• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hot Showers

Do you like showers or baths?

• Hot Showers are great!

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Cold Showers are better!

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Baths are better!

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • None of this matters to me.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • People clean themselves?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Can't vote, because I prefer warm showers!

Hate water being on my skin, so I only have a shower twice a week.

I hate the changes when it comes to showers, i don't do baths... at all, hate them. With showers i hate having to get undressed and the transition from being cold, to wet, to warm and then cold getting out of the shower. I find the whole thing tedious and hate it.

I work in a dusty/dirty place at work and have to shower every night I come home, it blows.
When I take a shower in the winter I crank up the heat. If I keep the bathroom door closed the little room really warms up. Get the fluffiest warmest bathrobe you can and warm fuzzy slippers.

Having to get dressed again is the part I dislike.

When I take a shower in the winter I crank up the heat. If I keep the bathroom door closed the little room really warms up. Get the fluffiest warmest bathrobe you can and warm fuzzy slippers.
I remember my past, at winter time, living in cold apartments, the only time I could get warm was in the shower, I started by spraying warm water on the walls, so the shower heated up faster, then enjoyed the few minutes (it took to take the shower) of warmth before I had to get out in the cold again.

Having to get dressed again is the part I dislike.

Good idea, I may invest in a bath robe.

I remember my past, at winter time, living in cold apartments, the only time I could get warm was in the shower, I started by spraying warm water on the walls, so the shower heated up faster, then enjoyed the few minutes (it took to take the shower) of warmth before I had to get out in the cold again.

Yea I feel you there, when I was 8 the house we moved into didn’t have an indoor toilet as it was really old and the only toilet was outside in a red brick outhouse, that was fun going to in the middle of the night especially when it was frozen outside and there was no electricity going to it either.. carrying out a camping gas lamp out with you.. damn the old days were harsh for us lol.

We renovated the house a year or so later and brought it into the modern times.

Although the house has a shower/bathtub, I dare not take a bath due to my size. Might never get out. As for showers themselves, they're great if on a very warm setting. Had a girlfriend years back that liked them super hot- Lobster Setting- but it seemed to burn my hand if I stuck it in the stream of water. The shower head has a bunch of settings which is enjoyable to experiment.
Had an outdoor job for 30+ years- had to shower everyday. Now retired, twice a week is fine, or when leaving the property.

A warm bath, Dead Sea salt, lots of bubbles to get lost in, and a spritz of vanilla perfume before bed! Occasionally, I also use violet-scented perfume!

I was always a bath person but you cannot have one each day too much work.
I take showers, not too hot because it burns and irritates the skin.
Cold showers are supposed to be good fir you but it sure it hard to commit to a child shower because even 5 mins can be hell.

That might have described me until the age of 14 and 9th grade... One of those social customs I just never absorbed.
I didn't have that option at home. At school PE class, it was pretty regimented. Everyone showered, so again no option.

I didn't have that option at home. At school PE class, it was pretty regimented. Everyone showered, so again no option.
I just ran into the shower and then ran out. Barely got wet. No soap. We didn't have a shower at home. It wasn't until high school, when we'd moved into a trailer that had a shower, that I took bathing seriously. I had no idea how wonderful it was to stand in a hot shower with water pounding. From then on, I'd take showers until the hot water tank ran cold.

My parents didn't teach me a lot about hygiene and nothing at all about personal grooming.

New Threads

Top Bottom