• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

i made a poll

Dark, milk, or white chocolate?

• Total voters

mysterionz

oh hamburgers!
V.I.P Member
this is for @georgiagalaxy.

go to the AF homepage by tapping the AF logo up top, then navigate to the post thread button. Toggle to poll and then you’re all set.

I like milk chocolate. Cadbury's is best in my opinion. I don't mind dark chocolate occasionally. Like Luca, white chocolate makes me feel quite sick. I only ever eat it if I have super low blood sugar and it's the only thing available.

All of the above. Dark chocolate for snacking on. Chocolate chip cookies with milk chocolate chunks. Chocolate cookies with the white chocolate chunks. I like it all. :)

Can't beat orange-infused dark chocolate. It's like eating a rainbow. I also like milk chocolate. White chocolate is just weird. It goes against nature, chocolate is not supposed to be white. :)

Has anyone followed the recent revelation from Consumer Reports' laboratory analyses about the heavy metals in most of the dark chocolate sold in the US? The study has not yet been peer reviewed, but Trader Joe immediately pulled its dark chocolate off the shelves.

People are jokingly calling Cadbury dark chocolate "cadmium-bury chocolate." Lead, cadmium and other heavy metal content is high in most dark chocolate. The contamination is believed to be naturally occurring in the soils in which cocoa trees are grown and windblown dust on drying chocolate pods. There are some "safer" brands of dark chocolate, but you'll need to search them out.

Milk chocolate contains far less heavy metal contamination. And white chocolate isn't really chocolate at all!

LOL. Truth is that I enjoy all types of chocolate, though I tend to consume milk chocolate more than others.

But in the last few years I've become acutely aware of how bad it is for me to drink caffeinated coffee and eat lots of chocolate in the same 24 hour period. Might as well be on speed. :eek:

But it's so good that it's worth it. It could be radioactive, I still want it. ;)

If you're craving radioactivity, eat lots of bananas and Brazil nuts, both high in radionuclides. Again, it's in the soil and the plants bioaccumulate it in their leaves and fruits.

If you're craving arsenic, eat American-grown rice. Plenty of arsenic for everyone, thanks to past agricultural practices of poisoning the soil to prevent weeds.

If you're craving radioactivity, eat lots of bananas and Brazil nuts, both high in radionuclides. Again, it's in the soil and the plants bioaccumulate it in their leaves and fruits.

If you're craving arsenic, eat American-grown rice. Plenty of arsenic for everyone, thanks to past agricultural practices of poisoning the soil to prevent weeds.

I was actually eating a banana now when I saw your post... lol Radioactive bananas? I don't like the sound of that.

I was actually eating a banana now when I saw your post... lol Radioactive bananas? I don't like the sound of that.
I wonder if produce firms still use the same methods to ripen large quantities of bananas?

Not quite radioactive, but just as lethal.

But then seeing food processing up close and personal can be devastating. Especially when you have to underwrite them for products liability as an insurer. :eek:

Upton Sinclair, RIP. He wasn't joking.

I wonder if produce firms still use the same methods to ripen large quantities of bananas?

Not quite radioactive, but just as lethal.

But then seeing food processing up close and personal can be devastating. Especially when you have to underwrite them for products liability as an insurer. :eek:

Upton Sinclair, RIP. He wasn't joking.

I remember seeing something on the Discovery channel about ripening bananas with gas , but I don't remember what gas it was.

You'd have to eat a boatload of bananas in one sitting to be concerned. There are contaminants in virtually all food and we all need healthy nutritional benefits of the food so don't be alarmed about it.

The US Food & Drug Administration, or some subset thereof, publishes an annual list of the "dirty dozen" which are the fruits and vegetables with the highest amount of pesticide residues. There is also something called the "clean fifteen" which is a list of foods with the least amount of pesticide residue.

If you're seriously concerned, buy organic (whatever that means) for the dirty dozen and don't waste your money buying organic versions of the clean fifteen fruits and vegetables. Strawberries, spinach and kale usually are at the top of the dirty dozen list, and avocados are at the top of the clean fifteen list.

Personally, I think the best advice is to eat a variety and plenty of fruits and vegetables and don't freak out over potential contaminates. It's just interesting to learn about these things. :)

Wow, I left the chocolate thread and I came back to the radioactive banana thread. You never know which way the threads are going to turn!

New Threads

Top Bottom