• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Wrote A Book

You can do it yourself through various organizations, one of them being Amazon. It just takes several hours of formatting, making the cover, making the back cover, writing descriptions, etc.

I also imagine you need a certain amount of content and do you need to pay for the publishing? I remember someone on the spectrum, Talmer Shockley, said getting his book (The Love-Shy Survival Guide) published cost him his life savings and he sadly disappeared never to be heard from again. I sometimes think about creating enough short stories and seeing if I could get them published in a collection.

I also imagine you need a certain amount of content and do you need to pay for the publishing? I remember someone on the spectrum, Talmer Shockley, said getting his book (The Love-Shy Survival Guide) published cost him his life savings and he sadly disappeared never to be heard from again. I sometimes think about creating enough short stories and seeing if I could get them published in a collection.

Different places have different prices, but Amazon is free. And I don't think there's a minimum amount of content required, at least for Amazon. That's unfortunate that he spent his life savings. I wonder how he did it.

Congratulations!

A good children's story for you could be The Curious Case of Benjamin Duckin's.
As I remember your duck kept getting younger and younger.
OK, go ahead and say it, bad joke. ;)
duck.png

Anyone living in Florida has probably had a lot of experience with the Palmetto Bug roach.
I first encountered them when I moved here at age 21.
Woke up in the night to one biting my neck. Vampire roach?
They bite, they fly, they stink and carry salmonella.
Just to let people know.

They are jokingly called the state bird of Florida!

It's a collection of stories, the first story being about how I became Christian, another story being about a law going into effect that allows assisted suicide for depressed people as long as they undergo 6 months of therapy, another story is about angels, and another story is about a pumpkin who doesn't want to be carved a face. There are also poems. It's called "Mostly About God"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XNVDDYX/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1614571137&sr=8-2
Could I buy one any where else? don't buy anything from Amazon,id like to get it as I support a UK campaign for assisted death and could tell them about it, in the UK the law would be for terminal illness only.

Could I buy one any where else? don't buy anything from Amazon,id like to get it as I support a UK campaign for assisted death and could tell them about it, in the UK the law would be for terminal illness only.

You could buy the Ebook from Kindle. That's separate from Amazon, right?

Congrats looks very interesting:)

Update just ordered the kindle edition an am looking though it looks so amazing

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom