• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hyper Creative Times

FlowerFlo

I am sometimes what i call hyper creative. If that happens i tend to get new creative ideas very fast and i am faster when creating something aswell but only for around a day. Has anybody else simliar experiences?

I love those times. A friend pushed me a little to be more creative, so in the past week or so, even though I've been sorta sick, I started a loom project, a crocheted blanket, did some drawing, and worked on a story and also my herb website. We also made really creative dinners too!

I think today while my daughter is gone, I may cook down hawthorn berries into a solid extract (kind of a heavy caramel like syrup) for asthma.

Happens to me sometimes :)
When I’m like that I can make a painting in about two hours. Normally it takes several.

i used to exprience that quite often. i seem to have lost my mojo though. When I was a teen I was going to go to design school, I made an appointment with addmissions for portfolio review but when I went in I was so over whelmed that I had a shut down and left. My creative mojo has been a flicker ever since. :(

I had those when writing--and will sit down in one spot writing and writing until I fall asleep. The "creative mojo" such as it is needs a little boost now & then--That's the great thing about art. Go enjoy some good art & boost your creativity.

I love those times. I have found that I can be very creative when these conditions all line up:

1) I am well rested.
2) I am happy - not stressed, anxious, or preoccupied about anything.
3) I have free time, or I'm bored.

I don't know if it's because of pandemic-related trauma or burnout or writer's/artist's/cartoonist's block or whatever, but I feel my creativity is at an all-time low right now. And when I do try to draw something or make a craft I feel it looks stupid and amateurish and there's a million mistakes and I should just throw it away. Even worse is all the people saying to take up new hobbies or asking what hobbies people have taken up since the pandemic. Trying to take up a new hobby when you're not even interested in it to begin with is hard enough for an aspie, and how can I take up new hobbies when I can't even enjoy the ones I already have? Except drawing cartoons isn't just a hobby for me, it's a passion. Or at least it was a passion.

Yes, but mine seemed to last longer, but have very long intervals inbetween.

Yes, I was "hyper" creative last year during lockdown. I wrote and recorded heaps of songs, got a publisher and then spent hours on social marketing (which I hated). Now I have no creativity, can't pick up my guitar for more than 5 minutes. Maybe it's because I spent more money than I made, or I just got burnt out. I thought about other hobbies but none interest me. I started doing jigsaws which helps take my mind off things, but when one is finished what do I do, another one?

Spurts of creativity, an artist is never done. I love mixed media but don't have the mojo to go forward. My bad times in my marriage helped me really get into drawing intricate flowers. Then going thru divorce powered my divorce comic strips. Now l powered by paying credit card debt to zero which involves little a creativity and being very patient with my timetable.

Sometimes, for me, taking the lid off control is too much. Creativity for me involves letting stuff flow. (I don’t mean to be gross.)
The pandemic and some other crap that was happening in the last 3 yrs made my creativity go off limits.
Evidently, it’s growlinrg at me to beging again.

I really have to get to a point in a drawing where I know I will continue like at least most of the sketching done otherwise if I leave it earlier I will start picking at it and will not finish it. But once I get to a point that I am happy with I will continue and finish it.

I’ve gotten creative bursts in a short amount of time before. Also ones where I just stay alert and awake longer than usual. Once I was awake three days and I didn’t have any caffeine. During that time I did a speed run of Pokémon Crystal and cleared all the Gyms and Red battle on Mt Silver in under 24 hours. I also went to a therapy group session that I was attending at the time.

New Threads

Top Bottom