• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Wrote A Book

Fino

Alex
V.I.P Member
It's a collection of stories, the first story being about how I became Christian, another story being about a law going into effect that allows assisted suicide for depressed people as long as they undergo 6 months of therapy, another story is about angels, and another story is about a pumpkin who doesn't want to be carved a face. There are also poems. It's called "Mostly About God"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XNVDDYX/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1614571137&sr=8-2

It's a collection of stories, the first story being about how I became Christian, another story being about a law going into effect that allows assisted suicide for depressed people as long as they undergo 6 months of therapy, another story is about angels, and another story is about a pumpkin who doesn't want to be carved a face. There are also poems. It's called "Mostly About God"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XNVDDYX/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1614571137&sr=8-2
Interesting book, I might check it out but, it’s on Amazon and to be honest, I’m not a fan of that corporation; maybe when it becomes more available elsewhere?

Excellent! I think I will buy one! :)

I am definitely going to get this!

The intro story reminded me of one of my own. I was stationed in South Carolina and if you live there you live with 'them'. Big ones too. You might fit 3 in the plam of your hand (if you were crazy enough to put them on your hand - I have, but only accidently, in the dark, in Puerto Rico - different story). In polite company you call them Palmetto Bugs.

I was sitting on the floor at one end of a dimly lit hallway in our duplex quarters in base housing. My 5-6 year old son was at the other end. We were playing with a small battery operated police car with blinking lights on top. Letting it run back and forth between us. The battery ran low I guess and it stopped half way between us, but the red and blue lights kept blinking. I was about to get up and get the car when out from under the door of a storage closet right beside the car comes the hugest Cockroach, I mean Palmetto bug in history. Being so big they sometimes do move slowly, lumbering along like a great Scarab Beetle. This one just ambled over to the car, briefly stopped, flicked its antennas and then crawled on top of the blinking lights. It was about half the size of the police car. Meanwhile my son and I just watched, half silent disgust and half in mesmerized fascination. It was like the bad special effects you see in really low budget 1950's horror movies. "I was a Teenage Cockroach!", etc. It did not seem in any hurry to leave so I did get up and it quickly scurried back from whence it came, somehow lowering itself to 1/3 it's normal height to fit under the door (hydraulics?).

As an aside I have come to respect all creatures as time passes, even the smallest. I do draw the line at house infestations, but some people do in fact keep certain species of large cockroaches as pets in controlled environments. One might be one called the Hissing Cockroach. They are very clever little creatures, and great survivors. Kind of the rats of the insect world. A thought does occur to me then does that make us the rats of the big animal world?

;)

Good job! Was it difficult getting published? What is the process like?

You can do it yourself through various organizations, one of them being Amazon. It just takes several hours of formatting, making the cover, making the back cover, writing descriptions, etc.

I am definitely going to get this!

The intro story reminded me of one of my own. I was stationed in South Carolina and if you live there you live with 'them'. Big ones too. You might fit 3 in the plam of your hand (if you were crazy enough to put them on your hand - I have, but only accidently, in the dark, in Puerto Rico - different story). In polite company you call them Palmetto Bugs.

I was sitting on the floor at one end of a dimly lit hallway in our duplex quarters in base housing. My 5-6 year old son was at the other end. We were playing with a small battery operated police car with blinking lights on top. Letting it run back and forth between us. The battery ran low I guess and it stopped half way between us, but the red and blue lights kept blinking. I was about to get up and get the car when out from under the door of a storage closet right beside the car comes the hugest Cockroach, I mean Palmetto bug in history. Being so big they sometimes do move slowly, lumbering along like a great Scarab Beetle. This one just ambled over to the car, briefly stopped, flicked its antennas and then crawled on top of the blinking lights. It was about half the size of the police car. Meanwhile my son and I just watched, half silent disgust and half in mesmerized fascination. It was like the bad special effects you see in really low budget 1950's horror movies. "I was a Teenage Cockroach!", etc. It did not seem in any hurry to leave so I did get up and it quickly scurried back from whence it came, somehow lowering itself to 1/3 it's normal height to fit under the door (hydraulics?).

As an aside I have come to respect all creatures as time passes, even the smallest. I do draw the line at house infestations, but some people do in fact keep certain species of large cockroaches as pets in controlled environments. One might be one called the Hissing Cockroach. They are very clever little creatures, and great survivors. Kind of the rats of the insect world. A thought does occur to me then does that make us the rats of the big animal world?

;)

Watched an anime recently where this all powerful physic refused to touch or be near one. He teleported to Hawaii instead.:p

New Threads

Top Bottom