• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hot Showers

Do you like showers or baths?

• Hot Showers are great!

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Cold Showers are better!

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Baths are better!

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • None of this matters to me.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • People clean themselves?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Xinyta

Lost wandering entity
There is just something about hot showers that satisfy me. A moment of happiness suspended in time, no matter my day. Good or bad. Like a cacoon of ambiant warmth surrounding me.

I could get lost in the feeling and have, in short amounts. If it wasn't for there being a finite source of hot water, I'd have it run till I knew I was ready to move on to the next thing. Radiating heat and happy warmth.

How about anyone else?

I don't like showering every day, I don't feel the shower counts unless I wash my hair, and that takes hours to dry (I don't like the hairdryer, so only use it if I really have to) so I rather take hot showers 2-3 times a week, and then make them longer :) it is especially good in the winter time, getting nice and warm.

Last edited:
I never liked the shower too hot, I still remember Mum telling me when I was little that if the shower was too hot I'd cook my brain. I'm another one that doesn't shower every day but I also don't have a very strong body odour. I also have a lot of hair and I tend to shower only when the hair starts feeling a bit greasy.

I like it hot, but there have been showers in the world that could get too scalding hot for my tastes as getting burns is not my preference at all.

I love love love hot showers. I also have sat in my shower and cried out meltdowns. It is soothing and l feel nothing bad can happen, because l am shower bound. Maybe literally, l am hoping to wash away my feelings and pain. It's cathartic in my tiny little pea brain.

I am contrarian here. I enjoy baths. That weightless feeling lying in hot water. Those suppressed low pitched noises from far away things when head gets under the water. Being completely surrounded by water and every inch of my skin being touched by it, instead having it just flowing thru some certain parts of my body.

Hot showers are second best thing though.

I prefer baths, but settle for warm - not hot showers due to time and water constraints. I really dont like the feeling of a shower at all, but cold or hot showers bother me more.

Hot but not too hot showers. If it's too hot my skin gets dried out and become itchy. I prefer it to be just warm enough.

Not a big fan of baths. It takes too much time and the water gets cold too quickly.

I love hot hot hot water. OMG yes a hot shower is lovely. But I'd rather take a near volcanic heat bath. I have very pale, freckled skin, so it's very sensitive to heat. But as long as it's just below scalding, that's the bath temperature I like best.

My apartment building has a boiler in it, and there are lots of little kids who live here. So the management turned down the temperature on the hot water. It's warmish tepid. Safe for babies. But I recently went on vacation and got to soak in a marble bathtub, in seemingly near boiling temperature water. It was amazing.

I also really like cold plunges. Especially after hot baths, jacuzzi dips, or saunas. In the summer, coldish bathwater is very nice, but still, I have been known to take super hot baths in the summer too.

I am contrarian here. I enjoy baths. That weightless feeling lying in hot water. Those suppressed low pitched noises from far away things when head gets under the water. Being completely surrounded by water and every inch of my skin being touched by it, instead having it just flowing thru some certain parts of my body.

Hot showers are second best thing though.
That's a bigger bathtub than I have. Jacuzzis and remote hot springs are more my bag.

Showers are best with a showerhead that gives different pulses. It isn't as fun as it used to be because the state makes us keep our shower pressure low to conserve water.

Hot but not too hot showers. If it's too hot my skin gets dried out and become itchy. I prefer it to be just warm enough.

Not a big fan of baths. It takes too much time and the water gets cold too quickly.
It might be eczema, one of our many common comorbid problems. My doctor got me to quit hot showers, and it helps with the eczema. I am also a warrior against climate change and find I can usually take a very short shower.

It might be eczema, one of our many common comorbid problems. My doctor got me to quit hot showers, and it helps with the eczema. I am also a warrior against climate change and find I can usually take a very short shower.
No I see a dermatologist on a regular basis, it's not eczema. My skin gets dry, especially during the drier months of the year. I try to drink enough water to help but it doesn't seem to do anything, I just have to keep the water not too hot and use a lotion and use a soap for sensitive skin, especially in the winter months.

I adore showers that are as hot as I can stand them. I will adjust that temperature upwards as I adjust to it. It is heavenly to rest my head against the wall below the shower head and let the water cascade down the back of my neck across my shoulders and cascade down across my breasts and beyond. Conversely, I also enjoy soaking in a cold water bath, which can change temperatures depending on the time of year. I find that soaking in a very cold bath for as long as you can stand will sponsor a rather interesting experience upon getting out.

I live close, within an reasonable drive, to two hot springs. The closest provides the joys of both experiences as they have a couple of waterfalls within close proximity that provide a very hot cascade next to a very cold one. I love dwelling under the hot for some time letting it hit my neck and back and then moving immediately to the cold and repeating the same. I have no words to convey how that makes me feel.

I seem to possess high tolerances to both hot and cold water, which I find odd because I cannot say the same for hot and cold air. ;)

That's a bigger bathtub than I have. Jacuzzis and remote hot springs are more my bag.
Oops... I used wrong concepts, those are things I meant but didn't figure out words (non-English speaker).

Actually, I don't have a bathtub, just a shower. So visits to hot water swimming pools, bathhouses etc. are so rare experience that they feel even better.

I hate the changes when it comes to showers, i don't do baths... at all, hate them. With showers i hate having to get undressed and the transition from being cold, to wet, to warm and then cold getting out of the shower. I find the whole thing tedious and hate it.

I work in a dusty/dirty place at work and have to shower every night I come home, it blows.

No I see a dermatologist on a regular basis, it's not eczema. My skin gets dry, especially during the drier months of the year. I try to drink enough water to help but it doesn't seem to do anything, I just have to keep the water not too hot and use a lotion and use a soap for sensitive skin, especially in the winter months.

Hot showers dry out my skin, too. I use CeraVe body moisturizer and Dove unscented soap for sensitive skin. I also dilute shampoo about 50% with water as my hair is never very dirty and it, too, dries out even if I thoroughly rinse out all shampoo residue.

I also dilute shampoo about 50% with water as my hair is never very dirty and it, too, dries out even if I thoroughly rinse out all shampoo residue.
That's a good idea, never thought of doing that. My dermatologist actually advised me to use a shampoo that is more neutral on the Ph scale, so I've done that too, although my hair and scalp don't seem to suffer from dryness too much.

New Threads

Top Bottom