• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

fern_77

V.I.P Member
hi. my name is Fern and my pronouns are they/them. i'm seventeen. i'm a nonbinary trans person and a greyromantic ambiamorous lesbian (if you are unsure what any of those terms mean, feel free to ask me and i'll explain them ^w^).

i was diagnosed with adhd when i was eight and the therapists i've had throughout my life have all been pretty sure that i'm autistic , but i never got a formal diagnosis until the summer of 2021, when i was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder.

i like to draw and play video games. my special interests at the moment are the games Undertale and Deltarune, as well as the song, manga, anime, and novel series Kagerou Project. my favorite genres of music are vocaloid and folk punk, and my favorite band is AJJ. my favorite animals are cats and dogs and my favorite color is purple.

welcome to af.png

Howdy Doody. 'Folk Punk' is a new one on me. ;D
yeah, i learned about it last year. the band i mentioned, AJJ, is a really good folk punk band. i'd recommend checking out some of their songs if you'd like

yeah, i learned about it last year. the band i mentioned, AJJ, is a really good folk punk band. i'd recommend checking out some of their songs if you'd like

Ah, Ok thanks. I like the lyrics. Think he would be fun to see live.

I like a lot of different types of music, but was really having a hard time getting my head around the Punk Folk concept. I thought, well, I didn't know what I thought. :D

200 (1).gif

Hi welcome to the forum. I feel kinda old now, slit if what you said is all new to me. I think we need a thread for gender studies, issues and terms. Its confusing to me.

There are a few others that are trans and non binary and they post here pretty often. This is an open and accepting community, I hope you feel welcome here.

You can start any new threads you want to, did you know that? There is a blog space too. And some truly amazing photos

Ah, Ok thanks. I like the lyrics. Think he would be fun to see live.

I like a lot of different types of music, but was really having a hard time getting my head around the Punk Folk concept. I thought, well, I didn't know what I thought. :D

View attachment 72510
no problem. and yeah, the lyrics are good. if you don't mind me asking, why were you having a hard time getting your head around the concept? if there's something about it that you don't understand, i can explain it to you

Hi welcome to the forum. I feel kinda old now, slit if what you said is all new to me. I think we need a thread for gender studies, issues and terms. Its confusing to me.

There are a few others that are trans and non binary and they post here pretty often. This is an open and accepting community, I hope you feel welcome here.

You can start any new threads you want to, did you know that? There is a blog space too. And some truly amazing photos
hello. two of the terms i used, greyromantic and ambiamorous, aren't very well known. greyromantic "describes a person who feels romantic attraction very rarely, weakly, unreliably or gains/loses attraction in unusual or unknown circumstances" (AUREA). ambiamorous means "being open to either monogamous or non-monogamous relationships" (Polyamory Dictionary). and yeah, i think a thread on that would be useful

i do feel welcome here, thank you. all these responses are very nice to see ^w^

hello. two of the terms i used, greyromantic and ambiamorous, aren't very well known. greyromantic "describes a person who feels romantic attraction very rarely, weakly, unreliably or gains/loses attraction in unusual or unknown circumstances" (AUREA). ambiamorous means "being open to either monogamous or non-monogamous relationships" (Polyamory Dictionary). and yeah, i think a thread on that would be useful

i do feel welcome here, thank you. all these responses are very nice to see ^w^

Firstly @fern_77 welcome to the Forums!
Thank you for the explanation of these words - they are new to me, but I continue to learn.

I am, however, not familiar with "^w^" - what does that mean. Google didnt help me

no problem. and yeah, the lyrics are good. if you don't mind me asking, why were you having a hard time getting your head around the concept? if there's something about it that you don't understand, i can explain it to you

I think it has to do with the difference in the meaning of 'Punk' from one generation to another.

My first thought was Guys in Lederhosen Slam dancing. But then I thought, that can't be right. Also, I tend to take a humorous line on things. So if you see the ' ;) ' at the end it's not completely serious.

polka-polka-dance.gif

;)

I have a thought for something that might be fun, and informative. I have problems with technology right now, but in general a android style phone will photo well enough to be able to read text, that is photo graphed.

I have a copy of the university course text book for
women's studies 120
I think it is called, from about 20 years ago. It was the original source for the definition of many terms in common use today. I'm going to do a book review on it, and cite from that source directly, then if you like you could provide a modern context.

You are supposed to sort of take turns in general but nobody really seems to care, as long as it's not excessive, or dominating another person's topic. You can totally write a book on the blogs, many have done so.

I like to think up catchy titles for threads, like a lippman, so I'm not sure what to call it yet, but I will let you know like this
@fern_77
When you use that syntax, it will give you a little tinkerbell thing.

Firstly @fern_77 welcome to the Forums!
Thank you for the explanation of these words - they are new to me, but I continue to learn.

I am, however, not familiar with "^w^" - what does that mean. Google didnt help me
no problem! also, "^w^" is a smiley face. the traditional colon and parenthesis is the most well known smiley that can be made on a keyboard, but i personally prefer "^w^". i think it looks cuter

I think it has to do with the difference in the meaning of 'Punk' from one generation to another.

My first thought was Guys in Lederhosen Slam dancing. But then I thought, that can't be right. Also, I tend to take a humorous line on things. So if you see the ' ;) ' at the end it's not completely serious.

View attachment 72528

;)
i see. thank you for explaining. in my generation, punk music typically has lots of guitars and drums. i'm not sure where you live, but that's what it's like in the us

New Threads

Top Bottom