• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do aspies/auties feel about holidays like christmas?

My enthusiasm for Christmas died a long time ago. It's just a day really with gifts and different food. It's like whatever. It can be nice though.

I like having extra cash to buy things related to my special interests.

I dislike the festivities (putting up a tree, hearing Christmas carols everywhere, the nauseating scent of pine, public places are more crowded, you're expected to spend time around extended family whom you'd rather not associate with.)

I like the religious significance of the holidays as I'm a Christian, but I also dislike going to Christmas Mass (or Mass at any time of year really) because it's crowded and I hate being away from things related to my special interests, like my computer, my music, my Pokemon collection and my Spongebob DVDs.

For me Christmas is all about celebrating the nativity of Christ, so all of the church activities are very meaningful. But I don't really care about all the rest of it - when I was a little kid I enjoyed decorations and presents and being home from school, but that's not something I'm into anymore. We don't do family get togethers or anything (every body is long distance)....but the one time we did go and do that, I really didn't enjoy it - it was socially awkward and I don't care about gifts so.....it was just a strain since there were lots of people I barely knew and lots of noise.

New Threads

Top Bottom