• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Make-up.

Emor

Does anyone wear it?
I used to put it on when I was younger(like 7) for the lulz. I've never really bothered with it tbh, after that.
People at school have actually offered to give me a make-over(o_O), but I always said no.
I don't really see the point tbh. It never looked very attractive to me, I don't want to get in relationship, or be attractive, to any guys, or gils, that are in my area, so it's like, point? If people judge superficially, I don't think I really want to be affiliated with them anyway.
And wearing make-up wouldn't be a confidence booster for me, I'd be constantly worrying if I ****ed up on it, and thinking how stupid I looked, etc.
Yeah. I'm cool with people who wear it or w.e.
I was just wondering.
On WP a while ago there was a pole and it turned out quite a lot of people on the spectrum wore it. IDK if it was more or less. I was rather surprised. Was wondering if it'd be the same here.
EMZ=]

I didn't used to bother and then I got into fashion so I just started wearing it. I don't wear that much to be fair, not like some girls. I don't like going out without any on, but I can go out looking like I don't have any on (I just put some foundation on and that's it).

Hey, what you two said applies to me!

I just got some new black eyeshadow the other day... hope I know how to put it on without looking like I have two black eyes.

My brother knows loads about make-up and stuff like that so I'd just ask him tbh.
Or my sister. IDK about her. She's 11 xD.
EMZ=]

Does your brother have that kind of job? Or does he just like doing his girlfriends' makeup to prepare them for his video advertisements of them to his customers??

I thought this was about stopping the arguing :lol:

:/ its pretty weird when girls under like 13-14 are wearing make up. They're still kids, they have all their lives to do it.

I didn't wear any makeup or experiment with it until I was like..15.

@Ana54: Black eyeshadow is really hard to put on, you need to get some grey and white eyeshadow too so that you can apply the white all over the lid and up to the brow and the grey over the lid and blend it with your finger a little above the lid area and then do the black at the outside edge of the lid and blend it over the rest of the lid and a bit into the grey. It's really difficult to tell you how to do it without showing you lol. Just experiment with it!

I have some very light gray that came with it... I have a little thing with like 4 shades... almost white, gray, almost black, and black. I also have some more black that has a little sparkling green stuff in it.

I rarely experimented with makeup too. For my first batch of self portraits that I made, some of which I posted on WP, I preferred to have nothing on but one or two things that could get washed, like a piece of clothing and a hair accessory that was thoroughly washable and I had to have just showered... something about keeping it simple and not full of stuff, even grub or grime, and the background had to be a white wall. With others, I load myself with matching stuff... makeup, layers of clothes, matching accessories, experimental hair styles, whatever.

Does your brother have that kind of job? Or does he just like doing his girlfriends' makeup to prepare them for his video advertisements of them to his customers??
Lol?
My brother's really interested in fashion and stuff like that, and most of his friends are girls so I'm guessing he picked it up.
My brother's currently single but his past girlfriends he probably did do their make-up.
EMZ=]

I admit, despite being a guy I HAVE tried makeup. It itches way too much to me. Anything that is rubbed into me itches. Even savlon, I'll put it on and try and try and try to put up with it but give up within 5 minutes and wash it all off.

Vapour rub is murderous, seriously.

Blusher ? Urgh.

Pen ? Urgh

URGH

Lol

It took a lot of pushing from my mom to get me to wear make-up, but I still usually only wear it if I have job interviews or dates. Even when I have clinic and I need to dress professionally, I tend to avoid wearing make-up, or I just forget. I like how it makes me look, but I just don't have time most of the time.

Also, my sisters, who are all 4-7 years younger than me, all had to teach me how to put on make-up. I didn't have a clue how to apply any of it until they went through step-by-step.

A lot of the time I don't even remember to brush my hair when going out on the weekends. I'm with you on it being too time-consuming.
EMZ=]

I didn't wear any makeup or experiment with it until I was like..15.

Oh, really? Then I feel very privellidged that you broke it out just for the days when you saw me. :p :rolleyes:

I'll go hide now...

Oh, really? Then I feel very privellidged that you broke it out just for the days when you saw me. :p :rolleyes:

I'll go hide now...
Broke it out lol.

Erm. Well I was going on the fact that my memory is ****, and that I know I didn't wear it at Oaks in school but I did at Elizabethan. So...meh. Iunno.

13 then. 14?

I thought this was girls only, Chris. :p

I don't wear make up except for very formal occasions (think like.. prom.) My mom is cruel about it. "Some people are pretty enough to walk around without make up, but you're not one of them." And other generally patronizing comments implying I am childish. It feels yucky on my face and it freaks me out when I look in the mirror and I don't look like myself. But I am thinking I am going to start trying very natural make up, just because I am getting older now and I need to refine my look a little but for work and stuff. But now I am so old that it's expected I be a pro at putting on my make up, and I don't know how, and there's no one to show me that won't make fun of me. :( I tried to just look at youtube but I don't know what products to get and I don't know how to tell if the youtube person knows what they're doing. So sad. :(

It is, but making it literally 'girls only' isn't really possible.

Maybe something I could look into... hmm.

Well I was joking, I don't mind. If you wanted to make it girls only you could make the single sex forums password protected and distribute only one password to each person, I've seen that done in the past. At least for now I don't think it matters, but when you get a bigger crowd it may help limit the creeper factor.

Distributing a password to every female member could become quite a task when we grow. :p

Ah well, it's fine for the moment I think. :)

Well, it's not as bad as you would think, they'd have to PM a mod to get it if they wanted it, and I imagine as you grow you'll have more moderators. I had a forum with 4,000 people once and we managed without any difficulty at all. But I agree, it's totally fine right now.

New Threads

Top Bottom