• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Issues with other sites and controversial/unpopular opinions

That would be a lot better than eating factory farmed products. However, research I have seen has shown that vegan diet is healthier than the average diet if done properly, and that it can meet all our dietary needs. I would place more faith on specific studies rather than our natural diet. I had been vegan for many years without issue and only recently started eating certain bivalves as they are not sentient (no brain). I don't like the taste, and I'll admit part of me did it to piss off uncritical, dogmatic vegans :D You might want to consider doing the same thing. I wish I could be a hermit for 6 months or so before returning to the world. Good luck :)

Calibar, I agree that "factory farming" is really disgusting. Personally, I am making plans to be a self-sufficient hermit who will own chickens and ducks for meat and eggs and treat them well, and kill them as humanely as possible. My grandfather (long dead by now) told me all about how awful factory farming is, and showed me how to raise and kill a chicken humanely. Even though he hated Jews, he said that the kosher way to kill an animal is probably the most humane method devised by man. The problem is, even the kosher meat industry has become "industrialized" and Jews can no longer be certain that kosher meat is truly kosher. The only real way to ensure the humaneness of meat is to raise it yourself or buy from local small scale ranchers who treat and kill their animals as humanely as possible. Humans have been eating meat for at least 300,000 years, before Homo Sapiens Sapiens even arrived on the planet in its present form. I have read about evidence of cooking animals being found in a cave in what is now Israel, the hearth was at least 300k years old. Our tooth structure is meant to eat cooked meat according to paleoarcheologists. The herbivorous theory of man simply doesn't hold up. People who have tried strictly herbivorous diets tend to wind up sickly and emaciated.

I don't hate you at all. But I would ask, if their values led to them harming others would you be as tolerant, or does tolerance depended on how harmful their practices are? E.g. would you be as tolerant of those who support war crimes? I would think not. If tolerance of other views differs depending on the views then what is tolerable for some will not be tolerable for others given our different opinions on things.

I hear what you're saying.
If it's any condolence to you, I wouldn't eat a dog or a cat.
I do think the way animals are treated is wrong, and tbh if I think about what I'm eating and how it got there, I don't really feel like eating it anymore. I have to not think about it.
I will not be stoning any protestors. People can do what they wish. I don't hate vegans or hold anything against them. For example, I hate Trump, but I don't say to people "I hate you because you voted for Trump." They are entitled to their own values and opinions.

I don't hate you at all. But I would ask, if their values led to them harming others would you be as tolerant, or does tolerance depended on how harmful their practices are? E.g. would you be as tolerant of those who support war crimes? I would think not. If tolerance of other views differs depending on the views then what is tolerable for some will not be tolerable for others given our different opinions on things.
I don't hate you at all either :)
Exactly, it all comes down to differing opinions. I can choose to respectfully disagree with people without feeling any animosity toward them :)
I meant no disrespect or harm toward you or your values, I was merely stating my opinion, as were you. I have nothing against veganism at all, in fact I think it is great that people believe in such a cause, I feel the same way about feminism, although I am neither a vegan nor a feminist and likely never will be. My beliefs and values are different, though I mean no disrespect to people who have differing opinions or values.

Great :)

You don't have to worry about hurting my feelings btw. I am not affected if people disagree with me. If they prove me wrong I would thank them :)

I am all for women's equality. I do despise the war on masculinity that is currently taking place in the West. It will not be without consequences. A healthy society needs both masculinity and femininity. If the West chooses to kill off masculinity it will simply be replaced by healthier cultures.

I don't hate you at all either :)
Exactly, it all comes down to differing opinions. I can choose to respectfully disagree with people without feeling any animosity toward them :)
I meant no disrespect or harm toward you or your values, I was merely stating my opinion, as were you. I have nothing against veganism at all, in fact I think it is great that people believe in such a cause, I feel the same way about feminism, although I am neither a vegan nor a feminist and likely never will be. My beliefs and values are different, though I mean no disrespect to people who have differing opinions or values.

My favourite thing about this site; I've never seen a single argument where people won't look at the facts. It's honesty wonderful that such a site exists.

Great :)

You don't have to worry about hurting my feelings btw. I am not affected if people disagree with me. If they prove me wrong I would thank them :)

I am all for women's equality. I do despise the war on masculinity that is currently taking place in the West. It will not be without consequences. A healthy society needs both masculinity and femininity. If the West chooses to kill off masculinity it will simply be replaced by healthier cultures.
:)

I despise the war on masculinity as well, it is not feminism in itself that is the problem, it is radical feminism. Feminism should not equal a hatred of all men imo, and not all men are scumbags.
I am all for women's equality and gender equality in general, though I do not agree with either side of the war- I do not agree with radical feminism though I do not agree with men's rights extremists either.
There is a healthy balance and that is simply gender equality. :)

My favourite thing about this site; I've never seen a single argument where people won't look at the facts. It's honesty wonderful that such a site exists.
It is because Aspies/Auties are logical by design and will always look at the facts in a debate :)
I am so glad that this site exists as well, it is so nice to see people engaging in friendly debates without ripping each other apart! :)

I know that there have been anthropological studies done on hunter-gatherer tribes in places like the Amazon rainforest, and they tend to eat a lot of meat, with foraged foods such as nuts and seeds and whatever fruit they can pick coming in second. While I agree that the so-called "paleo diet" distorts this research, the fact remains that early humans likely ate quite a bit of cooked meat.

The knife is the first tool made by proto-humans, some examples date back one million years! Humans have been killing other humans and animals for a million years, it's only in the present day that a few humans have asked if killing animals for meat is morally acceptable. I have nothing against vegans trying to feed themselves solely with plants, but the fact remains that the killing of animals by humans for food is wedged deep within our genes.

Humans are the only animals that ask if killing and eating other animals is a good idea, other predator animals simply kill and eat. If you've ever seen lions tear apart an antelope, you'd have to agree that kosher preparation of meat is far superior. I once saw a video from an Argentine slum where a cattle truck lost a wheel, the starving slum dwellers took machetes to the still living cattle and hacked off bloody chunks while the cows bellowed in agony. And the slum people didn't care, because they were hungry and the meat was free. I'd rather choose "schochet" (the kosher slaughtering of animals) over that any day!

Of course, we all know that prey animals have brains too, I once saw one of the neighbor's hens attack a turkey when the turkey went after one of her chicks (the pen was probably overcrowded), so yeah I can agree that birds and cows and pigs can feel pain. But still, humans eat meat, and not doing so risks serious nutritional deficiency unless great care is used.

Part of the joy of eating a salad is that the vegetables seem so 'alive'

You can pick directly from the bush.. and eat directly.
While the life is still flowing through my blackberries.

Meat just seems so 'dead'

"A vegan diet includes grains, vegetables, fruit, legumes (dried beans, peas and lentils), seeds and nuts. It excludes meat, fish, poultry, dairy and eggs and products containing these foods.
A healthy vegan diet has many health benefits including lower rates of obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer.
It may take planning to get enough protein, iron, zinc, calcium, vitamins D and B12 and omega-3 fats from foods or supplements. A healthy vegan diet can meet all your nutrient needs at any stage of life including when you are pregnant, breastfeeding or for older adults."

Eating Guidelines for Vegans

Just because it is wedged deep within our genes does not mean it is a good idea. We evolved in savage jungles and carry many genes that helped us survive in those environments but serve no purpose in the civilized world. We're animals!

The same way we may feel the urge to hunt, we may also feel the urge to plunder, assault etc. We control ourselves.

I know that there have been anthropological studies done on hunter-gatherer tribes in places like the Amazon rainforest, and they tend to eat a lot of meat, with foraged foods such as nuts and seeds and whatever fruit they can pick coming in second. While I agree that the so-called "paleo diet" distorts this research, the fact remains that early humans likely ate quite a bit of cooked meat.

The knife is the first tool made by proto-humans, some examples date back one million years! Humans have been killing other humans and animals for a million years, it's only in the present day that a few humans have asked if killing animals for meat is morally acceptable. I have nothing against vegans trying to feed themselves solely with plants, but the fact remains that the killing of animals by humans for food is wedged deep within our genes.

Humans are the only animals that ask if killing and eating other animals is a good idea, other predator animals simply kill and eat. If you've ever seen lions tear apart an antelope, you'd have to agree that kosher preparation of meat is far superior. I once saw a video from an Argentine slum where a cattle truck lost a wheel, the starving slum dwellers took machetes to the still living cattle and hacked off bloody chunks while the cows bellowed in agony. And the slum people didn't care, because they were hungry and the meat was free. I'd rather choose "schochet" (the kosher slaughtering of animals) over that any day!

Of course, we all know that prey animals have brains too, I once saw one of the neighbor's hens attack a turkey when the turkey went after one of her chicks (the pen was probably overcrowded), so yeah I can agree that birds and cows and pigs can feel pain. But still, humans eat meat, and not doing so risks serious nutritional deficiency unless great care is used.

Cultures that respect masculinity are reproducing more. These radical feminists are generally much less likely to reproduce. In the end they will be only a passing fad and natural selection will resolve the situation in a few generations I think. Granted, some of those born to conservative households will embrace foolish ideals but they too will be less likely to reproduce. The sad part is that our tax money is being used to fund "research" into this BS.

I despise the war on masculinity as well, it is not feminism in itself that is the problem, it is radical feminism. Feminism should not equal a hatred of all men imo, and not all men are scumbags.
I am all for women's equality and gender equality in general, though I do not agree with either side of the war- I do not agree with radical feminism though I do not agree with men's rights extremists either.
There is a healthy balance and that is simply gender equality. :)

I too find I don't 'fit in' on a lot of forums because I don't always have the same views or perception as the majority.
Being honest or calling it as I see it isn't valued in a group mentality if it doesn't conform to those group beliefs. (Or social niceties)
I don't tend to hang around if I'm being torn a new one due to a personal belief. In those instances is pretty evident I don't belong with that particular group anyway
It happens, I have to accept it.

We have both stated our views in full, and it's obvious that we're not going to change anyone's mind, so I will leave it at that.

"A vegan diet includes grains, vegetables, fruit, legumes (dried beans, peas and lentils), seeds and nuts. It excludes meat, fish, poultry, dairy and eggs and products containing these foods.
A healthy vegan diet has many health benefits including lower rates of obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer.
It may take planning to get enough protein, iron, zinc, calcium, vitamins D and B12 and omega-3 fats from foods or supplements. A healthy vegan diet can meet all your nutrient needs at any stage of life including when you are pregnant, breastfeeding or for older adults."

Eating Guidelines for Vegans

Just because it is wedged deep within our genes does not mean it is a good idea. We evolved in savage jungles and carry many genes that helped us survive in those environments but serve no purpose in the civilized world. We're animals!

The same way we may feel the urge to hunt, we may also feel the urge to plunder, assault etc. We control ourselves.

I found my peace when i learned to not care what most people thought. I don't see the point of getting upset about stupidity. In my mind the majority of the human population is dumb as mud, posers who are barely able to rise above their most basic animal instincts, unable to form coherent substantiated opinions, or to think beyond their next meal or beer. I have chosen a few people whom i trust and whose opinion of me that i value. These people can tell my anything and can criticise without having to worry about packaging their words. I feel little need for affirmation, certainly not from people whose opinion i do not value.

I'm very happy with my experience here though, i have tried my best to be neutral/logical and i'm just happy i haven't offended anyone yet. If other sites are garbage, well then they are garbage, no need to take anything said personally, just leave and let them wallow in their own muck. These kind of people are not worth your thought, energy or emotion. You can't blame garbage for stinking. Cherish the people that contribute to your development, ignore the rest.

By the way, idiot haters are easy to take out, take every word they say literally and use logic to question everything they say. Ask them to document every 'statement of fact they use', find their weaknesses and the inevitable contradictions, point out every error including their spelling, question the motives behind every justification they use and use every word to undermine them and turn their words against them. I've used this tactic against my boss when he is talking nonsense. Its a blast, but won't make you any friends.

Last edited:
Biggest problem on most gaming forums IMO is that if you don't Worship the ground Sony or Nintendo walk on, the regulars automatically hate you, especially if you're an Xbox fan, unless it's an Xbox specific board, and even then you can't say anything negative about Sony or Nintendo.

Wow. I have never had such hard time on sites - then again I run.away the moment things get inflammatory and never come back.

I'm sorry people were such ass-hats to you!!!

My husband is NT. He hates any term applied to "normies" (cisgendered, neurological etc.)

I asked him specifically about NT, neurological, neurologically typical etc. He said the best word that he can come up with is he finds those words incredibly "irksome".

I find normies hate labels with a fiery passion when they are applied to them - my husband said this is accurate. He said if we need to label them to help identify the foundation of a situation (I am AS, my husband is NT) then that is fine, but he doesn't like the word being applied to him directly (like a "you're neurotypical so you wouldn't get it) basically when it is meant to invalidate him or what he is saying.

Basically it comes down to people and their feelings. Some people embrace their labels, some get incredibly offended. Most just don't want to feel invalidated.

I don't fully understand his side the best, but I lack in the empathy department. So I choose to just take his word for it.

That is great :) Is it for ethical reasons?

Today's farming practices are rather disgusting. For most of my childhood until I stopped eating farmed animals I would have reoccurring very vivid nightmares about farms, slaughterhouses and dead cows. They stopped immediately after I quit eating them. I now kind of believe they were the tortured souls of the dead cows crying out to me. Crazy I know but I have no other explanation, and they started when I was so young I had no idea how all that farming b.s. worked.

I could talk for hours about my problems on social sires and forum. :D

Cultures that respect masculinity are reproducing more. These radical feminists are generally much less likely to reproduce. In the end they will be only a passing fad and natural selection will resolve the situation in a few generations I think. Granted, some of those born to conservative households will embrace foolish ideals but they too will be less likely to reproduce. The sad part is that our tax money is being used to fund "research" into this BS.

Any data on that? Polish women get more children in UK than in Poland and it's more to do with "feminine society traits". You know equality, help and all.

There are countries like Salvador that force giving birth to children but still the birth rate is dropping.

There are many factors responsible for birth rate. Poverty or lack of it is one of those.

There is an interestic topic of vegan and morality.
As an animist (all has soul) I see no difference between eating fauna or flora. We kill to eat anyway.

When it comes to feminism I have an unique insight as a transman. Generally I still have no passing and I get irl sexism as a lady and on internet a sexism as a guy. As a guy I'm told that I don't know stuff. And I should shut up and listen to the opressed because I'm privileged. :D

I did use the "you're priviledged you don't know how it is" in discussions before. Because sometimes the people don't know and they don't even know that they don't know. But saying that the whole group surely don't know is too much. And in the case of men - transphobic.

That is sweet :)

Today's farming practices are rather disgusting. For most of my childhood until I stopped eating farmed animals I would have reoccurring very vivid nightmares about farms, slaughterhouses and dead cows. They stopped immediately after I quit eating them. I now kind of believe they were the tortured souls of the dead cows crying out to me. Crazy I know but I have no other explanation, and they started when I was so young I had no idea how all that farming b.s. worked.

New Threads

Top Bottom