• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Learning to be Emotionally Intelligent

Wowie-kazowie, I am impressed. Excellent use of body language, eye contact, cadence, everything really. If I didn't have crappy internet, I'd take his live course in a heartbeat. Every point he made is dead-on. I especially like how he didn't discount outward appearance as being important in the process.

If you've got $50 AUD in your pocket and the ability to take a live web course, I'd say there's probably no better way to spend that money. This guy knows what he's doing.

Wowie-kazowie, I am impressed. Excellent use of body language, eye contact, cadence, everything really. If I didn't have crappy internet, I'd take his live course in a heartbeat. Every point he made is dead-on. I especially like how he didn't discount outward appearance as being important in the process.

If you've got $50 AUD in your pocket and the ability to take a live web course, I'd say there's probably no better way to spend that money. This guy knows what he's doing.

So pleased you liked it ! Wasn't quite sure how people would react but you can go to his you tube and Facebook sites and see a lot more good stuff. He's a very responsive person and will surely respond to comments emails etc. Really nice guy.

This was done by Paul who teaches the course I posted.

This guy is very impressive. I can sort of trust (I hope) that he has lived this... To me this makes him much more of an "expert" than some book smart person who basically is a human parrot.

I will be checking lots more of this guy out... I subscribed to his channel.
He hit on many of the very points we are hashing out in different posts right here, right now.

I have to be totally honest, in that he seems to be much less effected by ASD than I am.
However, I will watch his past videos and learn more.

Meanwhile I will get me some dredlocks since that is what turned his life around... I am only kidding of course... I would go insane having long hair period, much less hair that looks like rope... Its very COOL, and I even like it, but not on me...

Thank you for posting this... In all seriousness I am very interested in it...

This guy is very impressive. I can sort of trust (I hope) that he has lived this... To me this makes him much more of an "expert" than some book smart person who basically is a human parrot.

I will be checking lots more of this guy out... I subscribed to his channel.
He hit on many of the very points we are hashing out in different posts right here, right now.

I have to be totally honest, in that he seems to be much less effected by ASD than I am.
However, I will watch his past videos and learn more.

Meanwhile I will get me some dredlocks since that is what turned his life around... I am only kidding of course... I would go insane having long hair period, much less hair that looks like rope... Its very COOL, and I even like it, but not on me...

Thank you for posting this... In all seriousness I am very interested in it...

Check out his You Tube videos- he has very much lived ASD. I think he is the genuine article or I would never have posted it on here.

OMG! This guy is bang on. I wonder if he is a secret member here. He would fit right in. Here is my fav vid by him!!

Too funny, Re: The dreadlocks...

I remember in high school for some reason always wanting to have long hair, and not being a big fan of short hair (I'm a guy), as long as I was in public school my dad wouldn't let me, but now for most of my adult life I've been a guy with long hair and don't care what people think, I have always had trouble explaining why I prefer long hair to anyone who asks, even though most guys have short hair... And I won't be cutting my hair short anytime soon! :)

I like long hair on guys.
Thumbs up on that, Sherlock.

This guy seems like he's been through it in real life.
The expending energy and feeling like people are a school of fish just passing around then taking off, I certainly relate to. I called them 'trees', for all the good they did being around me.

If they are there for each other when another needs help seems surprising.
I always thought that was just human nature.
Like the old "How are you doing today?" greeting
which means nothing because if you started telling them they would just swim away or be as caring as a tree in front of you.

I'll watch some more of his videos and see what I think.
Thanks for the post.

This was done by Paul who teaches the course I posted.

Thanks Lucy.... You claim your NT, but you seem to have a lot of insight into how we think and you are patient and kind to us ALWAYS... I just wanted you to know that means a lot to me. I try very hard to stay away from the NT/ND mini-wars that seem to pop up from time to time. They are very real and most always relevant, but I never know what to say mostly without just exposing that I am an ASD jerk at times.

If all NT's were as patient as you are with us... and tried to understand us instead of change us into false NT's... It could be a much easier life for everyone.

I like this guy you have posted for us. I have been watching his videos. He does seem to be a little higher functioning than I am (in some ways) but thats cool. Like him, I love to learn. I study people all the time, so maybe I can make some new neural connections at some point from this... There is only one way to find out, and that is to try always to find what works, and learn from what maybe don't work.

Thanks again for all you do... : )

Thanks Lucy.... You claim your NT, but you seem to have a lot of insight into how we think and you are patient and kind to us ALWAYS... I just wanted you to know that means a lot to me. I try very hard to stay away from the NT/ND mini-wars that seem to pop up from time to time. They are very real and most always relevant, but I never know what to say mostly without just exposing that I am an ASD jerk at times.

If all NT's were as patient as you are with us... and tried to understand us instead of change us into false NT's... It could be a much easier life for everyone.

I like this guy you have posted for us. I have been watching his videos. He does seem to be a little higher functioning than I am (in some ways) but thats cool. Like him, I love to learn. I study people all the time, so maybe I can make some new neural connections at some point from this... There is only one way to find out, and that is to try always to find what works, and learn from what maybe don't work.

Thanks again for all you do... : )

Aaaww Chance, your post made me cry. Thank you so much.

UPDATE:
Hi Everyone,
Paul is running an introduction to EQ this Saturday (Friday evening for U.S.A.).
It's FREE and easy to join from any computer.
1f642.png
:)
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/ e/how-to-learn-emotional- intelligence-free-interactive- webinar-tickets-42166541260
If you've been thinking about the 4 week course this is a great way to get a quick taster!

I finally convinced myself to sign up.
One situation I am trying to grasp (I'm looking it up online)
I didn't see a conversion chart from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm AEDT ... I need to know what time that is CMST time in USA. I'm looking that up now...

Woops Chance, I think that's the time fopr the next course not the free webinar- I can find out for you.
I will go back and re-read email... I'm finally about to crash... so its possible I misread it : )

New Threads

Top Bottom