• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Issues with other sites and controversial/unpopular opinions

I got three research papers (one from Iran, one meta research) which I partly read, all of which indicate a significant negative relationship between women's empowerment and fertility rate. If we are to consider radical feminists as ultra empowered this would imply a likelihood of them having even fewer children. Generally though feminists are not friendly to motherhood. That is another impression I got form my research tonight, thank you very much :)

"In conclusion, all of the three women’s empowerment factors show significant effects
on women’s fertility preference measured by the ideal number of children."
"Previous studies have found that aspects of women’s empowerment play a role in the
decline of women’s fertility in developing countries. The results from this study suggest that women’s
empowerment, which includes labour force participation, education and household decision-
making, have significant effects on women’s ideal number of children in the four Southeast
Asian countries studied."
"Except for education, which appears to have the most consistent negative relationship with fertility preference..."
https://tasa.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Phan-2015.pdf

"There was also a direct association between acceptance of gender stereotypes and fertility rate (r = 0.13) and an indirect association between egalitarianism and fertility rate (r = −0.15)."
Relationship between gender role attitude and fertility rate in women referring to health centers in Mashhad in 2013
Read very little of this:
https://www.populationmatters.org/documents/feminist_case_for_smaller_families.pdf

"Overall, empowerment was inversely associated with number of children in the majority of studies, although many studies also found no association between some indicators of women’s empowerment and number of children."
Women’s empowerment and fertility: A review of the literature

The claim I was making by the way was that radical feminists have significantly fewer children than non-feminists on average. I don't think this is controversial, it is an opinion formed over the years. The fact that I could not locate a single study to corroborate or disprove this directly really stinks of political correctness. How could there not be a single researcher who thought they would look into the relationship between feminism and fertility?

As for Polish women getting more children in the UK than in Poland I think that would have more to do with economic factors rather than becoming more feminist. I was talking about personal views rather than state decisions.

I think I can get you plenty of research on conservative households having more children. There is no political correctness involved there so no need to sweep the truth under the carpet...

Was I justified in making the claim without looking up studies to support it? Yes I still think so. We often form correct opinions on non controversial issues without looking up specific academic studies to support them. How may of the countless opinions we hold can we justify with direct citations? Considering general trends on births rates, both individual and societal, and radical feminist ideology I have brushed up against over the years I find it extremely likely that radical feminists have lower birth rates, even if there are no studies to support this claim directly.

As for what I think I am for the equality (empowerment) of women. If women do not want children that is their choice. As a state we should be encouraging fertility rather than infertility (feminists are often strongly against this). We should not be glorifying rebellion against nature until we have a better way. We should teach women that motherhood is a virtue rather than the opposite.

Fertility is very important to me. After we die, all we leave behind is our genes. The more we procreate the more we successful our genes are. Why not donate sperm? If I decided to have children I would want to raise them myself as well as I possibly can. I would view this as a sacred duty. This is part of my morality getting in the way of biological success. But in the end biological success is the only objective standard of our performance after we die I think. It is also what shapes the world of the future. These are my views and others could completely reject them.

Women as the child bearers and natural nurtures did not get easy part of the deal on reproduction, though possibly the most rewarding. To me that is no reason to completely turn one's back on nature and commit biological suicide, failing miserably at the only form of lasting success available to our kind. Sure people can kill their genes if they want to, their choice. Although I want children, not sure if I will have any, with autism and all...

But turning one's back on 4 billion years of evolution. Completely disregarding the long struggle for life that all our ancestors went through that lead to us. Completely nullifying their every effort. Seems so disrespectful and irresponsible. I did not always think so.

And I've managed to turn this into a discussion of my special interests :p

Animals are sentient and plants are not. animals can suffer and have desires, plants do not (lack the organ that makes this possible). This is a matter of science.

I could talk for hours about my problems on social sires and forum. :D

Any data on that? Polish women get more children in UK than in Poland and it's more to do with "feminine society traits". You know equality, help and all.

There are countries like Salvador that force giving birth to children but still the birth rate is dropping.

There are many factors responsible for birth rate. Poverty or lack of it is one of those.

There is an interestic topic of vegan and morality.
As an animist (all has soul) I see no difference between eating fauna or flora. We kill to eat anyway.

When it comes to feminism I have an unique insight as a transman. Generally I still have no passing and I get irl sexism as a lady and on internet a sexism as a guy. As a guy I'm told that I don't know stuff. And I should shut up and listen to the opressed because I'm privileged. :D

I did use the "you're priviledged you don't know how it is" in discussions before. Because sometimes the people don't know and they don't even know that they don't know. But saying that the whole group surely don't know is too much. And in the case of men - transphobic.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom