• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is Cuphead on Xbox One worth £16 (about $20 at current exchange)

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
I'll look up some reviews on Google but I wondered if anyone on here has played it and can give their own thoughts?

The game is also on PS4 for the Sony fans.

It's an Xbox console exclusive, so it's not available on Playstation.

You are correct, I just Googled it and there are no plans to release Cuphead on anything but PC and Xbox One.

I just saw a link to PS4 when I was Googling the achievements for Cuphead.

I edited my post before you quoted.

Might be an idea to wait for the edit, then you don't look a bit daft :D

Or you could have not edited it and posted a reply instead? I'm certainly not worried about looking daft.

(EDIT: Also you couldn't have changed it before I quoted, as then I wouldn't have been able to quote it..)

Not played it but it certainly is a jaw opener, isn't it? I've heard it's quite hard. But it sounds pretty good, I'd get it if I wasn't watching my money right now.

I just beat it a few hours ago, very difficult game. Difficult enough that you won't be breezing through it on your first try, so if you're the type to throw in the towel quickly then you'd be wise to steer clear. It plays more or less like Contra, except to the tune of 1930s style animation (think Steamboat Willie or Betty Boop), so if you're one of the fortunate few who have played Contra or any of its kin or relatives then you'll likely be better prepared than the dozens of people who are already complaining and crying. You can grab another person with you and play 2-player (local only, not online) to help ease the load, but single-player is far from impossible. Just be ready to die over and over (and over and over) again until you get the gist of it all.

I don't get that at all - they bought the game knowing very well what they were getting into, and now they're singing a different tune? Eh, I found it pretty fair. Frustrating at times, but otherwise fair. It's not the end of the world, but c'mon - why not rise up to the challenge every once in a while? Oh well.

It's probably worth a bit less than $20 IMO; luckily, discounts pop up often enough that the game will likely be on sale soon enough. Your call, of course, but don't spoil too much of it for yourself before you play.

Last edited:
Not played it but it certainly is a jaw opener, isn't it? I've heard it's quite hard. But it sounds pretty good, I'd get it if I wasn't watching my money right now.

It's not my thing, but I'll be damned if it isn't truly a beautiful game. I've also been told it's pretty hard.

It's beautiful, fun and exciting. It's also pretty dang hard. I love the game and I don't regret buying it, even though I just plain suck at it. I'd secretly love it if the game got a super easy mode so I'd be able to handle it too, though :p

It's not my thing, but I'll be damned if it isn't truly a beautiful game. I've also been told it's pretty hard.

Shame there isn't a free trial, then I could try it before I spend £16,74 on it.

I just can't justify spending that kind of money on something I'll download, play once or twice and then never again because I decide the ruddy thing's too hard.

Then again, up to yesterday I was tempted to pay £31.99 for Constructor HD, till I read some reviews of the Xbox One version which said it was buggy and didn't really score well in the reviews, the PC version was decent, but the PC is more suited that stuff like Constructor anyway IMHO.

New Threads

Top Bottom