• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I just want some attention.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I want to get it without drama.

Weekends are full of isolation for me.

Say, if I were to throw an Aspies only BBQ, who would attend?

Trying not to turn to the bottle this weekend. So I figured I might as well be blunt and admit what I want.

Damn, maybe I should buy that bicycle this week.

Come visit me, people. I have cigars, movies and video games! Don’t leave me here all alone!

OK, maybe that last paragraph was a bit dramatic.

Talking of dramas, I watch Korean dramas to ward off that horrible sense of loneliness.

I am married, but spent most of my time on my own and live in a small village in France and have agrophobia; plus social anxiety, so cannot just go out and mingle with people.

But, with those dramas, I get what I need and my faith.

Talking of dramas, I watch Korean dramas to ward off that horrible sense of loneliness.

I am married, but spent most of my time on my own and live in a small village in France and have agrophobia; plus social anxiety, so cannot just go out and mingle with people.

But, with those dramas, I get what I need and my faith.

I spent most of today watching James Bond movies. I wish I had somebody here to watch them with me. Dalton is my favorite Bond.

With enough notice, and depending on transport logistics, I'm open to the idea of a meetup in a major PNW city.

Sure, I'd go to the BBQ as long if the food was good and not too unhealthy.

Are any hot people coming? Maybe I could practice some seductive social skills.

I love Bond movies. Why are we so alike? We need a convention of us. That would be Kool on so many levels. Who wants to organize this? A city and hotel that would leave everyone comfortable.

I need some attention too honestly. Iv been alone for the past 6 years. I would love to BBQ and movies with you that sounds like fun. When i actually had IRL friends we used to have a "movie night" where we would all meet up, binge drink and watch a bunch of my crazy J and K horror films. Fun times, would do again (save for the whole getting drunk thing)

I know what you mean, i also watch kdramas and cdramas and read all the time to distract myself from the loneliness.

It would be great to be able to attend an aspie only bbq, sounds really fun!

I feel this. The last time I properly hung out with a friend was in 2018 haha. It's difficult to manage when no one is in the same country as you. My family is nice though, I'm not all alone. Just can't exactly be myself around them.

If you threw an Aspies only BBQ I am not sure I would be invited. Is not being NT enough? Or can I be an honorary Aspie for an evening?

There is an Adult Asperger's Meetup group where I live.
The meetup is held every Saturday.
With Covid, the meetings became virtual, but now it alternates between virtual and in person (every other Saturday) at a local coffee shop. I don't do virtual meetups so I only go to the in person ones. Always great meetings.
Have you checked with Meetup in your area. Perhaps there is a group or perhaps you could create one?

If you threw an Aspies only BBQ I am not sure I would be invited. Is not being NT enough? Or can I be an honorary Aspie for an evening?

Given that you're a part time space alien, you already are an honorary Aspie. Do enough space miles and you could get full membership, plus an Aspie space ship window badge, no diagnosis required.

Well, I just had a BBQ for one. I grilled myself a New York steak and some fresh asparagus. I kinda want some red wine to go with it, but that would be a horrible idea, so I will not.

you look very docile. I would join the bbq. but usually I need some time to warm up and to speak to other people, especially when I don´t know them and especially group contact. usually I can not speak that much, just say hello and stand or sit there and listen to others and observe my environment.

and sometimes when noone talks to me or thinks that I´m just a rude person, I feel very lonely and excluded and don´t enjoy the meeting. not talking sometimes does not mean that I don´t want to talk, it means that I´m not able to talk or don´t know how. when I don´t want to talk, I won´t go to a meeting. but most people don´t understand or know this.

sometimes I could speak for hours, sometimes I speak just a few words.

it would be great to meet some people here, but distances are too far.

but zoom meeting or something like that would be theoretically possible. and everyone could make his own bbq and eat it "with" the others.

watch a bunch of my crazy J and K horror films.

I would not a watch a horror movie, unless I could cuddle with a girlfriend, because otherwise I would be too scared : P

Last edited:
Well, I just had a BBQ for one. I grilled myself a New York steak and some fresh asparagus. I kinda want some red wine to go with it, but that would be a horrible idea, so I will not.

Something non-alcoholic that tickles similar flavour receptors is unsweetened sour cherry juice, which you can have straight or dilute with water. Also wonderfully deep red and full of antioxidants. Looks the deal in a wine glass too and is something of a palate cleanser, great with cheese as well. :)

Cranberry juice can be good too but tends to be oversweetened. But half half with water I find it pretty good.

With love from an ND hobbit.

I have been listening to this song on loop. It is now one of my favorite songs of all-time, and it is definitely the best song Ghost ever did.

New Threads

Top Bottom