• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last thing that made you think or say"WTH?!"

There's this website I go on called Awful Library Books. It's run by a couple of librarians and each day they show a book that's, well, awful. It could be poorly written, or have a strange-sounding title, contain terrible advice, be a kid's book that isn't kid-friendly, or just be plain outdated. Getting rid of such books from libraries is known as "weeding". Anyway, today they showed a book that was written in 2016 that was "advice" for girls with Asperger's. It was horrible. It basically tells aspie girls to act more "mainstream" and pretend to be into things all the other girls are into, or they won't have many friends and have no life. Basically, it tells us what adults were trying to force me to do when I was a teen and a young adult even before I was diagnosed, and all it did was nearly ruin my entire life. It also mentions that most teens watch hours and hours of MTV, which I'm sure most kids didn't do much at all even two years ago. It's like the author has no real knowledge about being aspie herself, or even teen psychology in general.

I bought a round in the Pub on Wednesday night, a Pint of Cider, a Pint of Bitter, an Orange J2O and a Martini with Lemon, I paid with a tenner, but the whole round came to £12.80! What the flip?

I thought it was expensive in the Peacock but not the Crown and Glove!

New Threads

Top Bottom