• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Humor With Purpose: Commercials

Judge

V.I.P Member
Just saw an air freshener commercial that amused me to no end. Depicting that moment when someone sprays an aerosol to improve the air quality in their bathroom.

Resulting in the person running in desperation from the aerosol spray itself. Sound familiar? :p

Talk about an Aspie moment! But nice to see a manufacturer putting some emphasis on making such a product tolerable, rather than the usual masking of one bad odor with another.

Just saw an air freshener commercial that amused me to no end. Depicting that moment when someone sprays an aerosol to improve the air quality in their bathroom.

Resulting in the person running in desperation from the aerosol spray itself. Sound familiar? :p

Talk about an Aspie moment! But nice to see a manufacturer putting some emphasis on making such a product tolerable, rather than the usual masking of one bad odor with another.

FYI, the Toto washlet toilet seat does, among other things, fairly successfully eliminate the odors. :D

I always liked the one where the little girl was complaining to her mother that the house smelled like fish. The mother sprayed some rose scented deodorant in the room. Then the girl said "Now it smells like fish and roses".

Light a pleasant scented candle and a drop or two of zoflora (scented disenfect) onto the bowl water surface before sitting down.

It's easier on the senses and the mucus membranes than near choking on lungfulls of perfumed water sprayed from an areosol.

The quick loan adverts over the pond, here, amuse me.

The idea is that should you run out of money before next payday you can have a loan in a heartbeat BUT the APR is something like 1435% (yes you did read that correctly)

If a person can't juggle their income til the following pay day, what hope would they ever have of repaying that kind of interest, let alone the original loan amount.

It might be amusing the first time you watch it, perhaps a little the second time and maybe even slightly the third time, but after the 100th+ time being forced to watch the same advert it's about as funny as listening to children screaming in your face during what seems like a never ending cluster headache.

It might be amusing the first time you watch it, perhaps a little the second time and maybe even slightly the third time, but after the 100th+ time being forced to watch the same advert it's about as funny as listening to children screaming in your face during what seems like a never ending cluster headache.

You obviously don't watch them enough.

Get to about 1,000 and its better than the first time.

1500 - man you have to try it. It's amazing.

It would seem; according to the advert on Classic F.M radio station, if I test drive and then buy a Maserati I will be altogether a much more acceptable person to know and equal to the other Maserati owners who also listen to the station?

Yes of course I also need the entire surface area of my front room wall covering with the biggest television ever created just in time for Christmas Day and visitors because we're all extremely short sighted and mute.

After installing the television I will definitely need a retro glass bottle of coca cola, a new bed, three piece suite because two hundred pounds has been slashed off the two grand price ticket, a brand new solid oak table and chairs and then a holiday ...

... Before which I should go and battle the masses to be Victor on grabbing that unnecessary but reduced item in the sales.

I am amused.
And somewhat sarcastic.

It would seem; according to the advert on Classic F.M radio station, if I test drive and then buy a Maserati I will be altogether a much more acceptable person to know and equal to the other Maserati owners who also listen to the station?

Yes of course I also need the entire surface area of my front room wall covering with the biggest television ever created just in time for Christmas Day and visitors because we're all extremely short sighted and mute.

After installing the television I will definitely need a retro glass bottle of coca cola, a new bed, three piece suite because two hundred pounds has been slashed off the two grand price ticket, a brand new solid oak table and chairs and then a holiday ...

... Before which I should go and battle the masses to be Victor on grabbing that unnecessary but reduced item in the sales.

I am amused.
And somewhat sarcastic.

And you can all watch the great escape on the new tv...,

I am amused.
And somewhat sarcastic.

They have a phrase for that. It's called "Keeping up with the Jones.". Whoever the Jones are.

Men, if you wear Lynx it will completely take over beautiful women's minds and they will go absolutely crazy after you.

You don't believe it? Well maybe you should buy some of those "magic" pheromone's they advertise instead as they're scientifically proven to work. Look you can even buy some on Amazon and the advert states, "BECOME BABE MAGNET" and they even say it's "guaranteed to give you great results - fast!", so it must be true or surely it would be false advertising which is illegal, right?

Well Richie and Eddie fell for all the hype about pheromone spray, did it make them absolutely irresistible to women? Lets see.... (Contains some adult humour, please see note below ***)

A clip from the comedy BBC TV series Bottom and a tribute to the late and great Rik Mayall (1958–2014) RIP.

*** Note: The above clip was taken from series 1 episode 1 (Smells) that was first shown on the 17th September 1991. It was classified as certificate 12 in the UK when it was first released on DVD as part of first series in 2003 (some later episodes were classified certificate 15).

Last edited:
Originally I wanted to post the YouTube ad Liquid Death which I saw last night, but then I realized it had swearing in it, so here's this ad instead:

Those Progressive insurance commercials are beginning to annoy me. The ones where they poke fun at people behaving more like their parents. I mean, really? Funny or not at all....what does that have to do with insurance? :rolleyes:

But then so many of them on television seem to straddle that line of basically being non-sequiturs. Humor only as a catalyst for name-recognition. A concept that remains HUGE on Madison Avenue. Just not so much on "Main Street".

I may get the purpose of such a marketing strategy, but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth based on whatever name they throw out there. When I get a flyer from this company citing I *might* have lower insurance premiums my first inclination is always to toss it into the nearest waste bin. My bad...

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom