• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last thing that made you think or say"WTH?!"

Oreo released two new flavors of cookies for customers in China.

Hot Chicken Wings and Wasabi.

Had a definite WTH moment here when I read that.:eek:

Okay so I was messing around with my twisty puzzles today. Think Rubik's Cube, but much harder (There's certain specific ones that are a bit easier, but by far the vast majority are alot harder) & more complicated, and that sums them up. I have lots of different ones and have solved the majority of them. The normal Rubik's Cube, as in the original, presents no challenge anymore. It's outright easy now. Easy, I tell you.

Now, I've got some very strange puzzles in my collection. The sort of puzzle that tends to be the weirdest is what are known as shapeshifters. They do, in fact, change shape wildly as they are scrambled, and keep doing that the whole time you're trying to solve them. The difficulty can be very deceptive. Sometimes a shapeshifting puzzle is very intimidating but actually fairly easy (well, comparatively... these are still mostly harder than the normal Rubik's Cube).

As an example, we have this:

brand-new-dayan-gem-cube-8-color-stickerless.jpg

That is a Dayan Gem. When completely scrambled, it does this:

NbfDTuQ.jpg

It turns into... whatever that is. A colorful, jagged mess that frankly looks like it's broken. Pieces jutting out in abnormal directions, many pieces outright blocking others from being able to move. Yet this is actually one of the easier puzzles in my collection... I didnt really have too much trouble with it, but the solve takes awhile.

So today, I'm looking at my collection, and I spot "The Barrel". One of the extra expensive ones I have... I've always been afraid to scramble it. But I figure... you know what, at this point, I think I can handle this. And it's just not as complicated as many others. Nowhere near as many pieces as most shapeshifters, in particular.

The barrel, when solved, looks like this:

barrel.jpg

So then, I scrambled it:

barrel2.jpg

So... okay, that's already even more confusing than normal. When you've got any puzzle that's just ONE color, that tends to be an issue, which I always forget until I've already started.

But then as I'm messing with it, I suddenly realize... not only does it not quite turn in the way I expected, but the "solved" state isnt fully capable of turning. You have to twist it, right down that bisecting line in the first image, before the other lines will line up, allowing full mobility. In other words, the true "solved" state is still an "unsolved" state and it essentially triples the visual confusion of whatever is going on here.

So... yeah. I thought I was ready for this crazy thing, but once I had already scrambled it... I had a "WTF okay this isnt going how I thought it would" moment.

Wouldnt be the first time... really, these puzzles just continue to surprise me even after having done so many. Moral of the story is, never underestimate the bloody things.

My carer and I attended a Circus this lunch time, which I saw advertised on Facebook last week and booked online, anyway we went and it was a decent show apart from it wasn't long enough IMO, the show started at 12.30, and including a 15 minute break it was all done by 2 PM for the next show at 3 PM, I was expecting a 2 hour show with a short interval for £10 each for the tickets.

And then when we came out of the "Big Top", I was bursting for a wee after drinking a can of Diet coke, went in a disabled "Port a Loo", and I was like, what? I've seen more hygienic Council run Toilets in Town! However I was desperate, and when you gotta go you have to go, so I used it.

I was in Sainsbury's in Town buying Lottery tickets this afternoon, I spoke very clearly (well as clear as a guy can when he speaks in broad Yorkshire) and asked for "A 3 number 'Hot Pick" on Euro Millions, and 1 3 number 'Hot Pick" each for Wednesday and Saturday on the main draws", assistant didn't understand so she charged me £5.50 for 3 tickets, I'm like "Hang on, I wanted 3 'Hot Picks", they're £1.50 each so that's 4 and half quid!"

Is it just me or do people just not understand someone who doesn't speak the Queen's English? I can't deal with non UK call centres either due to the annoying "Language Barrier" due to my strong local accent.

I was in Sainsbury's in Town buying Lottery tickets this afternoon, I spoke very clearly (well as clear as a guy can when he speaks in broad Yorkshire) and asked for "A 3 number 'Hot Pick" on Euro Millions, and 1 3 number 'Hot Pick" each for Wednesday and Saturday on the main draws", assistant didn't understand so she charged me £5.50 for 3 tickets, I'm like "Hang on, I wanted 3 'Hot Picks", they're £1.50 each so that's 4 and half quid!"

Is it just me or do people just not understand someone who doesn't speak the Queen's English? I can't deal with non UK call centres either due to the annoying "Language Barrier" due to my strong local accent.
I have to deal with this kind of thing all the time. I'm living in a foreign country speaking a foreign language with an accent, and although I do my best to speak clearly, with grammatically correct sentences, I still get people who don't, or won't, understand me. I get people telling me that I don't speak the language well, because I speak with an accent, when actually I have an advanced level certificate in the language and probably have better grammar and spelling than they do. I get people saying that I don't understand before I even spoke a single word, because of their prejudice that anyone looking like me can't speak the language.

There's this YouTuber called Mario the Vigilant Christian, who has videos claiming EVERYTHING is satanic and from the Illuminati. Cartoon Network, Disney, Pokemon Go, and even yoga. Yes, doing yoga will immediately send you to hell, according to this guy. Also every celebrity that has died in the past decade, like Robin Williams, is supposed to have been murdered by the Illuminati.

There's this YouTuber called Mario the Vigilant Christian, who has videos claiming EVERYTHING is satanic and from the Illuminati. Cartoon Network, Disney, Pokemon Go, and even yoga. Yes, doing yoga will immediately send you to hell, according to this guy. Also every celebrity that has died in the past decade, like Robin Williams, is supposed to have been murdered by the Illuminati.

The guy is clearly an idiot.

Ignore him.

My dog just got skunked.

oh gods the smell is so bad I had to go brush my teeth to get the taste out of my mouth.

Just let that sink in for a moment.

Clearly skunks are the enemy of all. I need a flamethrower.

My dog just got skunked.

oh gods the smell is so bad I had to go brush my teeth to get the taste out of my mouth.

Just let that sink in for a moment.

Clearly skunks are the enemy of all. I need a flamethrower.

I'm sorry about your dog. If skunks smell bad to humans, imagine how bad it must smell to a dog!:mask: Having a superior sense of smell is overrated imo.

I'm sorry about your dog. If skunks smell bad to humans, imagine how bad it must smell to a dog!:mask: Having a superior sense of smell is overrated imo.

Aye, and he got hit with it right in the face, too.

Though what he really didnt like was the clean-up process.

And then the silly thing is, I dont think he learned anything from it. Today, take him for a walk, there's ANOTHER of the horrid things in a yard nearby (seriously they're everywhere around here) and he immediately tries to charge at it. I am thankful for leashes.

New Threads

Top Bottom