• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

i made a poll

Dark, milk, or white chocolate?

• Total voters
Wow, I left the chocolate thread and I came back to the radioactive banana thread. You never know which way the threads are going to turn!
We're working on creating Frankenstein's Sundae. ;)

No doubt brought to you literally by Norfolk Southern Railway. The choo-choo on a roll being off the rails. :eek:

Last edited:
I wonder if produce firms still use the same methods to ripen large quantities of bananas?

Not quite radioactive, but just as lethal.

But then seeing food processing up close and personal can be devastating. Especially when you have to underwrite them for products liability as an insurer. :eek:

Upton Sinclair, RIP. He wasn't joking.

I suspect Gerber Baby Foods pulled its rice cereal for infants off the market after the insurer reviewed a lab analysis of its contents. Gerber's rice cereal probably was the first solid food I fed my children, starting around 3 months old. o_O

I suspect Gerber Baby Foods pulled its rice cereal for infants off the market after the insurer reviewed a lab analysis of its contents. Gerber's rice cereal probably was the first solid food I fed my children, starting around 3 months old. o_O
Sounds familiar. Except in the case of the insurance company I once worked for, the management could be and has been bribed. The result of an agency-writing insurer who on occasion had to make "concessions" to those independent insurance agents who brought in the most premiums and least losses.

Where our inspectors caught a confectionery retailer some of you may know who were making candy bars under some pretty gross and alarming conditions. But their insurance agent had so much clout they were able to prevent us from non-renewing their commercial package policy. Plus the underwriting staff got a whole lot of free samples. At least those samples seemed to be free of foreign objects.

Sounds familiar. Except in the case of the insurance company I once worked for, the management could be and has been bribed. The result of an agency-writing insurer who on occasion had to make "concessions" to those independent insurance agents who brought in the most premiums and least losses.

Where our inspectors caught a confectionery retailer some of you may know who were making candy bars under some pretty gross and alarming conditions. But their insurance agent had so much clout they were able to prevent us from non-renewing their commercial package policy. Plus the underwriting staff got a whole lot of free samples. At least those samples seemed to be free of foreign objects.

As an environmental attorney, I saw many instances of what I call "greenwashing" of products and insurance companies who funded so-called expert studies of same to prove that they are benign. I saw a lot of these studies coming from universities with big funding and grants from the providers of those products to, uh, ... study their safety and publish their findings.

What about matcha green thee chocolate?
DSC03143-1024x575.jpg

What about matcha green thee chocolate?
DSC03143-1024x575.jpg
Me: "So Chuck, what do you think it actually is?"
Charlton Heston: "Really? You don't want to know."
Me: "Must have been a real people-pleaser."
Charlton Heston: "You could say that."

Isn’t white chocolate actually just the fat from chocolate without any of the cocoa?

Don’t get me wrong, I can eat it by the handfuls. Don’t understand you folks who don’t like it. It’s pure sugar and fat… Our ancestors would’ve killed for this stuff.

Isn’t white chocolate actually just the fat from chocolate without any of the cocoa?

Don’t get me wrong, I can eat it by the handfuls. Don’t understand you folks who don’t like it. It’s pure sugar and fat… Our ancestors would’ve killed for this stuff.

That's the thing about it, it reminds me of lard. Mmmm, lard. Delish. ;) I have nothing against it or people who eat it, it just seems so strange. White chocolate... everything I have learned tells me chocolate is brown. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom