• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It all must be resulted by meeting people!

Friend4any1

To Cowabunga And Beyod!
I know such things as making friends and experiencing the love that would/should lead to marriage has to involve meeting people, but most of the time, I get too caught up in ideals, that I would constantly be (as the phrase goes) looking a gift horse in the mouth!

Music is there to be heard, films/shows (and then some) are there to be viewed, books are there to be read (or else read by others for one to get into them) and people are there to relate to and accompany one, and yet, I keep taking what’s meant for information and/or entertainment and making something complex & “precious” out of them since I was 12; songs and music videos must be sequenced in playlists, videos must be on track in my own way, audio-books must be singles (one title, one M4B file imported into iTunes via CDs) and people must stay out of my bubble, except when it comes to blood relatives.

I’m not shallow, I’m not demanding, I just grew up with Asperger’s Syndrome and became particular about these things. Somehow I liked playing something with headphones. Frankly, I was quite a young boy when anything with headphones were introduced to me; that, as far as my parents were concerned, was a great alternative to repeating the question, “Are we there yet?”

However, thinking back, I’ve gotten to into such a position with such a set, that I was in this kind of bubble; nobody and nothing mattered but the entertainment played in my ears.

When I was 12, there were some cartoons I was routine with: “The Mask” (worked like a sequel to the Jim Carrey movie) and Disney’s “Mighty Ducks” (inspired by the movie of the same name) one episode was taped when I went for a haircut, and what with one “Mask” VHS out of three I had and that one with the taped episode, I became routine with those, and I’d watch an even number of others after them before I’d start all over again. Later, what with DVDs coming into the picture, the routine involved “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” (both discs in the Disney double-disc edition), “The Wizard of Oz” (both discs in THAT double-disc edition), a single disc animated something, a live-action one as a single disc DVD, and so on. Often, I would take advantage of the extras those and later, the Blu-Ray discs would typically include by watching a single deleted scene and/or music video in order to keep the experience shorter than the many movies and cartoons. In late November 2013 (5 months after my resolution to veganism) I realized, even though I’ve felt it earlier, I officially decided to be so strict on how to view the physical options of entertainment, especially after I’ve gotten the hang of iTunes, among other bits of digital entertainment.

Now, iTunes became this mania what with the automatic playlists, “Top 25 Most Played” and “Top Rated”. Not to mention the audiobooks; digital and available from the iTunes Store might have stereo quality or mono, or signs that preparations were the results without ignorable flaws. On CD, they are heavenly by comparison to select buys from said “store”. Importing MP3s from Amazon was a breeze compared to importing something from CDs; the audiobook ones, that is. Music was fine.

I was content with the digital readings of these books until I realized the whole stereo/mono deal by accident and lead to constant buying CDs, giving them away, buying them again, and again, and again. Of course, most folk without Autism would say it’s a waste of time & money, and frankly, in hindsight, I’d agree.

As for playlists, for a while, since recently, selections of songs from “Wicked” and Disney’s “Aladdin” (the recent show onstage, not the animated 1992 movie) must be in the “Top 25 Most Played” one, but I used to automatically include a nature album, which became superfluous, and a nuisance resulted by obsession compared to mobile APPs involving nature sounds or other things that aren’t musical yet able to break silence or block out what I’d rather not hear.

Anyway, I also made and designed my own playlists, and they worked for a while until a software update occurred and iTunes put me in a position where I had to satisfy it before IT can satisfy ME. Otherwise, anything unchecked would be left out of any playlist or else (if a playlist is devoted to them) completely wiped from existence. I did, however, work the kinks out and everything with the songs and playlists are fine.

Now for the videos. My childhood favorite “He-Man and the Masters of the Universe” and its spin-off “She-Ra ~ Princess of Power” has been pitched up a little higher than before in the DVDs. I should know what with my repetition with select episodes and the “He-Man and She-Ra Episode Review Website” (which is shut down, unfortunately.) Anyway, I do have a DVD playing program for my laptop which includes an option to adjust details like the sound pitch. The update of THAT, however, lead to disagreements on my behalf. Now, there’s AVS (Audio Video System) and the programs for conversions. Plus, the desperate programs that has an option coinciding with the CD importing iTunes and Windows Media Player include. Some would argue that I could switch to videos iTunes or Amazon sells, but those are also editions of the cartoons pitched up higher than before. For almost a year, I’ve been taking the bytes from the DVDs to give the episodes of both shows my personal touch.

Oh, and there’s the HDMI arrangement; I often thought of choosing “Extend” which can look like (and is) playing iTunes (playlists) through the laptop’s screen and another application (one of videos streaming or playing offline) through that of the TV to which it’s connected.

Now, I keep thinking I must play these things so the “Plays” and the “Last Time Played” records get an impression that I’m using my digital content. Track 1 of each album (as far as a part of my mind is concerned) must be played first. Then track and 3, and so on until the playlists (one by one) are done for the month.

Frankly, I think my iPad should just include these 17 E-books and 2 home videos of my cousin’s little girl which she texted to me and others in the family while my iPhone should have a playlist devoted to voice memos (preferably an amount 2) and no songs.

This is why I occasionally have doubts on getting the career of my dreams (writer/voice talent) and the woman of my dreams; It’s like I’m crazy about whatever the media offers

As for people, there are others with handicaps, and other vegans, but none of them fit the bill when it comes to a partner.

I’ve got an idea of who I’m looking for thanks to this dream I had when I was 6 or 7; it had something to do with that “Gate Keeper” in “Ghost Busters” and she being my mom instead of the real mom of mine. Then another when I was a teenager; one about a woman who looks like Bernadette Peters, but with a certain choice of clothes Ann Reinking wore in certain points of “Annie” (1982) and she seemed to be standing on a platform/fan combo like Marilyn Monroe in some picture, resulting vails and all locks of straight brown hair forced up to look like a fantastic flame of warm brown and yellow instead of red, orange and yellow.

Years later, I’ve introduced myself to these things animated in the 1990s and included real faith to the Marvel comics. One is “The Incredible Hulk” animated series, and episodes involving Jennifer Walters, cousin of Bruce Banner (AKA The Incredible Hulk himself), a woman who, due to mishaps, the need of a blood transfusion and getting one from Bruce, then, what with the gamma pact blood, her transformation into the She-Hulk, a woman who used to be mousy, but then gets a makeover to this robust, heroic and feminine package, who often gives the attitude of “Don’t mess with me” to the public, but can be soft like a powderpuff to those whom she knows and trusts. She can seem controversial, but there you are.

On the other hand, in another 1990s animated series, “Fantastic Four”, one member of the four, Johnny Storm (AKA The Human Torch) crossed paths with a young woman named Crystal, part of a race of Inhumans (beings who are advanced from us humans in more ways than one, and rely on a mist that offers a different kind of powers to each one). She was aptly named since like any real crystals, has purity, and even with her abilities to manipulate earth, fire, water and air, she doesn’t show over confidence or the nerve to use them to whoever provokes her. In fact, she provides this warmth that appeals to every decent person like you and me. She can seem wimpy, like the basic damsel in distress, but these powers of hers show otherwise; she’s just good in more ways than one.

Plus, my lifestyle is supposed to involve no children (I’d rather be an uncle than a father) and no pets.

Most of the time, I hope I don’t expect too much out of life.

On the plus side, I’ve grown above sound sensitivity, spice sensitivity, heat sensitivity, and these sensations that tend to be less than fun.

I highly recommend the Nature Space App, “White Noise Ambience”, and “Freegal Music”! They, and the experience without a set of headphones (Bluetooth or otherwise) can really help; they did me.

New Threads

Top Bottom