• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Learning to be Emotionally Intelligent

It's at 9:00pm Eastern time Friday night in USA per Paul. So if you're in mountain time I think that would be 7:00pm. Don't know what time zone you're in in US.

Last edited:
Okay.... My head is turned to mush... Yes I was closer the first time.
I am just gonna be quiet now... Geez : )

My information said 9 PM in New York... I'm in MST time zone which should mean 7 PM if I'm not mistaken...

I have to be totally honest... I came in late from work yesterday, I took a shower, fell asleep when I woke back up it was too late... I'm kind of upset with myself over it.

Long day today also... trying to sleep now, but this time its not about fear of sleeping... Have a really big (not under control) wildfire south/west of here about 30 miles... It started in another county and they lost control of it, now we are dealing with it and much of it is down in the canyons and they cant get the trucks or maintainers down in there so it has to burn back up into open land (not good).

Winds are supposed to be from the west tomorrow at 50+ mph... Right now they are out of the south... I have been cutting fire breaks at the fence lines all afternoon and evening hoping it will not turn this direction and they can shut it down. I think we have enough cleared that we can cut it off if it comes this way. Blowing embers is what worries me most. I'm really tired but kind of worried. I have scanner and fire radio but they are talking so much... I want to turn it off, but worried if I do.

I am sorry I missed it... I hope I can catch it again soon, or he will run a pod cast on it. I have fell asleep like 3 times to get this out... Time to crash again, for a little bit. : )

Last edited:
Oh my goodness Chance. You didn't need to try and keep awake to answer me! The fires stuff sounds pretty scary- hope you and your place stay safe.
I will send you some links for his videos- there's a lot to get out of them and you can watch at your leisure without any pressure. Plus he'll probably do more freebies.

I have to be totally honest... I came in late from work yesterday, I took a shower, fell asleep when I woke back up it was too late... I'm kind of upset with myself over it.

Long day today also... trying to sleep now, but this time its not about fear of sleeping... Have a really big (not under control) wildfire south/west of here about 30 miles... It started in another county and they lost control of it, now we are dealing with it and much of it is down in the canyons and they cant get the trucks or maintainers down in there so it has to burn back up into open land (not good).

Winds are supposed to be from the west tomorrow at 50+ mph... Right now they are out of the south... I have been cutting fire breaks at the fence lines all afternoon and evening hoping it will not turn this direction and they can shut it down. I think we have enough cleared that we can cut it off if it comes this way. Blowing embers is what worries me most. I'm really tired but kind of worried. I have scanner and fire radio but they are talking so much... I want to turn it off, but worried if I do.

I am sorry I missed it... I hope I can catch it again soon, or he will run a pod cast on it. I have fell asleep like 3 times to get this out... Time to crash again, for a little bit. : )

That sounds sounds really dangerous Chance, I hope everything goes well for you and you stay safe.

OK Chance, here's a You Tube link to his videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-FpBZR7DbpvNj5UrFN8qUA/videos

Actually he's such a nice guy if you email him he'll probably send you a copy of the free webinar if he recorded it. Just explain you were fighting forest fire and had to miss it! But I think you can also get a lot out of his videos as well.

That sounds sounds really dangerous Chance, I hope everything goes well for you and you stay safe.

The fires are still raging down in the canyons... Winds are insane right now. About noon I was getting really worried and was running back and forth spotting for the guys... They were trying to protect some farm homes and there was not enough trucks of people to fight how it branched off...

The big problem was going so far to fill up trucks... Now they have forrest service tankers so thats a big help and some really big dozers and maintainers just plowing up land like it is nothing. Amazing huge powerful machines...

Last I heard we have 5 county fire departments fighting it and the Forrest Service made it in about about 6am this morning. So far no loss of life or homes. I think its about 60% contained and just rolling across vast ranch lands so damage is mainly to fences so far. I think the worst is over at this point. They are cutting lines so at some point it has to shut down... It is all quite north and west of me, so no more deep worries... : )

Sorry for the delay, been busy since then... I did participate... It was good but I had a feeling he was rushing to make all his points, the problem with an interactive webinar... He made some good points, someone I have corresponded with after the fact felt that it was too corporate (perhaps self help)... The book he quoted for reference is a book written for business purposes and motivation type stuff... I haven't had much experience with self help, maybe she has...

Sorry for the delay, been busy since then... I did participate... It was good but I had a feeling he was rushing to make all his points, the problem with an interactive webinar... He made some good points, someone I have corresponded with after the fact felt that it was too corporate (perhaps self help)... The book he quoted for reference is a book written for business purposes and motivation type stuff... I haven't had much experience with self help, maybe she has...

Thanks, interesting. Wonder if he was trying too hard to get stuff in. Anyway thanks for responding.

The fires are still raging down in the canyons... Winds are insane right now. About noon I was getting really worried and was running back and forth spotting for the guys... They were trying to protect some farm homes and there was not enough trucks of people to fight how it branched off...

The big problem was going so far to fill up trucks... Now they have forrest service tankers so thats a big help and some really big dozers and maintainers just plowing up land like it is nothing. Amazing huge powerful machines...

Last I heard we have 5 county fire departments fighting it and the Forrest Service made it in about about 6am this morning. So far no loss of life or homes. I think its about 60% contained and just rolling across vast ranch lands so damage is mainly to fences so far. I think the worst is over at this point. They are cutting lines so at some point it has to shut down... It is all quite north and west of me, so no more deep worries... : )

How are things today, is the fire still burning or is it safe to go out now? What you described as running around in insane winds, with fire raging and huge machines tearing up the land would be totally overwhelming for me, that's the stuff of nightmares! I hope you kept safe.

Agree with Starfire- sounds like you dealt with a lot of stuff that would be overwhelming for anyone let alone someone with Aspergers. Good on you!

@LucyPurrs Sorry Lucy, I've just realised that I've taken your thread off on a tangent. That wasn't my intention so I'll PM Chance about his awful situation from now. I wasn't thinking properly I was just imagining how utterly terrified I would have been in the same situation.

@LucyPurrs Sorry Lucy, I've just realised that I've taken your thread off on a tangent. That wasn't my intention so I'll PM Chance about his awful situation from now. I wasn't thinking properly I was just imagining how utterly terrified I would have been in the same situation.
no problem at all, I was worried too.

New Threads

Top Bottom