• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Inappropriate Social Behaviour

I am basically inverse to the situation. But I do think I’m good in emergencies :cool:

I'm not good in emergencies unless I am medicated (which I am) but it is something I've noticed about my son who is also HFA/ASD1/whatever we are calling it these days He tends to leap into action.

I once talked down a gunman while two other people were frozen in fear. My mind goes into Vulcan Mode, you might say.

While I tear up at sappy stuff like a commercial if it resonates with me.

I'm not good in emergencies unless I am medicated (which I am) but it is something I've noticed about my son who is also HFA/ASD1/whatever we are calling it these days He tends to leap into action.

As i stated countless times in here This NPD diagnosis is HIGHLY individual.

As for me i can safely say from being in countless emergency situations that when its really time my mind switches automatically to GO mode and i dont really need to think it just happens.

& Clueless im just as lost as you are with this ever changing ASD (as well as al the other NPD and what not diagnosis that changes al the time :confused::confused:

I don’t touch strangers in general

God, I wish someone would have told my strangers that.

In fact, I wosh so eone had told me that sooner, so my strangers could not have gaslighted me about it.

In fact, I wosh so eone had told me that sooner, so my strangers could not have gaslighted me about it.

I don't understand what you are saying but I am very sorry you have been gaslighted. :-(

If it’s a hug you think’s coming:

Fold your arms or

Put your hands in your pockets or

Lean or take a slight step backwards or

Turn slightly to one side or

Thrust your hand shaking arm out to intercept them with a handshake.

Make body language less open or inviting.

I’ve only just read the definition of “gaslighting”
Nobody has an automatic entitlement to touch you.

[QUOTE="Clueless in Canada, post: 593150, member: 21801" I'm probably just tired but I am confused about how NPD got into this. Is it part of your diagnosis? I guess my username should be be Confused and Clueless in Canada.][/QUOTE]

NPF (it seems that they once again changed the name on this (sigh )
Neuropsychiatric disabilities
Neuropsychiatric disabilities (NPF) depend on how the brain works and works.

The most common disabilities are ADHD, ASD, Tourette's syndrome and language disorder. The various diagnoses are closely related and it is common for the same person to have several diagnoses. There is also high so-called co-morbidity, comorbidities, disorders and syndromes such as bipolar syndrome, anxiety disorder and depression.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Clueless in Canada, post: 593150, member: 21801" I'm probably just tired but I am confused about how NPD got into this. Is it part of your diagnosis? I guess my username should be be Confused and Clueless in Canada.]

NPF (it seems that they once again changed the name on this (sigh )
Neuropsychiatric disabilities
Neuropsychiatric disabilities (NPF) depend on how the brain works and works.

The most common disabilities are ADHD, ASD, Tourette's syndrome and language disorder. The various diagnoses are closely related and it is common for the same person to have several diagnoses. There is also high so-called co-morbidity, comorbidities, disorders and syndromes such as bipolar syndrome, anxiety disorder and depression.

[/QUOTE]

Oohhhh I thought you were talking about Narcissistic Personality Disorder. So many abbreviations in this world! Yes, my son and I both on the spectrum also have anxiety and Tourettes diagnoses and I also have CFS/ME.

Er yes another lovely member in here kindly pointed this out to me yesterday actually while in Pm discussion

BUT in my defense what i did was translating the SWEDISH definition wich is also as i said " Neoro Psychological Disorder or Diagnose. So yeah they seems to have too of the same diagnose over here as it seems our Swedish is NPD and NPF is as far as i understand the international version So TERRIBLY sorry for the misunderstanding :oops::oops::oops:

I interrupt too. I know I am getting the timing wrong as I am doing it but it's sort of like watching myself do and not being able to stop. I have not walked in between two talking people that I know of but I do misjudge the relationship between my own body and the people, objects and spaces around me. I blurt too but usually not too far off topic. Maybe your mind is just racing and putting together connections and you are taking bigger leaps than others do.

okay, l understand this, l have workedon not interrupting, you can fix this. This one guy completely overwhelmed and my social skills just went in the toliet. He has that effect on me, l just turn into to mush, gobblygook comes out of my mouth. One time he came downstairs, l left my wallet in the car, l am just overwhelmed seeing him, if l was a dog , l probably pee on his welcome mat. What l am trying to say is, are there certain types of situations or people that you notice you seem to lose control or not respond in a appro manner?

What l am trying to say is, are there certain types of situations or people that you notice you seem to lose control or not respond in a appro manner?

No, I don't think I've ever had that kind of experience and I am fairly sure I would remember if I had. Overwhelming situations cause fight, flight or freeze for me but I am not easily excited with pleasure which is what it sounds like you are describing. Perhaps I under-respond. BUT... As I think about this, the closest I can come to a similar situation is that I get super excited and hyper when I get to spend time with my adult son. I generally see him once a week but if a bit more time has gone by I will be excited. Then it's true that my functioning or performance is a little affected. I make mistakes, have accidents, chatter non-stop and if I happen to be driving a car this can be a wee bit problematic.

New Threads

Top Bottom