• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

LOW SPOON/ENERGY DAYS?!

trustwaves

REALLY need advise on how to cope with low spoon/Energy days, whether it's social exhaustion/ burn out etc.
How do you cope?? My sensitivities will be higher so I won't want to eat, I won't be able to do anything accept easy things like watching a film and napping
How do you cope with the change of routines? ( eating, sleeping, not being as productive, higher sensitivities)
My brain will ALWAYS force me to eat food that I don't feel able to, do things that I don't feel able to and it makes me feel really low. Any advice would be VERY much appreciated
Soph xxxx

I use my Brainwaves app to calm down my brain. I like the Reduce Anxiety program.

I am alone in a room reading or doing a game, something that does not require any effort.

I take pregnenolone to help with stress.

I eat one meal a day to giv my digestion a break.

Deep breathing.

I keep comfort foods on hand, and that includes chocolate. I'll manage most of the time to eat mac&cheese, mash potatoes, pudding. I've never really figured out how to handle it well, it's so frustrating. I feel like I waste too much time.

I was wondering what in the world is low spoons? But I am now wiki-certified on at least the definition of the theory.

For me it really helps first to understand the reason, that is what is causing it. Are there medical issues, does something have to be done, etc. Once I know I am doing what can be done, then it is a matter of accepting, adjusting to it and making a new routine around it. It can even be enjoyable if you put your mind to it.

I had to shift from being very active, sleeping 4-6 hrs a night to the very opposite after developing a fatigue making illness.

There's lots of options and it is something you will have to tailor. But as examples I use dogs (They are always up for napping) audio books and rest writing. Rest writing is writing stories in my head while I rest.

I've had this, I just tend to push myself to do things I enjoy or also tell myself that I have to do a certain thing.

On days like that I tend to stay indoors and do things that don't need much energy and concentration. I have to make myself do the daily chores.

I put everything back in its place and then, nap. My husband says that the following day, I am as though mentally dead and when I have adventerously organised two days on the trot for something, he quickly reminds me that I won't cope and sadly he is right!

Yesterday, I worked late morning to late afternoon. 4hrs of cleaning and today, I had to clean my own home and so, just took it one step at a time.

My husband very kindly did his own lunch pack this morning, which enabled me to sleep a bit longer.

I am pretty organised person and so, if anything is out of place etc, I panic.

I dont know how to manage that neither. The only difference for me is that I may eat too much and feel even more tired after that.

New Threads

Top Bottom