• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last thing that made you think or say"WTH?!"

Each time it snows the groundskeepers manage to diligently sprinkle rock salt on the walkways.

Yet they never bother with all the stairs for second-story apartment units. :rolleyes:

I was watching some videos from the Dr. Phil show (as best as I could because they were the most cringe-inducing thing I'd seen in a while) about this insane woman con artist who makes this stuff that's a noxious, revolting mixture of fermented cabbage juice and some kind of salt that she called "Jilly Juice", because her first name is Jillian, get it?:D She claimed that it would cure anything, make a person live to be at least 400 years old, regenerate lost limbs, and reverse homosexuality and autism!

Not only does the juice look, smell and taste horrible but it causes all kinds of unpleasantness (which isn't surprising because there's so much salt in that garbage you might as well be eating a big bowl of salt). But the...lady... claimed it was your body healing and not trying to flush out the dangerous levels of sodium violently in both directions, and wouldn't take any skeptical or critical comments whatsoever. Big surprise.:rolleyes:

I'd actually seen this person mentioned before in another video showing some of the worst scammers alive today, but my morbid sense of curiosity made me decide to check out more about her. Of course, for people like her there's no such thing as bad publicity and being on Dr. Phil and other shows has just made people more aware, and many will be idiotic or desperate enough to actually try her snake oil, or even worse, make their kids take it.:mad:

And I read just a while ago that PETA wants people to stop using common words or phrases that sound anti-animal. For example instead instead of saying "grab the bull by the horns", they want people to say, "Grab the flower by the thorns".
Okay, first of all flowers and plants are alive as well, and having a fistful of thorns actually sounds worse than a bull's horns, and second, PETA is run, imo, by total hypocrites who not only kill animals themselves but are very anti-human. Everything they say sounds insane and ridiculous.

So I set up an account on Pinterest the other day, right... A lot of times when I'm on the lookout for hilarious memes or perhaps art of favorite characters I'd click on one in Google, and it'd take me to that site, which wouldn't load due to the lack of account. So I figured... okay. This has happened so often, that maybe I'll just use this to get images, much like how I use Imgur.

Well, Pinterest does it's best to try to set up your "feed" based on your interests. It keeps a watch on what you're looking at / saving, and tries to suggest more things from that category. The more funny cats you're looking at, the more it will throw funny cats at you. That sort of thing. It actually works quite well.

But since I cant just be freaking normal for 5 seconds, I'm just a few days in and my suggestions feed has completely devolved.

It is now almost entirely filled with creepy dolls. There's the occaisional dog or meme in there, but... yeah.

Be nice if I could just have non-bizarre interests/obsessions for once. But that just aint how it works, is it?

I was browsing through the Weird Stuff section of Ebay just for the heck of it, and someone had their imaginary friend on sale for a thousand dollars.

Another strange item was a jar of fresh air from Vancouver Island.

And a Ziploc bag full if *real* Canadian snow. How it's not going to be a bag of real Canadian water by the time it arrives, I haven't a clue.

And the shrunken heads. What is up with all the shrunken heads?! That's not just weird, that's disturbing.:fearful:

I was browsing through the Weird Stuff section of Ebay just for the heck of it, and someone had their imaginary friend on sale for a thousand dollars.

And a Ziploc bag full if *real* Canadian snow. How it's not going to be a bag of real Canadian water by the time it arrives, I haven't a clue.

And the shrunken heads. What is up with all the shrunken heads?! That's not just weird, that's disturbing.:fearful:
He's not imaginary, darnit.
He's invisible.
:cool:

Last edited:
^ No, the seller said themself that the friend was imaginary. But what I really want to know is did the seller originally buy the imaginary friend, and how much did it cost?:smirk:

People will sell almost anything legal on eBay, and there's still folk out there that's daft enough to buy it all.

I should sell my "haunted" shoe box.

----
In my new city, many people do not understand what to do with rock salt.
Sigh.

And I have the bruises to prove it.

This woman's strict list of 22 dating rules that she demands that her boyfriend follow. Somehow, I don't think she's going to have a boyfriend for a very long time if she tries this:

2_Womans-list-of-thing-boyfriend-is-banned-from-doing.jpg

Here's the source: Woman lists 22 things boyfriend is banned from doing - and people are horrified

If this was a guy's list for his girlfriend, people would say what a horrible controlling monster he is. Double standards never fail to amaze me.

Oh my gosh! If I were male, and her boyfriend, I'd call her a "prig," and ditch her immediately.

While I've no evidence to back this up, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that her boyfriend has cheated on her and she's trying to carry on the relationship after this - albeit with a much tighter grip to try and stop him from doing it again - rather than letting go and trying to move on.
However, this attempt at 'rescuing' the relationship with restrictions will likely have the opposite effect as you guys have pointed out.

There's some "gamer girl" selling her own bathwater. And people are buying it.:rolleyes:

......................................................................:confused:

Me as a kid in the 1980's: In the 21st century we're gonna have flying cars and live in outer space!:)
Me as an adult in 2019: For the last time: Earth is round, vaccines work, outer space is real, the Nazis were bad people, not all chemicals are bad, dogs and cats should not be put on vegan diets and it is NOT a good idea to give your autistic child enemas with industrial household bleach!!:mad:

**WARNING! THIS POST CONTAINS SARCASM!**
I was listening to one of those "Insane people/Entitled Parents" stories yesterday and this woman who had seen a play of "A Christmas Carol" was deeply offended and said it was un-American and full of communism. The original story wasn't even written by an American. What a genius this woman is! And she said it was communist because of the way Ebenezer changes at the end and helps poor, starving people, who are completely at fault for their situation while *he* obviously got rich by working hard, and was in no way a miserable miser who abused his co-worker and was corrupted by greed.
And naturally, the states doesn't have any charities or anything to help poor people.:rolleyes:

New Threads

Top Bottom