Socionics' EII type, also known as its INFj.

I think autistic people tend to choose personalities such as introversion that work well with their desire to be autistic. For example, I chose a very introverted personality when I was younger to avoid problems I had dealing with people but after I gave up the autistic position and understand people much better, I've since chosen an extroverted personality. My current personality is much different than my earlier personalities.

INTJ-A myself. I think, it is a natural coincidence that Architect type and Aspy traits overlap, so yes much higher % of community should be within INTJ.

Ive taken these multiple times on multiple sites at various times in my life and always get INTJ. My son who is also an Aspie gets INFJ

I the main thing that attracted me to the Meyers- Briggs Is the similarity with the CIE colour measurement system. a lot of parallels.

I recently took the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) found at Free personality test | 16Personalities and I got the result of INTJ. Being someone with Asperger's I was wondering if the percentage of INT personalities was higher on the spectrum as opposed to people not on the spectrum. If you know your type then plese respond. If you don't you can take a free test at Free personality test | 16Personalities which takes about 14 minutes.
I've taken the test twice over a 7-8 year period. I scored INFJ, with almost the exact percentages both times

INFJ-T “Advocate”

I: 100%
N: 62%
F: 75%
J: 78%
T: 88%

Feels a bit more firmly set as such these days, though my results still vary between one test and another depending on exactly what the questions/statements are. Description’s very accurate, even though communication issues and isolation (and resulting lack of exposure to many sorts of situations) keep it from showing that much.

New Threads

Top Bottom