• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I drank diluted dish soap in my squash!!??

I think there was some left over in the cup after it had been washed

I had about 2 gulps

I’m mega anxious should I be ok!!??
General advice includes rinsing your mouth out and drinking plain water. Likely outcomes for a small amount are upset stomach and diarrhea. But, it really depends how much you ingested. If you are concerned, you can always call poison control and they can talk you through it.

I assume you mean dishsoap like the kind you would use when you wash by hand? That is probably more safe than the type for a dishwasher.

Think of all the children in all of the world who have had to place soap in their mouths after saying a naughty word. I think you will be fine.

@AHHidrankdishsoap,
I agree with the previous posters on this question, but are you sure that this incident warrants it being your login name (once you get it resolved)...?
Let Me Call You Sweetheart, Alfalfa/The Little Rascals (1937)

Diluted dish soap is not a serious poison. You wouldn't have got past the first gulp if it weren't highly diluted. And you'd spit it out. It can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea if consumed in quantity. If you don't feel these things by now, you're fine.

Side note: When I was a kid, washing one's mouth out with soap was a common punishment for bad language.

Dishwasher or laundry detergent can cause burning in the throat going down. You'd know instantly. But if it is diluted enough, you might be able to choke it down. And then there are the idiots chomping on Tide Pods.

Why are you posting here when poison control would be a much better bet? o_O

I think there was some left over in the cup after it had been washed

I had about 2 gulps

I’m mega anxious should I be ok!!??
I have done that before.
Even in the sense sometimes you think there is a bit in the cup.
Just see what happens when I get nervous about food and things I pray to God.
I believe you will be fine.
But if you start to feel really sick just see if you can phone nurse on call or something for some reassurance.
You'll probably be fine.

Rodafina is right, unless you were actually drinking from the bottle it's not going to do you much harm. Worst case scenario is that your food will go straight through you for a couple of days. If you're someone who does suffer from stomach upsets often then maybe consider taking a culture replenishing yoghurt like Yakult.

Yakult-bottle.jpg

Rodafina is right, unless you were actually drinking from the bottle it's not going to do you much harm. Worst case scenario is that your food will go straight through you for a couple of days. If you're someone who does suffer from stomach upsets often then maybe consider taking a culture replenishing yoghurt like Yakult.

View attachment 123546
Yummy! Yukult is so sweet and so yum!

New Threads

Top Bottom