• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just got some tests diagnosed with intellectual disability as well as other stuff

My iq is 68 but my adaptive scores are pretty low so they diagnosed me with moderate to severe intellectual developmental disorder which is intellectual disability as well as moderate autism with intellectual impairment
Ignore IQ tests. They are very biased, inaccurate, outdated, and optimized. I believe this was discussed on this site on a thread that I posted about IQ.

My IEP says that I have an IQ of 89 (based of state-standard testing), which is certainly better than 68, but it is still below-average.

My social skills teacher as well as my guidance counselor both said to ignore this detail.

I agree i have just takend a ON line test (swedish so highly regarded over here) and ...... Well i got 70 on that one SO :rolleyes: (to be honest they lost me after roughly 5 questions :confused:

Further more i just found out that DSM V is focused LESS on IQ and more combined to said other 3 criterias (and yes i pass on all of them apparently dont surprise me one bit and not bothered by it either, Same with ICD 10 (only slightly higher ( 83 - 91 LOWER end of "normal " scale on the medically professional
scale on the medically professional test Wais 3
back in 2010 IQ ) then the old measurements of under 70 -75 for MILD Intellectual disability)

Btw both MBD (in my case from lack of oxygen at birth a longer period) & ADHD & ASD is acknowledged to be part of Intellectual disability apparently ;)

Btw can any of you enlightened lovely people out there inform how in gods green earth am i to interpend my Medical IQ evaluation ? it say Whole scale 83 -91 :confused::confused::confused: am i to only count 83 or ????? (its driving me NUTS trying to figure this out and sat up to 2:00 this past night trying to find an answer :confused: :oops:

Last edited:
Btw can any of you enlightened lovely people out there inform how in gods green earth am i to interpend my Medical IQ evaluation ? it say Whole scale 83 -91 :confused::confused::confused: am i to only count 83 or ????? (its driving me NUTS trying to figure this out and sat up to 2:00 this past night trying to find an answer :confused: :oops:

It means your Full Scale IQ score is thought to be somewhere between 83 and 91. It means that it's as likely your IQ is 83 as it is that your IQ is 91 -- or anything in between 83 and 91.

There is always some margin of error.....you get a range of numbers to factor some of that in.

When I've been given IQ tests I've also gotten a range of numbers like that as opposed to a single number as a result.

Last edited:
It means your Full Scale IQ score is thought to be somewhere between 83 and 91 -- Full Scale IQ is calculated using subtest scores (e.g. working memory, processing speed, verbal reasoning, nonverbal reasoning).

There is always some margin of error.

When I've been given IQ tests I've also gotten a range of numbers like that as opposed to a single number as a result.

Yes i have a bunch of sub tests as well (pretty much ALL UNDER "normal " btw even the one i score higher on :rolleyes: )

Of course

A okey so when i give out my results so to say (for ex in here i shall still say 83 -91 then ?

THANK you tortoise for clearing this up to me dear (HUGS ) :p

Why can't we remember Dr. King's dream of having everyone judged by the content of their character. If that is how we valued each other, then you Jen would be very highly valued indeed.

Because judging people by their character is hard, and many people don't like to think about stuff like that, because thinking is hard too. It's much easier to make superficial judgments.

I was flipping through a newly published memoir called Maid (can't remember the author) at Costco last week, and the author apparently describes how the people she cleaned houses for thought she was a loser because she got pregnant accidentally and had to support her daughter by being a maid. When they realized she was quite smart, they ignored it and continued to treat her like trash.

In another article I read that America essentially is ruled by the worst and most unscrupulous. The robber barons of an earlier time at least had SOME redeeming values. Carnegie built libraries with his millions, for example. Today's robber barons pour billions into researching the best way to drastically reduce the planet's population. Our society seems to value wealth, and wealth used to destroy the "useless eaters", over everything. We actually value people with those of LOWEST character at the top, instead of the other way around. It's really sad.

Basically, don't believe anything that your IQ test results say. IQ testing is an inaccurate measurement, so your diagnosis of an intellectual disability is inaccurate.

Judging by how you sound in your post, you are very smart.

Basically, don't believe anything that your IQ test results say. IQ testing is an inaccurate measurement, so your diagnosis of an intellectual disability is inaccurate.

Judging by how you sound in your post, you are very smart.

If you refer to me i agree i dont look as mush on my IQ as actually said 3 criterias needed to get saiddiagnose and not surprisingly i DO have them ALL. But as i also said i dont care one way or another i am who i am regardless how many diagnoses i have (and have MANY ) :cool:

As to the im very smart well i thought so BUT apparently not that high(and its also usual for those with this diagnose to think they are smarter then they are ;) ) BTW the one criteria i was higher on was actually verbal (but still according to them lower then average :rolleyes: ) & i cant nomether how mush i would like take back any of my Medically diagnosed diagnosis dear and ALL of them are actually ONE of the grounds on having Intellectual disability (more so my MBD actually and my lack of oxygen when born ) but also ADHD and ASD are actually tightly linked to possible Intellectual disability :cool: )

And again if youre talking about me THANK you :p

My IQ isn't that impressive, I'm old and I don't have a job, I sponge off of my husband, my looks are fading rapidly. Why should anyone either care or judge me for those things? What difference does it make to anyone else how smart, productive, or attractive I am? Just avoid talking to me or looking at me if you find my stupid, lazy, ugly old self offensive.

Simple.

And ... I still think I'm fine just the way I am because I have and work on those character traits that I feel are important, whether you feel they are or not (you being the 'generic you').

New Threads

Top Bottom