• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How can anyone think iPhone's, iPad's are more in use when Android devices like Oneplus and Pixel devices are far better?

Tony Ramirez

Single. Purging toxic places and people.
V.I.P Member
Everytime I see someone take out their phone or tablet and see it's an iPhone or iPad I think to myself what are they thinking? How can they use such a crippled device.

I use a oneplus 11 phone and a oneplus pad. I got so much freedom. I can run my own launcher which is Microsoft launcher on both devices. I can run my own default web browser which is Kiwi browser. I can run chrome extensions like ublock. These are things I can't do on a iPhone. I just don't understand why people think apple devices are so much better.

Last edited:
Not sure but I had Android phones for years from Motorola, to Samsung and others and I far prefer the iPhone.

Not sure but I had Android phones for years from Motorola, to Samsung and others and I far prefer the iPhone.
Why? I started out with an iPod touch and I hated how anything I wanted to do on it needed to be jailbroken. It wasn't until I got my first smartphone that I decided to try android and got a Nexus 5 and I loved how much I could customized android I never went back to iOS until my father won an iPad from work that I realized how much I hated iOS. I since got an new android tablet and my freedom back.

I think it's because they like to show off that they have the economic means to buy an apple product (which, as you said, are trash and EXTREMELY gimmicky)

I've used android since smartphones became available and my favorite brand is Motorola (can't afford a Motorola so I'm using a wiko phone)

I too use the Microsoft launcher because I used a windows phone for a bit and it was my favorite phone ever, too bad they don't make them anymore

Australia is very much a part of Asia and on this side of the globe iPhones aren't all that popular, Android is by far the most common. Considerably cheaper too.

It can depend on use cases, or... at least that's the theory.

I've got an iPad myself, the hyper pricey recent model, and the reason I bought it was because it's the biggest one in terms of screen size for drawing.

...Okay and the other reason is I'm not familiar with Android and such and frankly couldnt be bothered to learn those. This always seems to baffle people around me, but I seriously dont use these types of devices much. The iPad is mostly for art, but my iPhone... that thing is old and the dog chewed on it a bit. I dont like the stupid thing and never use it (and no, I wouldnt like an android phone either... I just dont like phones, you see).

I've always found it baffling that people often get so excited and obsessive over these bloody gizmos. Like, I see some kid get an iPhone or other smartphone for their birthday or something and they absolutely flip the heck out like they just won the lottery and discovered Bigfoot at the same time. Whereas mine goes almost entirely unused and is usually forgotten in some corner somewhere, or the battery is dead, or both. Only reason I even own one is that it's a safety device. Like, I can call for help or something like that if I find myself in some sort of trouble when I'm out of the house. Also, it's a magical talking map.

Beyond that, the dog has used it more than I have. And yes, it's in a case, which is old and mangled.

Frankly I'm not particularly fond of the iPad either. It serves it's purpose as an art device (with the pencil) and it can render fractals in a really wobbly way, but it does next to nothing otherwise. Used to browse TvTropes when I'm laying in bed (I do have an adblocker on there, a very awkward one, but hey, it works). That's about it. Theoretically I could do more with it, but this is a freaking Apple device, and you cant have nice things on an Apple device. Cant have anything that isnt in their terrible store.

Aint like I'd be GAMING on a tablet anyway. Freaking mobile games, amirite?

Other than that, it's a noise machine for when I sleep.

Also I have no intention of "upgrading" to new models of either of these stupid things until they entirely break. Just not interested.

Beyond that, the dog has used it more than I have.
This was why I chose my username here. Hate it, avoid it. It lives plugged in to a usb port at the back of my computer. Almost no one has my number. It's greatest function is that it squawks at me if I'm gaming and an email or a message comes through. I don't use any social media.

It's very rarely that I'll take it with me when I go out, it's just one more annoyance I don't need. And even at home if I don't feel like answering it I won't.

Why? I started out with an iPod touch and I hated how anything I wanted to do on it needed to be jailbroken. It wasn't until I got my first smartphone that I decided to try android and got a Nexus 5 and I loved how much I could customized android I never went back to iOS until my father won an iPad from work that I realized how much I hated iOS. I since got an new android tablet and my freedom back.

The iOS seems so much more intuitive and natural to me than Android. YMMV ("Your Mileage May Vary").

Also, my Apple Watch quickly became a multi-function tool that I use all the time and every day. It's synced to me phone. It's my watch, calculator, fitness device, calorie counter, weather station, phone, recorder, timer (I use my timer and stopwatch easily every day), calendar, method of payment, music, games, to-do list, text device and a few games.

This was why I chose my username here. Hate it, avoid it. It lives plugged in to a usb port at the back of my computer. Almost no one has my number. It's greatest function is that it squawks at me if I'm gaming and an email or a message comes through. I don't use any social media.

It's very rarely that I'll take it with me when I go out, it's just one more annoyance I don't need. And even at home if I don't feel like answering it I won't.

Yeah, same here for the most part. Though I'm kinda contradictory with this stuff, as I'm only outdated on very specific things, but other than that, I'm the one that controls most of the tech in the house. Except the weird thing in the wire room. I dont touch whatever that is.

Phones I wont use, tablets I only use for super specific things, and under no circumstances will I touch social media. Heck I dont even use email (because I cant find a reason to. What the heck would I do with it?)

But on the other hand there's my giant brick of a PC here, a gaming and rendering rig, the forest of cables that are frequently switched out, various other gizmos, and the battery. Oh, and the VR set.

Definitely a contrast there.

I could not use any other browser but Kiwi on android because of extention support. Safari on iOS is terrible. Try browsing on there and the ads are crazy. Also there is no APF. On my tablet in one month it filtered the f word over a 1000 times.

I think that it generated a cult-like following for being first with a WYSIWYG environment for those naive users who never knew command syntax to enter at the command prompt

I always like customizing my devices. I started with a iPod classic and hated it when I could not even do the simple things like change the launcher or default app. I was always for nitch products. I always had the product that was the least popular but I loved it.

I like my iPhone. It does what I want it to do and it’s intuitive for me. That’s all that matters, to me. I’ve had android phones, but I just prefer this.

I exclusively use Android devices for my mobile needs but like iOS devices are objectively better if you care about things like 'security' and 'updates', which you know you should.

Like I buy Motorola smartphones and y'all wanna know how many years of OS and security updates are guaranteed with those? If you buy one of their flagships, you're fine and you get three upgrades (as in updates to the version of Android) and four years of security patches. But if you buy one of their more budget conscious phones, like in the Moto G line? You get one Android version update and two years of security patches.

I have a Moto G Stylus (2021), which as the name implies came out in early 2021. It came with Android 10 and updated to Android 11. The current version of Android is Android 13 and I'm not getting it nor any future versions of Android.

Meanwhile let's compare that with iOS: next month, iOS is releasing iOS 17. Wanna know the oldest device that will support iOS 17? The iPhone XS, which came out in 2018. A device that will be five years old next month will be supported by the latest iOS version.

Also most people don't care about things like customizability or the freedom to install whatever they want on their device: they care about ease of use (and, if they're already in the Apple ecosystem, the fact that [spoiler alert], everything just works seamlessly with each other).

(There is also the whole iMessage thing as well, especially if you live in the United States, where Apple literally cripples messaging between iOS and Android devices in a deliberate attempt to make people hate Android for 'ruining' messages with iOS users and the stereotype that Android is for 'poor' people because a lot of people just associate Android with the super cheap and garbage sub-$100 prepaid phones running like 3 year old Android versions with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of storage that can't do anything useful)

(There is also the whole iMessage thing as well, especially if you live in the United States, where Apple literally cripples messaging between iOS and Android devices in a deliberate attempt to make people hate Android for 'ruining' messages with iOS users)

For anyone who wants to truly want to message me use WhatsApp. That's what I say.

Just using apps like Cx file explorer, fx explorer to stream and manage from OneDrive. Prisise Frame mvp video player which makes me play videos frame by frame again apps I can only use on android.

I used to pack an iPhone, iPad, along with my MacBook and iMac. Now I just use the Apple computers, and not the new MacBook or iMac either! To be honest they spoiled their run when they banished Google Maps and forced me to use their terrible (certainly at the time) Apple Maps. They literally cost me a job where I was basically told just arrive on time and not crash into the place and the job was mine! My amazing iPhone decided to route me north via the nearest city 50 miles away, then south 50 miles back home, then 50 miles back north then 30 miles south, take a left and after 5 miles arrive at my destination.

Literally a circle and a quarter! I will have screen grabs of this "route" stored somewhere! The "navigation" was provided by TomTom at the time and seemed to suffer from the same bug that my older (by that point broken) TomTom sat nav, that would just for some dumb random reason start routing me back home without telling me, part way through my journey! One of the reasons why I rationalised the cost of a new iPhone back then was that it would replace my rubbish sat nav with Google Maps. Which, in my opinion, is still vastly superior to Apple Maps!

My son has a Pixel because it has more storage for his music collections which I believe are around 500,000 songs.

He has a MacBook laptop though.

I don’t understand any non-Mac products. They’re not intuitive to me.

New Threads

Top Bottom