• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last thing that made you think or say"WTH?!"

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

For me it was reading on my Facebook that Donald Trump is on the verge of winning the latest Presidential debate.

The man is a moron, if he gets in I officially give up on North America.

Anyone who spends all their time on Facebook 7 days a week clearly doesn't have a life beyond social media IMO.

Like I said on my thread earlier, I used to be like that but I have a life beyond the Internet in general now.

On Tuesday I went in a Barber's up near work to get a haircut, in the end the guy wanted £15 for the cut, I was like, what?! So I bartered him down to £10, still too much for a haircut IMO.

Someone in one of my classes told me that on the east coast there was a house giving out chocolate bars that had marijuana in them for Halloween. They later got arrested when the police started getting calls about it. Who would do something that stupid?

So this morning Trump is the new US President? I saw it on the news and was like, WTF?! What idiot voted for him?! Oh yeah! Half the population of Florida! Smh.

OK, I was having trouble understanding a generalization
that facebook is a bunch of fools because I was thinking
in particulars. Each person's batch of facebook friends
depends on who that person has accepted as a fb friend.

That was what was throwing me off.
It is not necessarily true that every person who uses fb is
a fool.

It is true that many people use facebook for oddly passive-
aggressive statements which they don't even write
themselves/memes that they find outstandingly pertinent,
as well as supplying their own flaming nonsense.

I am not defending them.
I am not defending people who don't do that.

I was just trying to understand the statement.
Now I get it.
It was a generalization.

My point, which is very hard to refute, is that Facebook strongly tends to bring out the worst, not the the best in its users. There is abundant and overwhelming evidence of this.

I use Facebook daily, but my block list is almost as big as my friend list, most days I comment on various news stories, sometimes Political, and get flamed/insulted for my views, so more often than not I report/block the flamer, so that they can't insult me any more.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against being insulted, but some people just go too far, that's when they get reported/blocked.

These girls watching the "Pink Elephants on Parade"scene from Dumbo.
(During the video and in the comments, the girls reveal they've been doing Cannabis (Pot) before they watched the scene)

New Threads

Top Bottom