• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm doing a little better. Thank you for all your support.

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I just wanted to thank everyone for being willing enough to take the time out of their busy schedules to talk to me, offering your words of encouragement to me.

I realize that every time I post about being depressed or hitting a breaking point it scares all of you, and I also realize not everyone always has time to check on the health of an individual who may or may not be a thousand miles away. It's never my intention, but when I feel such horrible pain on the inside, all I can think about is to cry out for help. I always worry that the rest of you who see my posts get annoyed and aggravated rather than concerned, because I've done it so many times... but I don't know how else to ask for the help I need. I would have gone to the emergency room again, but I'm at a point in my life where I can't just drop everything I'm managing to go get rehabilitated; my girlfriend is about to travel here to my hometown, and if I'm in the hospital during that time, she'll think I just left and won't get to see me.

While it becomes increasingly difficult to come down from these cataclysmic panic attacks, coincidentally at the same time I have several things like my "Aloe" friend, among other things...

I am eternally grateful for all you people have done for me. If by some incredible chance I meet one of you in real life, I would be glad and honored to shake their hand.

Every time you get through the other side of these depressive episodes and you don't give up this serves to make you stronger. I know it may not seem like it - the feelings after panic attacks and depression are like a hangover. Your mind and body feel foggy, sore and exhausted.

Getting through each day is a small victory when it comes to mental health issues. Especially when you feel like you've hit rock bottom - just remember that when you feel at your worst, the only way is up.

Ed

You are an object lesson for hope. Just interacting here, there are so many people who care that you need never feel reticent about their support.

Hello @UberScout

It's OK to have to call for help when things are rough. That's why your mouth is bigger than your ear.

If anyone's annoyed & aggravated then that's a reflection of their character rather than your own. You've got a rough patch, you seem to have survived the tough bit, and it's great that you're still here and kicking. Give that girlfriend of yours someone to look forward to seeing.

Glad you're holding up.

Panic attacks and depression feel miserable, I know.
But, I've certainly lived long enough to know they get better and less with age.

So glad you're feeling better. Hang in and you'll see it will be much better.

New Threads

Top Bottom