• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I think most people are secretly bisexual

Sabrina

Gentle & brave earthling
I’ve had that thought since forever and I have never shared it, this is the first time.

I believe most people are secretly bisexual, and that there’s just a minority that is 100% heterosexual and 100% homosexual.

I know it’s a polemic thought, that’s why I’ve never shared it before, but this seems to be an appropriate crowd.

I am mostly attracted to men, but I’ve been occasionally attracted to women. I can see beauty inside and out, and when I do, I feel attracted to that person. I can’t believe that I’m the exception, and that most people only see beauty in the opposite sex. It’s not logical. If there is beauty in a person, and you feel happy with that person, I don’t see how sex would matter, except for procreation. Of course, my not understanding this issue might be due to the fact that it’s hard for me to be in somebody else’s shoes.

I’d like to hear your thoughts in the matter.

Only a little bit bisexual. I can find other men sexually attractive, but I probably won't seek a relationship or sexual relations with them. I will fantasize about it, though. :p

I may or may not have threatened to sodomize many, many men with a cactus in times past, does that count? :p

Butt seriously, from what I've read everyone experiences homosexual desires and fantasies, even if just infrequently. I'm secure enough in my masculinity to admit that I've had such desires before. Like, Axl Rose before he got fat? If they ever invent the time machine, I will go back in time and do things I would probably get in trouble for posting. He was a cutie-pie.

I've mainly considered myself heterosexual. I think you can find other members of the same gender attractive but that doesn't mean you wish to pursue things with them.

That would give MGTOW a whole new meaning. I'm sure a lot of men would prefer to be gay, or bisexual given the current state of the dating climate and the amount of false rape accusations going on now.

I've had at least one girlfriend I knew from the beginning who was bisexual.

It was just never an issue to me. But then deep down I always knew there was something different about myself as well. Just not my sexuality. It just took a lifetime to figure out.

Whether or not the others were bi....hmmm. No idea.

Last edited:
I consider myself asexual, but, there have been a few women I found very attractive and drawn to.
Usually a celebrity.
Don't know if I had the opportunity to have been with them in real life if I would have felt any sexual desires, but, I've seen a couple that gets my motor running.
I think it is because they epitomise my idea of a "ten" in most everyway.
Looks, personality,attitude, dress, fame, etc.
The one I found most appealing was a singer that drew that type of audience where guys and girls were
all going crazy at her every move. Sure I would have been the same had I been in the audience.
So don't know if it is a sexual draw or star struck admiration.

Most people. And this theory of yours is based on exactly -- what? Research? Are you an authority on sexuality? Anyone can spout opinions about anything, but that doesn't give them any value.

I don't think so. Many, most of my generation were hetero. The increase is cultural/generational perhaps.

I have noticed this a lot among women I've worked with and I've seen studies that suggest as a rule women are more open sexually. They seem very flexible in who they are willing to date, especially as they get older (changing hormones during/after menopause possibly has some effect). I think I would fall into the 'definitely heterosexual' group though. I will notice if a woman is attractive from a purely aesthetic point of view and sometimes I'll meet women that I find interesting and funny and I'll enjoy hanging out with them. But I've never seen/met another women that I had any interest in having sex with or even kissing. If someone held a gun to my head, then I could probably do it if I imagined I was with a man. But it's not something I would voluntarily get involved in. Having said that, I have joked many times that I'd like a mail order bride to do my housework! If it was a purely asexual arrangement, then a wife would make my day to day existence much easier! And I'd be fine with her having affairs with random people, because I'm nice like that! :D

I like men though. Even if I'm not physically attracted to a man, I'll still prefer his company over that of most women (at least NT women, which is the majority of those I meet). I usually find women very complicated, overly dramatic and difficult to understand and I imagine living with one 24/7 would drive me nuts very quickly! We rarely have anything to talk about and it just feels awkward. I had female flatmates in uni and the social politics was ridiculous at times. One was very pretty and looked like Kendall Jenner, but I still had zero interest in dating her. Women just don't do anything for me.

I think what you may be referring to, to an extent, is Heteroflexibility. Basically means your 90% Straight, 10% Gay

Homoflexibility also exists, and, respectively, is the other way around: 90% Gay, 10% Straight

Heteroflexibility - Wikipedia

I love those terms! but never heard of them. I have been with several 100% gay-identified males, and that gave them serious cause to question their identified sexuality. They enjoyed our sexual experiences together and I did also. Straight hetero identified men tend to be unimaginative (as a general rule, but not all) and very “vanilla” when it comes to sex.

I am just extremely exhausted by society assuming that an androgynous female equals lesbian. That’s just so ignorant. Or, that all feminine looking/acting men are into having male on male sex. These assumptions just must stop.

Last edited:
I have noticed this a lot among women I've worked with and I've seen studies that suggest as a rule women are more open sexually. They seem very flexible in who they are willing to date, especially as they get older (changing hormones during/after menopause possibly has some effect). I think I would fall into the 'definitely heterosexual' group though. I will notice if a woman is attractive from a purely aesthetic point of view and sometimes I'll meet women that I find interesting and funny and I'll enjoy hanging out with them. But I've never seen/met another women that I had any interest in having sex with or even kissing. If someone held a gun to my head, then I could probably do it if I imagined I was with a man. But it's not something I would voluntarily get involved in. Having said that, I have joked many times that I'd like a mail order bride to do my housework! If it was a purely asexual arrangement, then a wife would make my day to day existence much easier! And I'd be fine with her having affairs with random people, because I'm nice like that! :D

I like men though. Even if I'm not physically attracted to a man, I'll still prefer his company over that of most women (at least NT women, which is the majority of those I meet). I usually find women very complicated, overly dramatic and difficult to understand and I imagine living with one 24/7 would drive me nuts very quickly! We rarely have anything to talk about and it just feels awkward. I had female flatmates in uni and the social politics was ridiculous at times. One was very pretty and looked like Kendall Jenner, but I still had zero interest in dating her. Women just don't do anything for me.

The one thing I don't like about the whole "women are more sexually fluid" theory is that creepy guys will use that as an excuse to harass and bully lesbians into having sex with them. I don't even really buy the theory anyways. I feel that the reason why women tend to openly experiment more than men is because our society seems to accept it more. The drunk straight girl stereotype doesn't exist from nowhere. I feel like it's not as socially acceptable for men to experiment with other men without being labelled and stigmatized, so it discourages men from being as open about it.

The one thing I don't like about the whole "women are more sexually fluid" theory is that creepy guys will use that as an excuse to harass and bully lesbians into having sex with them. I don't even really buy the theory anyways. I feel that the reason why women tend to openly experiment more than men is because our society seems to accept it more. The drunk straight girl stereotype doesn't exist from nowhere. I feel like it's not as socially acceptable for men to experiment with other men without being labelled and stigmatized, so it discourages men from being as open about it.

Not to mention that a whole lot of “straight men” find the whole girl on girl lesbian” sex fantasy hot. So the myth is continually perpetrated.

Whilst there is a considerable stigma surrounding bisexuality, I do not believe that bisexuals make up the majority. Heterosexuality is the most common. Someone once said to me "gay men are disliked because they like men, lesbians are disliked because they don't", and now and then I think about that statement. Anecdotally, I am a part of an LGBT forum and have been for a few years. I've noticed this is often the case when comparing "I think I might be gay" type posts from female users to male members.

A common misconception regarding human sexuality is that all women are bisexual, and men are either straight or gay.

I once had a friend whom was bisexual, but he identified as straight despite saying that he is sexually attracted to both men and women. His reasoning was that he had more interest in women and felt like he didn't fit in the LGBT community as a result. Unfortunately, in some corners of the community there is a considerable amount of biphobia. Some individuals use the term "bi-het" (bisexual heterosexual) to shame bisexual members of the community who happen to prefer the opposite sex. They do so because they believe that such individuals get what they refer to as "straight privilege" and aren't oppressed enough to be a part of the community. :rolleyes: Which is just ridiculous. The term bisexual heterosexual is silly as well, you can't be heterosexual and bisexual at the same time by definition.

Perhaps it should be noted that there does seem to be a disproportionate amount of women identifying as "predominately heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual" (or a Kinsey 2, if you prefer) whereas men that refer to themselves as bisexual tend to be the opposite "predominately homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual". (Kinsey 4).

I could speculate that there is more pressure on men to be either straight or gay due to the fact that homosexual men are often assumed to be weak and feminine. Put it this way, if you're already rejected from society then you have less of a reason to hesitate potentially taking on an identity that could bring rejection (For example; if you've identified as gay man for most of your life but suddenly find yourself in love with a woman, then identifying as bisexual isn't that much of a leap. But if you've identified as a straight man and find yourself in love with another man that can be quite scary, going from a majority identity to that of a minority).

Although, having said that it could also be worrying for a man who identified as gay but suddenly finds his attractions to be closer to bisexuality, since some gay men are biased against bisexual men so he'd likely find himself facing new kinds of prejudice.

Interestingly, women who are bisexual but happen to prefer the opposite sex seem less hesitant to take on the bisexual label. Lesbians are often stereotyped as masculine or butch, however the same cannot be said for how society views bisexual women. This is where the main difference lies, bisexual men are often assumed to be gay and in denial (and still somewhat gender non-conforming) whereas bisexual women are typically portrayed in a fashion similar to how straight women usually are.

A frequent assumption made about bisexual women is that they make out or have sex with other women as a way to allure men. They are shown as feminine, and the underlying misconception is that women don't act the way they do for personal satisfaction, but as a means to please men and gain their attention.

Such views are nothing new, female sexuality in the past has been assumed to be non-existent and that women only have sex with men because it makes men happy instead of because the woman enjoys it herself. That all men are hypersexual and women asexual. However, the reality is quite different.

Personally, I am a homosexual/gay woman. Sometimes people assume that I am a lesbian because I must've had bad experiences with men or that I'm a misandrist for some reason. However, not feeling sexual attraction to a certain sex doesn't not mean that you hate everyone who happens to be of that sex. It just means you don't find them sexually attractive.

There are some individuals who refer to themselves as "Political Lesbians" and I think this is potentially where the stereotype of lesbians hating men comes from. In some radical/extremist strains of feminism it is believed that dating men is oppressive and those who believe this refer to themselves as "Political Lesbians" and only date women to make a statement. The main difference between "Political Lesbians" and regular lesbians is that regular lesbians date women because they are attracted to them, where "Political Lesbians" do so to try and make some kind of point.

Now, although some circles believe that gay men are all misogynistic, I would say that the belief that lesbians are misandrists tends to be more common/ widespread in comparison. Women are thought to either be;

A) Straight.

B) Still straight, but acts in a bisexual manner to get men.

C) Straight, but hates men and dates women as revenge.

Whereas men;

A) Straight.

B) Actually gay but in denial.

C) Gay or just dates men because he thinks women are inferior.

Whilst there is a considerable stigma surrounding bisexuality, I do not believe that bisexuals make up the majority. Heterosexuality is the most common. Someone once said to me "gay men are disliked because they like men, lesbians are disliked because they don't", and now and then I think about that statement. Anecdotally, I am a part of an LGBT forum and have been for a few years. I've noticed this is often the case when comparing "I think I might be gay" type posts from female users to male members.

A common misconception regarding human sexuality is that all women are bisexual, and men are either straight or gay.

I once had a friend whom was bisexual, but he identified as straight despite saying that he is sexually attracted to both men and women. His reasoning was that he had more interest in women and felt like he didn't fit in the LGBT community as a result. Unfortunately, in some corners of the community there is a considerable amount of biphobia. Some individuals use the term "bi-het" (bisexual heterosexual) to shame bisexual members of the community who happen to prefer the opposite sex. They do so because they believe that such individuals get what they refer to as "straight privilege" and aren't oppressed enough to be a part of the community. :rolleyes: Which is just ridiculous. The term bisexual heterosexual is silly as well, you can't be heterosexual and bisexual at the same time by definition.

Perhaps it should be noted that there does seem to be a disproportionate amount of women identifying as "predominately heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual" (or a Kinsey 2, if you prefer) whereas men that refer to themselves as bisexual tend to be the opposite "predominately homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual". (Kinsey 4).

I could speculate that there is more pressure on men to be either straight or gay due to the fact that homosexual men are often assumed to be weak and feminine. Put it this way, if you're already rejected from society then you have less of a reason to hesitate potentially taking on an identity that could bring rejection (For example; if you've identified as gay man for most of your life but suddenly find yourself in love with a woman, then identifying as bisexual isn't that much of a leap. But if you've identified as a straight man and find yourself in love with another man that can be quite scary, going from a majority identity to that of a minority).

Although, having said that it could also be worrying for a man who identified as gay but suddenly finds his attractions to be closer to bisexuality, since some gay men are biased against bisexual men so he'd likely find himself facing new kinds of prejudice.

Interestingly, women who are bisexual but happen to prefer the opposite sex seem less hesitant to take on the bisexual label. Lesbians are often stereotyped as masculine or butch, however the same cannot be said for how society views bisexual women. This is where the main difference lies, bisexual men are often assumed to be gay and in denial (and still somewhat gender non-conforming) whereas bisexual women are typically portrayed in a fashion similar to how straight women usually are.

A frequent assumption made about bisexual women is that they make out or have sex with other women as a way to allure men. They are shown as feminine, and the underlying misconception is that women don't act the way they do for personal satisfaction, but as a means to please men and gain their attention.

Such views are nothing new, female sexuality in the past has been assumed to be non-existent and that women only have sex with men because it makes men happy instead of because the woman enjoys it herself. That all men are hypersexual and women asexual. However, the reality is quite different.

Personally, I am a homosexual/gay woman. Sometimes people assume that I am a lesbian because I must've had bad experiences with men or that I'm a misandrist for some reason. However, not feeling sexual attraction to a certain sex doesn't not mean that you hate everyone who happens to be of that sex. It just means you don't find them sexually attractive.

There are some individuals who refer to themselves as "Political Lesbians" and I think this is potentially where the stereotype of lesbians hating men comes from. In some radical/extremist strains of feminism it is believed that dating men is oppressive and those who believe this refer to themselves as "Political Lesbians" and only date women to make a statement. The main difference between "Political Lesbians" and regular lesbians is that regular lesbians date women because they are attracted to them, where "Political Lesbians" do so to try and make some kind of point.

Now, although some circles believe that gay men are all misogynistic, I would say that the belief that lesbians are misandrists tends to be more common/ widespread in comparison. Women are thought to either be;

A) Straight.

Whereas men;

A) Straight.

It is rather sad that female sexuality isn't really taken seriously or respected by the mainstream yet. It's only regarded as valid if it in some way gratifies men.

I am one of the 100% hetrosexual.

I was touched sexually by one of my sisters, but it repulsed me and I have NEVER felt sexually drawn to another female or females in general. Oh, I can admire a pretty female and think she looks great in such a such, but to want to be intimate with her, is just a huge no no, for me.

You sound like my deceased brother in law and what he said to me once. He was gay and said that he secretly thinks every man is gay and I laughed and said: what, even your brother and he said yes, even my husband and again I laughed and said: nice try; but he is a hetrosexual as could be.

I was in a discussion with an ex female friend and she was going through a gay moment and she asked me if I liked the female gentilia and I said: crumbs no; I can't even stand my own womanhood; find they gross looking. Are you attracted to the male gentilia and I said: I think they are strange looking, but yes, I can feel a reaction when I see my husband's and she said: then you are not gay or bi.

I speculate that there is more pressure on men to be either straight or gay due to the fact that homosexual men are often assumed to be weak and feminine. Put it this way, if you're already rejected from society then you have less of a reason to hesitate potentially taking on an identity that could bring rejection (For example; if you've identified as gay man for most of your life but suddenly find yourself in love with a woman, then identifying as bisexual isn't that much of a leap. But if you've identified as a straight man and find yourself in love with another man that can be quite scary, going from a majority identity to that of a minority).

A) Straight.

Whereas men;

A) Straight.

Fabulous post! I agree with much of what you said. The hatred and exclusion within the various factions is very real and saddening. I think, humans are in the animal kingdom, and that kingdom is rife with all forms of sexuality. We are sexual in all ways, and have natural diversities in all ways too.

However, you also left out trans-identified and or gender bending folk, and are the most misunderstood and often excluded by ALL the various groups. We confuse everyone with not only gender, but our looks. I consider myself somewhere in a “middle” and do not accept any labels for myself. The assumptions made by people of any sexual/ all various persuasions can be hilarious, completely ignorant, untrue, and also misguided.

There is no simplicity to any of these topics. I object to the simplistic thinking of only three types of men you put into the last categories. I guess society does not really give any it much thought. How sad. Masculine females are thought to be “dyke” butch lesbians. Lesbians hate all men. Feminine men are assumed to be gay homosexuals. Gay men like to dress in women’s clothing. Strong masculine males are heterosexual. Bisexual males are “turning gay.” All these are often untrue, and often utter nonsense. Not to mention the worst one of all - that gay people are pedophiles. My gosh, we do not go around saying that straight men are all rapists, do we? It’s utter craziness. It’s also crazy that gay men call women “fish.” TheRe is untruths hurled from all sides of these issues.

I have never met a female who was straight that dated other women “to get revenge.” Is this a 21st Century thing? It’s very odd. Would a gay man date a female to get revenge on his former lover? I never saw that. I have many times seen a male “come out” to his wife and family after decades of deception. It usually brings the heartbreaking end of the family. The wife cannot deal with it. Wives also leave sometimes because of the crossdressing issues - of their straight hetero husbands.

Political lesbians were very strong and visible in the 1970s and 80s. I never got along with any females back then, and these older dykes were very off putting and scary serious beings. But I now understand it, after reading Leslie Fienburg’s “Stone Butch Blues” how that all happened and why.

They hated others for identifying as a gay male when they were born female. Called that person a “traitor to sisterhood.” Many gay men could not (can not) accept such a thing either. One is a traitor to the cause if they switch gender, or sexual persuasions, and become something else. Some gays hate FTMs for being born different. (Though now, it’s suddenly fashionable and accepted in some circles!)

Lesbians confused, gays confused, and everyone else clueless. Everyone is judgemental and brutal. Lesbians have usually been way more accepting of FTMS, then gay men have been to feminine MTFs. Women accept MTFS and cross dressers more then the male acceptance of females wanting to live as males. Not all though, as some think the male to female is a sexual predator dressed up to gain the trust of females. Warped, judgemental thinking colors their views.

There is a huge block between acceptances within these niche communities. Many gays abhorr the serious male to female crossdresser, or transsexual. They exclude him/her from their clubs. Called an aborration to the gay community. Some, but not all, want to change the straight male to become gay also. Everything adores the campiness of RuPauls Drag Race, as long as men keep their genitals, no matter how feminine they become.

Off putting too were the various classifications of gay men and how they treated each other. Twinks, Fems, Trannies, .... exclusionary clubs based on just how you looked, walked, and acted. Gay men so masculine they pass as straight. Truckers, cowboys, leather “daddys,” “pups” & “pigs.” Gay men, except when they go home to their wives and children, who live lies as to who they are. But no different really, then the husband who is paying for sex on the way home from work or hanging out at the strip clubs- no?

Everybody falls into different groups and not accepted. Actually beat up for being in the wrong type gay club! Then beat up for being out in the straight world too! Hope it’s all changing and more accepting of diversity these days, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom