• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Leonard Cohen on his way out

Myrtonos

In light of a number of threads about celebrities shortly after being deceased. I thought I would start one on Leonard Cohen, because many have worried about his health. See this news article. He gives sign that his life is coming to an end.

*Official website
*Leonard Cohen files

Our bodies are falling apart and I'll think I'll follow you very soon.

As I approach the end of my life, I have even less and less interest in examining what have got to be very superficial evaluations or opinions about the significance of one’s life or one’s work. I was never given to it when I was healthy, and I am less given to it now.

So long Leonard Cohen.

However there is room for positivity in this thread because he has a son, Adam, who is also a singer/songwriter.

Last edited:
Many readers here will remember covers of his song Hallelujah. Best known version is that by Jeff Buckley.

Last edited:
A Lenoard Cohen tribute concert is scheduled on the 27th of January next year in Brooklyn, New York.

According to the article linked to in the first post:

Cohen has unpublished poems to arrange, unfinished lyrics to finish and record or publish. He’s considering doing a book in which poems, like pages of the Talmud, are surrounded by passages of interpretation.

He himeself said “I don’t think I’ll be able to finish those songs. Maybe, who knows? And maybe I’ll get a second wind, I don’t know. But I don’t dare attach myself to a spiritual strategy. I don’t dare do that. I’ve got some work to do. Take care of business. I am ready to die. I hope it’s not too uncomfortable. That’s about it for me.”

Might anyone, such as Adam Cohen, be able to finish them in time for the tribute concert?

New Threads

Top Bottom