• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Men: What is your definition of a "nice" lady?

It would be very hard for me to accurately describe my wife here. She is so much to me and our family, she is just beyond description. She is a NT, but she understands my weirdness very well. We not only love each other, but we depend on each other and need each other as well. She will actually put my needs ahead of her own. Her love is unconditional. She is a wonderful wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother. She is everything to me. That is what I think a nice lady is.

A woman that one would consider old fashioned. A woman whom is nice, caring, loyal, loving. A woman who doesn't nag, or try to manipulate their significant other. A woman who care about their partners needs, all needs including sexual ones. A woman who sticks by even during the hard times.

I think it's easier to find the lost city of Atlantis than find a woman here with the qualities that I have described.

I think it's easier to find the lost city of Atlantis than find a woman here with the qualities that I have described.

Are you saying you don't think much of the ladies here? Or, by "here" do you mean where you live? Sorry ... the old Aspie "literalism" just kicked in. :p

A woman that one would consider old fashioned. A woman whom is nice, caring, loyal, loving. A woman who doesn't nag, or try to manipulate their significant other. A woman who care about their partners needs, all needs including sexual ones. A woman who sticks by even during the hard times.

I think I qualify in every area except "nice." I would not say I'm a "nice" person. Possibly "kind," possibly "friendly," but not "nice." I'm far too opinionated and mouthy to ever be considered "nice."

What I'm curious about, though, is the "nagging" part. Could you elaborate on what exactly constitutes "nagging" as opposed to "reminding" or just being worried about a particular situation? Also, what do you see as "manipulation?" I'm quite well aware women tend to do these things, and some are quite blatant about it, but I'm concerned about the more subtle forms of those behaviors that men find annoying.

Last edited:
It would be very hard for me to accurately describe my wife here. She is so much to me and our family, she is just beyond description. She is a NT, but she understands my weirdness very well. We not only love each other, but we depend on each other and need each other as well. She will actually put my needs ahead of her own. Her love is unconditional. She is a wonderful wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother. She is everything to me. That is what I think a nice lady is.

She's a lucky lady to have such a nice guy for a husband too! ;)

I'm sure you qualify as a nice lady too, being mouthy and opinioned does not disqualify you from being a nice lady. Although being a man would probably disqualify someone from being a nice lady.:p

I think I qualify in every area except "nice." I would not say I'm a "nice" person. Possibly "kind," possibly "friendly," but not "nice." I'm far too opinionated and mouthy to ever be considered "nice."

What I'm curious about, though, is the "nagging" part. Could you elaborate on what exactly constitutes "nagging" as opposed to "reminding" or just being worried about a particular situation? Also, what do you see as "manipulation." I'm quite well aware women tend to do these things, and some are quite blatant about it, but I'm concerned about the more subtle forms of those behaviors that men find annoying.

I've turned the tables. Guys, it's your turn to establish what you consider girlfriend/wife worthy?
A pretty face like yours (which looks like it's about to giggle in your photo) or some variation of that (as their are many nice looking faces out their). Certainly there are a few physical features I'd be turned on by but as this seemed to imply personality aspects I'll stick with those (except to say that a nice indian style smile always make for a friendly lady). Loyalty, understanding, willing to give something or someone a chance, strong opinions, good listening skills.

A woman who care about their partners needs, all needs including sexual ones.
Nope...no using the word 'sexual' in this family friendly forum lol.

Oh I think we found it a few years back. Besides here is one of the few likely places you'll find that as it'll come from like-minded women. It's just a question of whether or not they're single or too unnerved by love or face to face contact.

You seriously just look like a councillor or a therapist by profession.

A pretty face like yours (which looks like it's about to giggle in your photo) or some variation of that (as their are many nice looking faces out their). Certainly there are a few physical features I'd be turned on by but as this seemed to imply personality aspects I'll stick with those (except to say that a nice indian style smile always make for a friendly lady). Loyalty, understanding, willing to give something or someone a chance, strong opinions, good listening skills.

Oh I think we found it a few years back. Besides here is one of the few likely places you'll find that as it'll come from like-minded women. It's just a question of whether or not they're single or too unnerved by love or face to face contact.

The_Hopeless_Aspie_Guy you make me laugh. Thanks for the compliment,too.

The Wife of Noble Character

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.

She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.

She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.

She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
Yes, the proverbs 31 woman...does she exist today?

What I'm curious about, though, is the "nagging" part. Could you elaborate on what exactly constitutes "nagging" as opposed to "reminding" or just being worried about a particular situation? Also, what do you see as "manipulation?" I'm quite well aware women tend to do these things, and some are quite blatant about it, but I'm concerned about the more subtle forms of those behaviors that men find annoying.
When I state "nice", I mean nice relative to me. Talking to me with a sweet voice, rarely raising her tone, ect.

Nagging as in bringing up past failures and harping on them. Manipulation as in trying to use you for money, or trying to use you in general. Trying to manipulate you to be less healthy, or less fit so that you are on a similar level to them health-wise. Not wanting you to get stronger, because they're intimidated by you and rather have you be weak, or if not weak very average in terms of strength.

I was referring to women in my state, not this forum. In terms of it being related to not approaching women, or not talking to them; that is not the case. I have talked to women in college and other places and things never workout. Either we have nothing in common, they are social marxists, or they simply stop talking to me. Also, since I live in Baltimore there are A LOT of drug addicts. The only place I can find women to talk to is college and like I said, our ideologies are often vastly different. For example, I despise Marxism. It is very hard, almost impossible to find a woman here who isn't a hardcore progressive leftest. On top of that, most of the women in their 20s and 30s here are polygamous. Sorry, but I don't want to kiss a woman after she's done things to another dude.

Nagging as in bringing up past failures and harping on them. Manipulation as in trying to use you for money, or trying to use you in general. Trying to manipulate you to be less healthy, or less fit so that you are on a similar level to them health-wise. Not wanting you to get stronger, because they're intimidated by you and rather have you be weak, or if not weak very average in terms of strength.
Nagging is a problem from both sides. Men nag about, not being as competitive as they are. I am not competing against anyone but myself to improve my well being and peace of mind. Nag, nag, nag...YOU SPENT HOW MUCH? or WHY CAN'T YOU ACT LIKE MY EX? Both men AND women put a lot of undue stress on one another. Always complaining I don't give you enough sex?? Well,maybe instead of demanding things like, "Suck my ___", they could kiss you like they love you and not be in a hurry to get 'off'. We truly just need to respect one another and communicate in a calm manner. No one likes being screamed at. And to throw past failures in another's face is not healthy or helpful to either side. You reap what you sow.

New Threads

Top Bottom